carat
color
clarity

.58 AVR J IF Rose Gold Pendant

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been really enjoying wearing this.

This is my first foray into AVRs and I was certain that I wanted a warmer stone. I was really worried about the J showing too much tint, but it didn't. I do see the tint, but I don't mind it. It fits the stone. It's super pretty and I love seeing the facets sparkle. It's really cool to have an IF stone, my first and probably only one, ever. I saw the rose gold chain at my jeweler's and loved how it blended into my skin and allowed the diamond to just pop. I had planned on a bezel but this style seemed so much more fresh and easy. At first I thought it would be too small but once set and on my neck, it was more than enough. Hopefully this will be a keeper.

All indoor pics. Sorry but too lazy to go outside.

_1472.jpeg

_1473.jpeg

_1474.jpeg

_1475.jpeg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
That's really beautiful. Love it! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really lovely :love: Can we see some profile shots of the setting? I have a diamond pendant the same size that has the chain threaded through the back of the setting, and it flips downwards a lot. I'm thinking of resetting, but don't like bales or bezels.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that looks gorgeous on you! Love how simple and elegant it looks!

As an aside, I also love the plain band with your ering - beautiful!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
nice work!

it looks simple and elegant...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY You started a thread on your gorgeous new pendant!!! :love:
I LOVE it on you. It really pops and your metal choice looks amazing against your neck LLJsmom. I could not love it more and I cannot believe how beautiful it looks on you. You make it gorgeous that is for sure! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is soooooo pretty! I think you made the right choice with RG. It looks lovely on you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful new addition to your collection! :appl: More close up pics please! :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty! It looks like a little ball of sparkle...perfect!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't take a good shot to save my life. These are with my iPhone during the day.

Thanks for comments everyone.

_1478.jpeg

_1479.jpeg

_1480.jpeg

_1481.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more profile shots

_1482.jpeg

_1483.jpeg

_1484.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry trying a closer up of the profile.

_1485.jpeg

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! And it looks great on you!! I have a similar sized mixed metal pendant and I've gotten a ton of wear out of it. It goes with everything :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did want to mention about the "IF" thing. I confess I do feel kinda cray-cray about getting an IF stone. If I had more to choose from within my budget I wouldn't have forked out the extra for IF. Anything in the VS range would have been great. I've got mind clean issues, but not that badly. The other stone I had to choose from in this color and price range was a J SI2. They said I couldn't see the inclusions, and I am sure they were right, but I couldn't do it. I would have kept thinking, "This is temporary and let me keep checking their stock for the next 12 months." So I bit the bullet and spent the additional $550 and bought myself peace of mind. :D It is cool to have an IF stone. First time for everything.

And it's pretty... :dance:

I feel so girly wearing it...like I'm wearing a sparkly flower... OMG. And funny thing is, this is the first grown up necklace I have ever bought. I do have some silver Tiffany stuff from my 20s, but that stuff doesn't count.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1452506014|3974074 said:
That's really lovely :love: Can we see some profile shots of the setting? I have a diamond pendant the same size that has the chain threaded through the back of the setting, and it flips downwards a lot. I'm thinking of resetting, but don't like bales or bezels.

Hi Alex, hope the close ups help a little. I knew I wanted a stationary setting with minimal flipping. This meets the requirement for me. Yeah, no bails for me either.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FightGravity|1452532928|3974239 said:
So beautiful! And it looks great on you!! I have a similar sized mixed metal pendant and I've gotten a ton of wear out of it. It goes with everything :)

Thank you fightgravity. It does go with everything. I think of it as a neutral.

tyty333 said:
It's so pretty! It looks like a little ball of sparkle...perfect!
Thanks tyty. That's it exactly. A little ball of sparkle.

m-2-b said:
What a wonderful new addition to your collection! :appl: More close up pics please! :wavey:
Thanks m-2-b, wish I had your photography skills. i'm gonna lay off the VCA for a while at least. :D

woofmama said:
That is soooooo pretty! I think you made the right choice with RG. It looks lovely on you!
Thanks woofmama. It is so pretty. I'm not a "pretty" kinda person, but this is a nice change. Glad I went with it.

missy said:
YAY You started a thread on your gorgeous new pendant!!! :love:
I LOVE it on you. It really pops and your metal choice looks amazing against your neck LLJsmom. I could not love it more and I cannot believe how beautiful it looks on you. You make it gorgeous that is for sure! :love:
Thank you missy, especially for all the real time consulting sessions!

gregchang35 said:
nice work!

it looks simple and elegant...
Thanks greg. Yeah, in the end simple is good.

MissGotRocks said:
Oh, that looks gorgeous on you! Love how simple and elegant it looks!

As an aside, I also love the plain band with your ering - beautiful!
Thank you MGR, and about the plain band too. Weird but I honestly feel good to get your stamp of approval. Thank you!!

Jimmianne said:
Thanks Jimmianne!

GeorgieQ said:
That's really beautiful. Love it! :love:
Thanks GeorgieQ!

cloreene

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I loooooove it! I never thought about putting diamonds in a necklace that way but that looks so lovely! :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous, I love the facets. Looks just right in the rose gold chain and very nice on you. I'm seriously considering an AVR so your photos are really helpful!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
That is a really beautiful necklace! I love the rose gold chain and the simple setting, and , of course, the gorgeous diamond :love: This is very similar to the necklace I'm planning of having made this year, though I was going to do platinum. Now you have me thinking that maybe rose gold would be better. You are right that it really makes the diamond pop. That necklace will go with everything from jeans and a t shirt to a lbd, classic and timeless.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, gorgeous. Thanks for the pics - I've made a quick sketch :praise:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1452546093|3974390 said:
That is a really beautiful necklace! I love the rose gold chain and the simple setting, and , of course, the gorgeous diamond :love: This is very similar to the necklace I'm planning of having made this year, though I was going to do platinum. Now you have me thinking that maybe rose gold would be better. You are right that it really makes the diamond pop. That necklace will go with everything from jeans and a t shirt to a lbd, classic and timeless.

Hi picante, not sure if you were able to see. The basket is 14k white and the chain is rose gold. Sorry forgot to mention.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is just lovely- enjoy! I bet you'll wear it every day :love:

How does the setting work for you? Does it stay put with minimal flipping? I have a small bezel pendant and it does not want to face up much of the time- drives me a bit nuts when I see it in the bathroom mirror.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's a S T U N N I N G necklace!! :love:
The stone is so beautiful and the rose gold chain just compliments it perfectly.
Looks way larger than .58 :dance:
It's a beauty.. enjoy!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very pretty!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty :appl: Love the floating look on your neck. Enjoy your lovely new piece :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and necklace! Thanks for sharing.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this! I have a J AVR and yes, the tint seems to fit the AVR's quite nicely.

Hmmmmm...maybe I need a necklace too...I need some rose gold in my life right now.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful necklace! The stone is gorgeous! I really like the setting you chose especially with the rose gold. It looks lovely on you! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results