shape
carat
color
clarity

5 Stone Trellis

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Would like to get a 5 stone for my mom's birthday next month. I have seen the beautiful trellis ones done by WF and BGD. Does anyone know if ID Jewelry makes one? I don't see one on their website, but it doesn't mean they can't...figured a PScoper may have one!

Thinking of doing 0.25 ct each stones for a size 4.75 finger. Are there advantages/disadvantages of common-prong vs U-prong vs trellis or is it just purely a matter of style-preference. Do they look different head-on or is it only a different profile?

Thanks in advance.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsM|1305490180|2922493 said:
Hi,

Would like to get a 5 stone for my mom's birthday next month. I have seen the beautiful trellis ones done by WF and BGD. Does anyone know if ID Jewelry makes one? I don't see one on their website, but it doesn't mean they can't...figured a PScoper may have one!

Thinking of doing 0.25 ct each stones for a size 4.75 finger. Are there advantages/disadvantages of common-prong vs U-prong vs trellis or is it just purely a matter of style-preference. Do they look different head-on or is it only a different profile?

Thanks in advance.
U prongs are much easier to clean.my wife's 5 stone with basket setting is PITA to clean.
here's a pic of her 5 stone .25ct ea on a size 4.75 ring.

DSCN1792.JPG

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Didn't think about the cleaning aspect. Thanks, Dancing Fire. Lovely ring...what vendor did you get it from? Do you happen to have a link with a handshot so I can get a real life perspective?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsM|1305516587|2922781 said:
Didn't think about the cleaning aspect. Thanks, Dancing Fire. Lovely ring...what vendor did you get it from? Do you happen to have a link with a handshot so I can get a real life perspective?
from Whiteflash...ring size 4.75

I 1.15ct.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I asked ID about a trellis 5 stone this summer and they said they would have to order it from dVatche. I can't remember the exect price off the top of my head, but it was a little more than WF or BDG if I remember correctly.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! After spending last night searching through all the old posts on 5-stone rings, I decided to go with ID Jewelry and get a mounting like Bliss'. Also with IDJ great prices, am going to 30 points! Will post pics after I receive the ring...am so excited! (BTW: IDJ did have a trellis but it looked a little too "chunky" for the lack of a better word.)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bliss's setting is my favorite ID 5stone setting. I love it. I almost got one like that (ended up getting an antique 5 stone) and it was soooo comfy and gorgeous!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
@Bella mezzo: I've seen photos of your antique cut 5-stone. Absolutely love it...I'm a huge fan of old stones! Next purchase for myself is going to be a OEC for a RHR.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
So excited...just got an email from Luann and my mom's 5-stone ring is ready to be shipped! Unfortunately, with the Memorial Day weekend, I am going to have them hold off on shipping until Tuesday, but I will post as soon as I get the ring. Cannot believe they made it in less than 2 weeks!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MrsM- I am contemplating a 5 stone from IDJ as well! What setting did you go with? Did they have a trellis option? Photos PLEASE :bigsmile:

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
No, they did not have a Trellis setting that I liked. I went with a low-mount shared prong setting like the one Bliss had. Will post photos next week when I get the ring!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.