shape
carat
color
clarity

6 ct oval j vs1 custom Tradeshop Duane the greatest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is probably gonna sound funny but .... it looks COMFIE!!! Sometimes when I see a big honker on a teensy weensy band - i think "Man, that has gotta HURT!" ... but your ROCK ... it looks like it was just made for the proportions of your hand, and that wide band -- it''s perfect home.

Congrats!!! It''s an Eye-Popper!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is a rock!!!! And you have beautiful long fingers to carry that baby off!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, your pics made my day!!!! Beautiful! I love the setting for the stone!!! Enjoy.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
HOLY SHUCK!!!!!! I need a cigarette now!!!!!!! That stone is magnificent! I love ovals and that beauty is at the TOP of my list!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 11:28:48 PM
Author: decodelighted
This is probably gonna sound funny but .... it looks COMFIE!!! Sometimes when I see a big honker on a teensy weensy band - i think ''Man, that has gotta HURT!'' ... but your ROCK ... it looks like it was just made for the proportions of your hand, and that wide band -- it''s perfect home.

Congrats!!! It''s an Eye-Popper!
HAHA
3.gif
I was actually thinking the same thing! I LOVE the setting, and as for the the STONE...it''s pretty much as perfect as you can get in my book. I think I speak for all of us when I say this ring is going to go down in PS history!
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow!!!! Love ovals and your ring is really wonderful. Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful ring!

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!! ______________________________________ passed out, laying on floor. Awakens to bright, bright light
10.gif

Hush about those pictures not doing justice. Justice was served today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy sparkler! Your "giant" diamond is absolutely stunning! Congratulations.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I just fainted......
36.gif

young

Rough_Rock
I keep thinking over the last 7 months in my research that I used a kind of crazy logic. I kept being steered toward the c''s on paper most always from everyone but Navin, at the Clark Building, with his 7 ct i si3 radiant for $43k said "You have to be in love with the stone".

You have to trust someone who also trusts the cutter''s opinion. I had to do enough research to trust myself in being realistic (although I really stretch it this time) in my criteria.... In other words can it be done?

I finally started using the logic that I would go for minimums. Everyone kept telling me that I may even lose 50% light return by the cut. I am an engineering tech and I am artistic and creative and said to myself "Well, self.... I can buy an 8mm long diamond excellent cut and return 100% light across a room full of people and they will see so much flash..... OR I can have a 16mm rock that produces 50-80% of that flash. Then of course the pythagorean theorum popped into may head and in combination with the parallax view of the 8mm stone at 100% in comparison with the 16mm stone with say 70% (for giggles)....

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! thunder struck, I said to myself.... "Self, the 16mm stone would actually, because it is a bigger mirror for light X 2, as compared with the 8mm, show the neighbor ladies more flash by a variable percentage but not less than (in any instance) the smaller stone. Bigger mirror X 2 = ?????

You understand my crazy logic.... it may not hold water but, I''m entitled to my own opinion.

I was lookin on Pricescope every day and was only looking for si1 to si3 stones combined with lower colors....

I COMPLETELY forgot to check out VS1''s..... I overlooked that there could be a lower color, crazy cut diamond out there with extraordinary clarity.

So for about 3-4 months this stone had eluded me.

Finally Jamie had a battleship sized marquise picked out for Stella, Valerie had an 8ct oval G (WHITE WHITE WHITE) with some flaws that would be covered by prongs, Duane had some choice, choices of rocks, Navin downtown had a real not virtual rock 7.2 ct radiant, excellent cut, etc I color SI3 that we saw was acceptable in white setting. Nice... all very nice.

Then I read the thread on Duane and excellent customs. My wax carver was trained in France.... and I just decided at the end of my search to punch in the criteria of VS1-I3 on the searches and I saw that the cutter/vendor had remarked "Very nice layout".

All of the sudden all of my criteria (ALL OF IT) was there in that particular stone. I could have it all!!!!!!!!!!! Never, never, never give up.

Also Stella did not want to pay/order the diamond without the setting even though then we were at risk if the diamond turned out to be unacceptable and we had to return it. SHE WANTED "ALL IN" or nothing!

So I spent a month showing her every setting pic on the web (really seriously). We settled for a tiffany style medium band and I wanted 6 prongs offset from normal. I was speaking with Duane''s designer there (Vicky??) and she said that it would be a shame to see such a gorgeous rare stone in an everyday setting. (all of my neighbor ladies have those settings and I wanted Stella to outshine all the neighbor ladies that think they''re better than Stella so that they would now know that Stella trly is the best undeniably, irrefutably.... This is my neighborhood goal!)

Well anywho, Duane had taken the ring from the cutter for me (without my money first and this is a no no) and I was stalling trying to pick "THE SETTING" "THE ONE".... Duane as I was talking on the phone said that I may just want to go back through the rings that Tradesop had done again...... there are hundreds of good pics of their stuff. I went back here where I find refuge and looked at a certain lady''s ring (who is above in this post) and mamaring and other''s. At the very last second (God just gives me just enough time to do these things) I completely did a 180 and asked Duane could we do this big of a stone in a tension setting or could we do it in a 4 prong....... and it had to have hearts as one of their previous rings had.... and the lady that is above in this post has a gorgeous oval set with sides and I was imagining.

From the concept we were fearing the prongs set too far apart, light entry (Duane was not at all concerned with flash and life.... he saw it... I had to trust him or no). Too wide also was a huge concern. We did not want a wide band but a medium at max. Duane came up with a Euroshank for a narrower band. I came up with some alternative Euroshanks... There are inside Euro''s and outside Euro''s.

I just kind of gave up and said "D Wayne It''s all in the hands and the eye of you and the wax carver". We were in Orlando at the time and my brain was dizzy Disneyed. I had to put full faith somewhere.

They came up with a wider band than anticipated. Duane remains cool and says we can always take off metal but it''s hard to put back on:)

Stella''s panicing my heart will never be the same because we are looking at digital pics.... Fact is they do optically illude you.

Anyhow Duane reassures me we will get it right... so we got it. Duane said "It''s not coming back". He knew. No more nitro for me... no more panic attacks, no more binge drinking (until tomorrow:), no more diamonds for a while. Just set her on cruise!

Thanks all,

Just some new ones may find helpful and they ain''t the only ones that need some experiences to draw from.

Brent

young

Rough_Rock
You're all so cute and supportive.

Suz, Diva, Skippy, Miranda .... all of you are so kind. I found out by getting out of the doghouse today, that diamonds are a man's best friend. I gotta order a couple loose stones from Duane that can be my "get out of jail FREE cards" for about 4 occasions I get into trouble per month. Let me see..... 48 loose diamonds may have me scott free for the next year.... :D' Wayne:), will you give me a hypothetical figure and I won't hold you to it but please price me up a batch of 48 loose.....:)....

Miranda the cigarrette thing is killin me... I been thinking of your post for hours:).... some of you guys are really funny.... did you see the cat above in the post... Stella and my twins were close to cryin

DiaDiva I remember your rock on this forum probably was the turning point for "could I do a 4 prong?".

PS I think thanks because this one seems to be going into PS history all because of you!

Thanks All for being so.... you know

Brent (Stella's lurking)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear god I think I need a cigarette!!! That thing is AMAZING. I love the shape and proportion of the stone. Congratulations!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 9:24:37 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Oh dear god I think I need a cigarette!!! That thing is AMAZING. I love the shape and proportion of the stone. Congratulations!
Me too. *passes Dee a cig*

I''m pretty much speechless. The stone is absolutely stunning. Really. And I love wide bands too...

You did good, REALLY good.

Congrats!!!
36.gif

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
36.gif
30.gif
4.gif
9.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, wow, wow, wow, I think this is all I can say...lol Oh, so beautiful... congratulations it is so beautiful.. now that is all I can say...
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2007 11:41:54 AM
Author: mara54
Wow, wow, wow, wow, I think this is all I can say...lol Oh, so beautiful... congratulations it is so beautiful.. now that is all I can say...
35.gif
HI:

Hey Mara54--how are ya??? Sorry for the hijack!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''m having a stroke.
emstar.gif
emlove.gif

Just an amazing stone and it looks beautiful on that big thick band. Gorgeous.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What a BOULDER !!!

W
30.gif
W W
30.gif
W W
30.gif
W

It's a J color ??? Magnificent!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I could cry that''s so beautiful. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect x 1,000,000. The wide band is perfect and Stella''s hand is perfect.

You certainly accomplished what you set out to do. That is a showstopper in every sense of the word. I can just imagine the neighbour''s eye''s googling out of their heads! Ours are (PS''ers) and we''re used to looking at beautiful stones and rings all day long.

Pleeeeeeeaaase take more photos. I don''t think I can ever see enough! And thank you for sharing this wonderful ring.

a

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, WOW, FAB!!!

Stella will definately outshine all the neighbors now!!!!!

Beautiful.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
The hand shots helped me put it in perspective... that thing is GIGANTIC!!!
23.gif
23.gif
30.gif
6.gif
9.gif
I love it and I love the setting. Cheers to you and congratulations!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! That ring is ridiculously beautiful! It looks absolutely GORGEOUS! The diamond is amazing! And the wide band really sets it off! Congratulations on a show stopper!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I had to come back today to see this! I didn''t even notice the heart prongs!!!! So sweet! You TOTALLY get out of jail free!!! My hubby needs to call you! He is in trouble frequently and has to buy his way out of it!!! Diamonds usually do the trick.

Did I miss it? Who''s Duane?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I agree it looks perfect on your hand!! I love the setting ...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait for more pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day''um...that is HUGE!
Gorgoeous ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 9:03:08 PM
Author: Miranda
I had to come back today to see this! I didn''t even notice the heart prongs!!!! So sweet! You TOTALLY get out of jail free!!! My hubby needs to call you! He is in trouble frequently and has to buy his way out of it!!! Diamonds usually do the trick.

Did I miss it? Who''s Duane?
If you did, so did I. Who IS Duane please?

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
The ring is GORGEOUS!!! Holy smokes!!

And I want to know who Duane is, too!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
As a true oval lover,
30.gif
30.gif
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! That stone could hold 4 of mine!!! It''s completely fabulous!! Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results