shape
carat
color
clarity

6 ct oval j vs1 custom Tradeshop Duane the greatest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

young

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I get this rock and setting about 10:30am tomorrow. Wow, I told Duane I invented a new word... Holy Shuck!

Thanks all for your posts. Due to your forum I passed on several stones both virtual and one 8 ct radiant si3 at Brilliant Nuevo Diamonds at the Clark Building Pittsburgh for $43k (nice huge rock!!!) get with me if you want to check Navin''s rock out, Navin is very nice too and not overpriced. I also passed on a huge 8 ct oval that the flaw/flaws would be hidden by prongs!! Get with me if you want to see an 8 ct g oval that is large like an aircraft carrier. I don''t know post rules so don''t want to advertise inadvertently but Valerie has several large estate sale stones... huge stones at diamond-vault.

I wanted a clear clean diamond for platinum but 18k white is harder and less prone to scratching per Duane.

I actually went and emailed all (ALL) the cutters and manufacturers I could come up with from here to Canada to Belgium to the Carribean!!!

All of the local and internet dealers I came in contact were very pleasant and all were very helpful. I wish I could have bought one from each. Each had a different concept and helped me morph my vision to the outcome.

Especially helpful were the experts'' opinions and posts!!! Hail to you guys!!!!!!!!!!! Much effort you spend to help as your charity. Jamie at Whiteflash truly cares and if anyone went with Whiteflash they would be impressed. Abazias was very nice and extremely helpful too.

I went with Duane and stuck with him. I did this predominantly because of a post here on custom settings from a certain lady about Tradeshop doing great custom work and my thanks are extended to that poster.

Duane is (totally) cool (and laid back/non-pushy, let''s spend some necessary time, as much as we need) and suited my personality and we complimented each other the whole way through. He eased me through my heart palpitations and we spent much due diligence in picking the stone first. He will massage it and make the outcome right. (The setting takes much time and thought also)

He was as leery as I was on this stone and he actually recommended some other stones. I second guessed that this was "THE ONE" and wanted to get as much info on this stone being that it had a strong blue flourescence, florescence.

I was concerned about every aspect of the stone, YES I WAS! I was second, third guessing myself.

Duane went to personally view it at a show so he could see for himself. Duane viewed it in sunlight and different light conditions. The girls at tradeshop there loved it too (one is a designer and gave me much, much input for this rocky... they can do your wildest dreams in a setting) and if the girls love it and Duane likes (loves) it..... well... why not go 4 it.

They have a trade in in case I want to upgrade later but my objective is ..... who knows?... this may be the last gift I can give her before my time is up??? and I want her to have the ring of a lifetime and not a stepping stone ring.

My objective was a totally absolutely eye clean (HUGE ROCK) stone acceptable in platinum or white gold.. marquise, radiant, oval... A nice huge bluff diamond that the neighbors think I spent a huge fortune on... little would they know..

That I just had to spend a small fortune! :)

I will know in the morning by the smile on her face and if she gives me the go head to come out of the doghouse!

We all have our moments... maybe mine is tomorrow!

Thanks and God bless.

Thanks to Duane and a shared vision.

Thanks to all of you that post and help!

youngdoneps.JPG

slyons29

Rough_Rock
hi Young! I think it was my posts that steared your towards tradeshop (i hope!) if so please tell duane that suzanne says HEY and that i''ll be in touch soon!

their work is amazing if their response is a little slow -- i can''t seem to post pics or i will show what i have had them done! can you help me with the pic post??????????????????????

hope you enjoy-- i can''t even IMAGINE a 6 carat stone.............................................................................
35.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes; that is HUGE
9.gif
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
We need hand shots tomorrow please.
12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How wide is the band? How many mm's? Ring size? Wow, beautiful

young

Rough_Rock
Hi Suzanne, Hi Skippy
Thanks for postin!
I''ll try and get hand pics tomorrow sometime between duties.

May be about 9mm between prongs tapering to 6mm back. Duane would have done a Euroshank if narrower.

Suzanne thanks for your post that steered me. Photo''s probably jpeg format takes less disk space. 100k is their limit (I think) if you get error then read the error message.... I myself had trouble posting to show me the ring forum and could not upload the very same pic I successfully uploaded to rockytalky forum you read.

Try a new topic on Rockytalky forum and click to find and upload your file to attach. First right click your picture you want to attach and click properties, then make sure it is below their 100k filesize limit. If it is over 100k bytes then erase a portion of the photo and save as another filename.... or take a pic again under the 100k limit andattach and upload that.
Write if you are not successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I''ll speak w/ Duane in am and say hi.
Thanks to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m grateful for your postings!
Thanks Skippy!! keep in touch!

young

Rough_Rock
OH yeah,
Skippy, it''s cut shallower than ideal. Dimensions impressed me but needed Duane to confirm fire and acceptability to address concern with cut.
Dimensions are 15.64x10.18
Thanks,
Brent
Filesize too big to upload egl cert

young

Rough_Rock
Thanks, forgot to mention a size 5 fyi.
Thanks Skippy!!!!!!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. STARS.
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
I am falling on the floor right now. That is SO gorgeous, you did SO good. I cannot wait to find out what she thinks of it and to see hand shots.

All the best for tomorrow, I can''t think what I would do if someone presented me with something that huge and beautiful. I will be waiting to find out all the details when you have time to post.

I am hoping tomorrow is indeed your moment! Please don''t forget us in the excitement!

36.gif
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
"Thanks and God bless"

NO...thankyou and God bless you for caring enough to post images. Please send us more...it is not every day that we are close to something like that!

DKS

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Holy B''Jesus!!! I could probably buy a nice condo with that thing!

Amazing and hats off for an excellent find!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I can not believe how HUGE, wow, so amazing! :) And so much for fancy cuts and larger stones showing more color---I can not believe that is a J! Good job and I absolutely can NOT wait to see hand shots! Dear lord, I must have short fingers ''cause that puppy wouldn''t even fit on my finger!!!!!!
30.gif
I would literally be covered nuckle to nuckle, how AWESOME would THAT be?!?!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! We need more pics for that rock!

I can''t wait to hear her reaction.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! Can''t wait to see the handshot!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 12:14:39 AM
Author: young
OH yeah,
Skippy, it''s cut shallower than ideal. Dimensions impressed me but needed Duane to confirm fire and acceptability to address concern with cut.
Dimensions are 15.64x10.18
Thanks,
Brent
Filesize too big to upload egl cert
I''ve been waiting to see an oval like this.... I can''t tell how many mains it has, but where a bowtie would normally be in an oval, this is cut like a modern cushion. If it has 8 mains it is what I am henceforth going to call a "modern oval" hahaha and if it has 6 mains, a "modified oval" ::grins::

Its lovely, love the wide band :)

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
::THUD:: that was me falling over in my chair!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Geeez, that thing is HUGE! Congrats on the find and please let us know what happens (with more pictures of course)!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:48:43 PM
Author:young
Hi all,

I get this rock and setting about 10:30am tomorrow. Wow, I told Duane I invented a new word... Holy Shuck!
Stella, Is the ring ready???
36.gif

We want to see pics on your lovely hand, please.
12.gif

young

Rough_Rock
Woke up this morning to the Fed Ex guy threw on my shorts and started downstairs. Stella and the girls beat me to it and were having trouble opening the boxes. Then we saw it. It shows no bow because it only has 6 mains as pointed out (I was leery but Duane checked it out personally). Instead we like it better because under the face it shows multiple DIAMOND shapes. We love it it looks unique and cool. It faces up white and looks perfect. It is extremely lively and sparkly. It is cut shallow and I expected a little less lively but it worked out great... maybe even helped with the 6 mains instead of 8. Who knows it may have been a young 12 year old apprentice cutter who made a great mistake or it may have been a maverick.. it may have been somebody that just had an idea.. It may have been to grind out a flaw.

It is a VS1 with Distinct Blue Florescense (spelling ok?)... meaning Strong Blue which can look hazy in sunlight, but Medium to Strong Blue has a positive effect on near colorless stones in that it can make it appear a grade or 2 higher. That was what I was counting on... the great clarity combined with strong blue florescence to give a great look.

I saw a few si3 stones that actually seemed to look darker in color than their grade. Now bear in mind that some EGL labs do not have the equipment necessary to properly grade the color right... in other words an they may label a stone that is really a J with med blue as an I. I was hoping they did have good equipment and judged my J correctly instead of it being a K and not graded right.

It is a VS1 graded stone and I have a good eye and it is absolutely eye clean.... not cleanish. Just what the doctor ordered!!!!

More to follow in a short while.

ps11.JPG

young

Rough_Rock
Also being that it was shallower, I actually was hoping that it would appear lighter than deeper radiant cuts of the same grade. I also checked these forums and I saw some K diamonds in platinum with blue florescence and they looked gorgeous!!

So I chanced it but only because I trusted Duane and the girls at Tradeshop.

ps12.JPG

young

Rough_Rock
Now bear in mind that I am not saying my cut is better than an ideal cut diamond. It is just that I wanted something huge... a real show stopper. Mission accomplished.

ps13.JPG

young

Rough_Rock
These pictures REALLY do not do the stone any justice. Bear in mind that it is full of life and sparkly. It is also overcast and rainy and my kitchen is all gold honeypot paint and cherry wood and dark green granite. Very dark.

ps14.JPG

young

Rough_Rock
I had to edit each of these shots because I took them too big (high resolution) without thinking. Most of them are without flash as soon as I figured how to turn that off.

ps15.JPG

young

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah and I have brown wooden floors too.. all that brown and the diamond does not appear yellow tinted to me. A 7 ct radiant I stone appeared much more tinted than this does.

ps16.JPG

young

Rough_Rock
Last of today''s pics. It is the most beautiful ring I could have imagined.

ps17.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Awesome Ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Love it! Yes, it is a showstopper!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Need lots more pictures soon!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Good Lordy what a beautiful ring!! What a great way to show off your gigantic oval
30.gif
10.gif
31.gif
9.gif
31.gif
10.gif
30.gif
...Oh and I love the term you invented! Holy shuck tastic!!!

young

Rough_Rock
Yes more pics taken by Kara my daughter tomorrow projected for you all. I was skakin like a leaf.... I can''t shake the mesmerization properties and shaky feeling out of my body yet.

When I was looking, there just is not too much to find on the internet about huge custom settings, huge diamonds, blue florescence, acceptable color for platinum or white, cut values, etc. BUT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Only place to be at Pricescope forums.

I made my decision sacrificing some of the 5 c''s for the fifth one... cost. Imagine what I would pay for a 6 ct vs1 in a lower color....

I couldn''t touch a G VS1 6 ct no matter what the cut.

So this forum helped me compensate the weaker points and come up with the absolute largest appearing diamond for my money and compensate enough to still be acceptable to the eye in white settings.... and wowwwweeeeeeee, Duane produced a perfect ring and it''s just perfect for me... even though imperfect stone.

young

Rough_Rock
No you invented Holy Shucktastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! great new one for the dictionary:) that enhances it to a PG-13 rating and it''s cooler and catchy!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s absolutely stunning, with a capital S!!!!! Just love it!!! Looks gorgeous on your hand. ENJOY!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
now THAT is a ring!!! wow!! total gorgeous! I love ovals!! congrats, it is gorgeous..I am still in awe!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results