shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 5 years in the making… my upgrade is here!

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been very hesitant to post about my new ring on here. My diamond is not a great cut by PS standards - but I knew that going in. I LOVE the crushed ice look of a shallow pear. I love the little flashes of glitter when the light hits it. And of course - I love that there’s no bow tie! The only thing I DON’T like is that it seems impossible to take a good photo of this little glitter ball. I decided to share my new ring anyway because I think it’s ok to like different things!
Background:

I’m based in the U.K. & my original engagement ring had the biggest diamond in my family - around 0.3ct. We bought it from a store before we knew anything about diamonds. It was plagued by problems - the diamond became loose in the prongs so a jeweller shaved the prongs down & set the diamond deeper making it look really stumpy (not at all elegant), the platinum started to wear very thin on the underside & the pave on the band never sparkled. I also very much disliked the square look of 4 prongs on my small mrb. My personal style had also moved on - I was preferring sleeker, classic designs over milgrain.

When I joined PS in 2017 I spoke longingly about an upgrade. I started getting shooting pains in my ring finger around the same time which got progressively worse. It took 5 painful years to get a diagnosis- a benign glomus tumour under my nail. We were ready to upgrade but as I was booked in for surgery we didn’t know if I would be left deformed so we delayed the upgrade while I saved reels of inspiration photos. In January 2022 I had my operation & thankfully I’m on the road to recovery - my nail has grown back really well. The upgrade was back on!

I had become drawn to pear & ovals during my research. It helps that my fingers are very long & skinny! I decided to work with my cousin’s jeweller & although we went together, my husband has an eye for detail & ended up designing the entire ring. The plan was to wear the new ring with my existing wedding band but it didn’t look right so we opted for new a plain platinum band. Both rings were hand forged in Hatton Garden, London & I’m THRILLED!

The details:

Both size US 2.25 (I have tiny fingers!)

Engagement ring:
Platinum
Pear: 1.01ct, VS1, E Colour
2 baguettes: 0.18tcw, VS2, E colour

Wedding band:
Platinum
1.8mm

It’s by far the biggest in terms of coverage in my social circle but DSS is setting in pretty fast! I’ve only had positive comments so far.

Here are my new beauties.
I’m looking for a name for my new glittery pear - any ideas??

82AC1A1B-178A-4C70-B9C3-F9354418D18E.jpeg

476E7C18-AAA7-4CFD-971A-8AD4C448AEFF.jpeg
38A8A99A-F8EF-498E-9256-8294798CB2D3.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE!

It looks perfect on your hand, @Happytobemrsg! It's clearly very white and the size is elegant yet substantial.

I love the setting! It's a setting that will withstand the whims of fashion and be beautiful down to future generations.

Congratulations on this beauty - and warm wishes that you'll wear it in good health always! :wavey:

And my name suggestion for this classy, timeless beauty is...Renaissance - because she's a new start for a renewed finger!

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a beautiful set. Congratulations on the upgrade and it was well worth the wait. Also really happy to hear that your finger and health is fine now too. We can celebrate good health and the new bauble.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a ride, and I'm so glad your finger is recovered, and even happier to see that you went with what you loved, even if it isn't the general "PS quality".

Pears are one of my favorite shapes, and yours is elegant and oh so lovely on you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Happytobemrsg, I am so glad you have posted your beautiful upgrade - You have mentioned it on other threads and I would have been very disappointed not to see the finished ring!! The diamond and setting are gorgeous! It looks fabulous on your hand :kiss2: Congratulations on getting the ring of your dreams and enjoy all that sparkle!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: It's classic, beautiful and it's yours. It's more than okay to be proud of it.
Don't feel hesitant to show something so beautiful or meaningful. Ever.
PS is a wonderful place, but it isn't the most realistic representation of, well, anywhere. :lol:
Congratulations, you're really lucky! It's perfect.
For a name, how about Glitterata? It's what she does, no?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is gorgeous! Style and diamond! I can see why you fell in love! Pearfection!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love a high-color icy glittery pear, and your new set is so elegant and classy!

When I see your ring, I think of "Elsa" so that's the name that gets my vote :)

KBM

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!! congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and HUGE on your size 2! Wear it in the best health!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I wish I had small hands. It looks enormous on you, you lucky duck! =)2

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your gorgeous upgrade! The pear looks so perfect on your fingers. I vote for Audrey-because the pear looks like a classic, timeless beauty on you:)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been very hesitant to post about my new ring on here. My diamond is not a great cut by PS standards - but I knew that going in. I LOVE the crushed ice look of a shallow pear. I love the little flashes of glitter when the light hits it. And of course - I love that there’s no bow tie! The only thing I DON’T like is that it seems impossible to take a good photo of this little glitter ball. I decided to share my new ring anyway because I think it’s ok to like different things!
Background:

I’m based in the U.K. & my original engagement ring had the biggest diamond in my family - around 0.3ct. We bought it from a store before we knew anything about diamonds. It was plagued by problems - the diamond became loose in the prongs so a jeweller shaved the prongs down & set the diamond deeper making it look really stumpy (not at all elegant), the platinum started to wear very thin on the underside & the pave on the band never sparkled. I also very much disliked the square look of 4 prongs on my small mrb. My personal style had also moved on - I was preferring sleeker, classic designs over milgrain.

When I joined PS in 2017 I spoke longingly about an upgrade. I started getting shooting pains in my ring finger around the same time which got progressively worse. It took 5 painful years to get a diagnosis- a benign glomus tumour under my nail. We were ready to upgrade but as I was booked in for surgery we didn’t know if I would be left deformed so we delayed the upgrade while I saved reels of inspiration photos. In January 2022 I had my operation & thankfully I’m on the road to recovery - my nail has grown back really well. The upgrade was back on!

I had become drawn to pear & ovals during my research. It helps that my fingers are very long & skinny! I decided to work with my cousin’s jeweller & although we went together, my husband has an eye for detail & ended up designing the entire ring. The plan was to wear the new ring with my existing wedding band but it didn’t look right so we opted for new a plain platinum band. Both rings were hand forged in Hatton Garden, London & I’m THRILLED!

The details:

Both size US 2.25 (I have tiny fingers!)

Engagement ring:
Platinum
Pear: 1.01ct, VS1, E Colour
2 baguettes: 0.18tcw, VS2, E colour

Wedding band:
Platinum
1.8mm

It’s by far the biggest in terms of coverage in my social circle but DSS is setting in pretty fast! I’ve only had positive comments so far.

Here are my new beauties.
I’m looking for a name for my new glittery pear - any ideas??

82AC1A1B-178A-4C70-B9C3-F9354418D18E.jpeg

476E7C18-AAA7-4CFD-971A-8AD4C448AEFF.jpeg
38A8A99A-F8EF-498E-9256-8294798CB2D3.jpeg

Congrats. They look beautiful on you. 2.25 size ring finger? Lucky gal!! Wow!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely and looks perfectly proportioned on your dainty fingers.

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are classic and beautiful and it's great that you are healing well!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a story and adventure but wow! A happy ending with your beautiful new rings. So glad you found this diamond that makes your heart happy! That is really what it is all about - having those pieces that just make you smile and feel happy! Best wishes for many years of happiness - thanks so much for sharing these with us!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a story and adventure but wow! A happy ending with your beautiful new rings. So glad you found this diamond that makes your heart happy! That is really what it is all about - having those pieces that just make you smile and feel happy! Best wishes for many years of happiness - thanks so much for sharing these with us!

+ a billion.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely beautiful. Love it!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring & beautiful hands!

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! So glad for this supportive community :kiss2:

Loving the names Renaissance, Elsa, Glitterata & Audrey… we had a song played from the Breakfast At Tiffany movie at our wedding so Audrey sounds like a perfect fit!

LOVE!

It looks perfect on your hand, @Happytobemrsg! It's clearly very white and the size is elegant yet substantial.

I love the setting! It's a setting that will withstand the whims of fashion and be beautiful down to future generations.

Congratulations on this beauty - and warm wishes that you'll wear it in good health always! :wavey:

And my name suggestion for this classy, timeless beauty is...Renaissance - because she's a new start for a renewed finger!
Thanks so much! That’s exactly what I hope this can become - an heirloom! It feels much more timeless & substantial that my first set. I’m in love <3

@Happytobemrsg, I am so glad you have posted your beautiful upgrade - You have mentioned it on other threads and I would have been very disappointed not to see the finished ring!! The diamond and setting are gorgeous! It looks fabulous on your hand :kiss2: Congratulations on getting the ring of your dreams and enjoy all that sparkle!
It took me a few days to work up the courage knowing it wasn’t the stone usually recommended on here! But in the end I love her & I think she deserves to be shown off a little!

Thank you so much! I be was very grateful but also very nervous about the surgery so I’m happy it’s worked out & finished with a lovely ring at the end of it

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a happy ending! So glad that the surgery was successful and that you got the ring of your dreams to enjoy for many years to come!! Congrats!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely. The epitome of elegance and femininity.
You wear it well, enjoy !

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful hands you have and that gorgeous pear looks like 3 carats!!
When you have meaty size 8 fingers like me you can only sigh.
I think Audrey, as in Audrey Hepburn.
Beautiful, elegant and timeless.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo beautiful! Icy glittery and lovely!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you!! Relieved to hear that your surgery went well, and thrilled for you to own such a stunning ring. Big congrats!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Looks beautiful on!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!

Call it… Glitter Pear.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Great job!:clap::clap::clap:
Elegant and timeless!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and wish you much health and happiness with this gorgeous new bling to enjoy!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. PS standards are a little arbitrary when it comes to fancy cuts, so you’re all good. You love it, truly all that matters.

White as the driver snow and looks so well proportioned to your hand.

Names….? Pera… It’s pear in Spanish - jumped into my mind for no particular reason.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results