shape
carat
color
clarity

.58 AVR J IF Rose Gold Pendant

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting! It is secure in a basket yet looks like it is just floating on your neck!

A Jewel of the Week piece for sure!

Glad you posted about it; I spied a word about this last night but didn't say anything thinking for sure you would think I was a stalker - ha! Was pleasantly surprised to see this thread this morning! You know it's all in good fun though and I love seeing your new pieces!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1452564235|3974525 said:
I love that setting! It is secure in a basket yet looks like it is just floating on your neck!

Glad you posted about it; I spied a word about this last night but didn't say anything thinking for sure you would think I was a stalker - ha! Was pleasantly surprised to see this thread this morning! You know it's all in good fun though and I love seeing your new pieces!

I'd be honored if you were stalking me! Lol! It's all good MGR. I kinda regard you as my spiritual bling advisor/mentor. "Teach me your ways..." :bigsmile:

And I want to thank the NIRDIs who encouraged me not to do the normal, conservative safe bezel in white gold or platinum. This rose gold chain was a big risk for me, big risk taker that I am. ;-)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1452576366|3974599 said:
MissGotRocks|1452564235|3974525 said:

I'd be honored if you were stalking me! Lol! It's all good MGR. I kinda regard you as my spiritual bling advisor/mentor. "Teach me your ways..." :bigsmile:

And I want to thank the NIRDIs who encouraged me not to do the normal, conservative safe bezel in white gold or platinum. This rose gold chain was a big risk for me, big risk taker that I am. ;-)

Smart ladies they are - the pendant is perfect in that setting!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back for another eye-full :love:
I love that you went for the IF and the rose gold.

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful and definitely looks larger than .58! I have my .79 diamond from my original engagement ring that I may want to put in a pendent. I was thinking a bezel but I like the look of yours!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty, and love the rose gold! It really pops!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous choice, wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it LLJsmom! :love: :love: :love: The setting is perfect, love the floating effect, it's very elegant and has a really nice presence - looks amazing on you! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJ--I absolutely adore it!! It looks way cool on your neck! & the rose gold, love that you went for it. :appl: The stone is perfect!! Love it!! :love: :love: :love:

I have a OEC I bought from dreamer, an I 1.36 VS, & its on a plain old basket bail. Nothing fancy, just a stock setting. Nice stone.

I'ver always planned on resetting it, & spent most of yesterday buried in all the old BGD Barbara threads. Finally landed on the same old same old plat bezel setting.

After seeing your beauty, now I'm rethinking the decision, the bezel I'm afraid may make the stone too large for casual every day wear. I love the way yours looks!! Egads, what a decision, I've got analysis paralysis, now I have to go back rethink it all over again.

Your choices are perfect!! Congrats! :appl: :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful! The rose gold looks so pretty against your skin, it really gives the illusion of a floating diamond. A perfect size to wear everyday. Enjoy!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Soooo pretty and looks perfect on you!! Love everything about it, especially the rose gold combo.
I have been thinking of a classic diamond pendant for my next purchase and this really helps that decision:)
Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, that is soooo pretty!!!! :love: I absolutely love the rose gold on you! You and I are a lot alike..I can't do low clarity, not a risk taker, and like pretty classic, elegant things! But this really does show how pretty an AVR is in rose gold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1452619948|3974807 said:
LLJ--I absolutely adore it!! It looks way cool on your neck! & the rose gold, love that you went for it. :appl: The stone is perfect!! Love it!! :love: :love: :love:

I have a OEC I bought from dreamer, an I 1.36 VS, & its on a plain old basket bail. Nothing fancy, just a stock setting. Nice stone.

I'ver always planned on resetting it, & spent most of yesterday buried in all the old BGD Barbara threads. Finally landed on the same old same old plat bezel setting.

After seeing your beauty, now I'm rethinking the decision, the bezel I'm afraid may make the stone too large for casual every day wear. I love the way yours looks!! Egads, what a decision, I've got analysis paralysis, now I have to go back rethink it all over again.

Your choices are perfect!! Congrats! :appl: :appl:

Sarah, I think both looks are great, but I want to say that a BG bezel in no way adds enough diameter to make any difference whatsoever in whether a diamond is too big for daily wear. That OEC has to be close in diameter to your studs, so really, you definitely could enhance the size of the pendant a little.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty, LLJsmom! Love the color of the chain, as well. And the stone looks like a beautiful, great performer.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! :love: :love: :love:

BTW, did you remember to ask Jon if it's eye-clean? :whistle: :naughty: :mrgreen: :lol:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Perfection! Something you can wear anywhere and anytime!! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :love:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Fantastic stone and setting!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, for your lovely comments. I am really enjoying it. It is pretty much on 24/7. I wore it to the gym, ran with it. Hoped it wouldn't come flying off. :lol: I am surprised that it looks big enough to me. Isn't that against PS ground rules? Is "big enough" allowed?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1452550650|3974425 said:
Wow, that is just lovely- enjoy! I bet you'll wear it every day :love:

How does the setting work for you? Does it stay put with minimal flipping? I have a small bezel pendant and it does not want to face up much of the time- drives me a bit nuts when I see it in the bathroom mirror.

Hi apacherose, sorry I didn't answer your question. It does not flip, ever. I know cause I check on it now and then. When I exercise, the whole necklace rotates and the diamond ends up on top of my neck, but I don't care. It doesn't flip. Good enough.

For anyone considering it, the basket is white gold. I paid just under $300 for the whole thing, including tax. I live in CA.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1452548288|3974406 said:
picante27|1452546093|3974390 said:
That is a really beautiful necklace! I love the rose gold chain and the simple setting, and , of course, the gorgeous diamond :love: This is very similar to the necklace I'm planning of having made this year, though I was going to do platinum. Now you have me thinking that maybe rose gold would be better. You are right that it really makes the diamond pop. That necklace will go with everything from jeans and a t shirt to a lbd, classic and timeless.

Hi picante, not sure if you were able to see. The basket is 14k white and the chain is rose gold. Sorry forgot to mention.

Thank you for your reply! I did notice the white gold basket, i guess I didn't mention it because i was so fired up about the rose gold chain :twirl:
I am seriously considering doing something similar with am heirloom diamond I have. I was pretty much set on doing a bezel, like others have mentioned doing, but your necklace has changed my mind! It's just a lovely piece and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love: :love: :love: I love the chunky facets! :appl:

Btw what is the little gold pendant you have on? Is it a skull or a theater mask? Where did you get it from? :wavey: :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, LLJSmom, that is a perfect necklace. Can I say, it looks so beautiful on you. If I saw you in person, I would have a hard time trying not to stare at your neck! It really is a little sparkle ball! For myself, I would have said the size would be too small but it is perfect! It could not be lovelier. The rose gold looks beautiful on your skin. Beautiful!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs, its amazing on you, so elegant but just the right amount of flashy too! Not some staid stuffy business at all :lol: The faceting makes me stare, you must be looking at this evety day!! :love: :love: :love: I love me some mixed color metals and boy does the rose gold complement your skn, its great with the stone color too.

Complete home run custom project, keep on rockin' it, LLJs!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1452719273|3975580 said:
Beautiful :love: :love: :love: I love the chunky facets! :appl:

Btw what is the little gold pendant you have on? Is it a skull or a theater mask? Where did you get it from? :wavey: :wavey:

Hi Pinto, that's a Sydney Evans necklace, just a fun little thing I bought before I could commit to a daily forever necklace. It's tiny and has two stations, 15 and 16 inches. It's a skull.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1452738567|3975718 said:
LLJs, its amazing on you, so elegant but just the right amount of flashy too! Not some staid stuffy business at all :lol: The faceting makes me stare, you must be looking at this evety day!! :love: :love: :love: I love me some mixed color metals and boy does the rose gold complement your skn, its great with the stone color too.

Complete home run custom project, keep on rockin' it, LLJs!!!

Thank you AZ. Thanks for convincing me about the rose gold. :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant!... :love:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful everyday necklace :love: . LLjsmom, your eye for detail has really helped you currate an enviable collection! wear in good health

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it!! :love:
//aca :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely on you!!! Really beautiful stone too!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results