shape
carat
color
clarity

.57 F VS2 Verses .51 F VVS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nelmr

Rough_Rock
The diamond is not certified and was cut in russia.
Here''s two diamonds. Thoughts are welcome:

There is not cert.
crown height 7.8 (from sarin machine)
depth 73 (from sarin machine)
table 75 (from sarin machine)
Color F
VS2 (crystal is halfway from center of table to edge about 11 o''clock in the diamond)
4.52 x 4.6 x3.3
Polish/Sym VG

verse....

GIA
Color F
Clarity VVS2 (needle)
crown unknown
table 74
depth 76.5
4.19x4.17x3.19
polish/sym Good

The diamond has more dark areas looking down through the table. The other .51 diamond looks slightly better (has little dark area looking down). They both sparkle about the same. Neither has flouresence. Light return looks slightly better on the .51

Asking 1750 for the .57
Asking 1675 for the .51
What would you say about the quality of the two diamonds. Even though the sym is VG on the .57 it looks more like G

Which diamond is better? Thoughts? Questions?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh my. First, I wouldn't buy uncertified unless it was from a very reliable source. Second, I"M REALLY SORRY...but they are both stinkers....at least on papers, and confirmed by what you have said. The second one looks a little better b/c the table is a little better compared to depth I think. They are way to deep with way too big tables....They will look dark and surely VERY tiny compared to well cut stones! (Sorry, u asked)
sad.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
agree with above comment, pass on both stones. You can do alot better.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I mean this in the nicest way possible- I saw your other princess post..what's up with the cruddy princess cuts? There is a .55 F si1 at GOG that blows these out of the water and it's 1350...which is less than the other one you inquire about!
lickout.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG- that's so funny- brilliant minds think alike!
1.gif

nelmr

Rough_Rock
I've gone to 3 more stores. 1 was shady the other seemed legit. One opened his rap listing right in front of me and said he'd try to get in a princess cut .54-.57 VS1&up D-F ideal cut in for me in next day or 2. prices should be around 2000.

Second store --shady no cert diamonds

Third store-- wholesaler.
Guy came up to desk with welding mask. Nice guy. Said he'd see what he has. Didn't have what I wanted in store. Gave me a big listing from one of his suppliers. I choose three diamonds.

They were all in the .51-.60 range i can't remember. GIA cert. tables around 68-71 and depths around 68-70 with the table being slightly smaller than the depth. VS1s and VVS2s colors were Es and Fs. I can't remember the exact specks for each one but thats the categories they were. One I really liked had all these specs plus a med to thick girdle, the others had slightly thin the slighty thick or thin to slightly thick.

The sheet had the prices he buys them for (ranging from 1200-1500) and said he wants a 25% markup.

Anybody have thoughts? or Questions? Sound like I can get a better diamond than what I've been seeing (tables in the 74&up range with depths in the 74&up ranges, yes I'm the one who's been posting all those princess cut threads)

Thank you all for you help, thoughts, and patience with me.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
hello nelmr

you and I are looking at roughly the same diamond. however I would like a princess between .58-.65. and my price allowance isn't as high as yours...id like to stay below 1600. i have read your other posts as it pertains to roughly the same diamond that I am looking for. what i am curious about is from all the research you have done and spending time on this site why do you insist on getting the stone from a retail store? i am stating the previous statement in curiousity, not in a harsh tone (it is very easy to confuse intentions when typing and the reader may perceive a different emotion than the discusser was intending) i am sure through your research that buying online would give you a larger stone, better specs, and probably as good or even better customer service than retail stores. there is an immense amt of positive reactions to purchasing diamonds online. not to mention the fact that the vendors on here are also highly recommended. i suppose what i am trying to say is i am very confused as to why you would pass up a better diamond online and purchase it at a retail store, sacrificing price, cut, and size? before i close i do wish to mention that in no way am i trying to belittle you or your desires. if you have set parameters for what you want then more power to you and i hope you get the rock that most satisfies YOU. anyway, good luck!!

Jason

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thank you jason. i gave up...
9.gif
sorry nelmr!

nelmr

Rough_Rock
The answers simple. I'd rather look at the diamond in person and I want to buy one in this week. If i buy via the net and realize i don't like the diamond then I have to send it back and wait more. Time is a major issue for me.

nelmr

Rough_Rock
Oh and as far as price is concerned see what you guys can find to top these specs

VVS2
.58 carat
polish VG
Sym GD
table 68.5
depth 68.9
don't remember len/wid but the ratio was 1.02ish
Color E
no flor.
no cul.
$1993

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
hello nelmr

thanks for the reply to my curiousity! i understand your reasoning, however, i must say that i don't agree with it. but everyone is entitled to their own and i cannot chastise you for that. i ran a search on pricescope for some specs you listed and i found some good stones worth checkin out...even though they are e-rings....

0.58 F VVS2 d65.7% t68% GIA vtn-md no ex vg no 4.85*4.84*3.18 $1862 from abazias....i know you had an E for your rock but this looks like it is cut just a lil better and cheaper

also if you go down in clarity you could get a higher color with this stone
0.58 D VS2 66.2% 67% GIA vt-tk no gd gd ft 4.79x4.7x3.11 $1505 from usacerted

anyway i know you are in a time crunch so e ring may not be your best bet but anyway...if you change your mind im sure some of these vendors can acommodate you in your crunch....good luck!!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results