shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone Vatche...Flyer ... any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone - I am searching for the perfect 5 stone setting - I am putting a 2.0ct RB in the center and wanted something like the Vatche or the Martin Flyer...but I have a few questions/concerns for the experts out there...I want something low like the Vatche (but I fear the swooshing of the V setting may to too trendy)...I like the Flyer - but I don''t think the sides are big enough (approx. .25 and .40 - 2 of each) nor does it present a smooth arch like the Vatche. I do want it stepped,cascading - but very evenly not a sharp transition like the Flyer (it almost liiks like the sides are very low w/ the center sticking up)...this is not an e-ring, so I''m not concerned w/ matching something up next to it...any ideas???
1 - any suggestions for settings I should look at?
2 - what size sides should I be looking for - in mm - to get the best WOW factor, but not wash out the center stone?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Ice

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The size of the sides really is about the ratio of the diameters of these stones: I went through this on ANOTHER thread. Of course, your center would be a 2ct, not 1.5, but the look and the ratio would be the same. Of course, you can model this using the same applet at adimondsisforever.com.

For five stones, the options would be somewhat different though: do you want them all of the same size or graduated? I guess it could be great to start with the desired ratio between the center and the two stones nearby and then think of the other, outer ones. After all, if you like some larger side stones best, it may not be feasible to add four of the same size.

Recenty there was a post about a 5 stone ring (large center and four graduated sides) made by GOG. I can't find the post here, but it could also bee on GOG's site.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I meant...

xxxxx.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results