shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring question

sspp08

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring is a 2.06 RB solitaire. For a wedding band I’m looking at a 5 stone RB diamond ring. I’d like the band to compliment the ering and not overpower it. Plus at the same time I would like to wear that band on my right finger as a standalone ring.

What do you suggest? 20 or 30 pts each?
How many points to go with ering?
how many points to go without ering?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Would you be open to having a 7 stone at say 15 pointers or 1ctw? I think that would complement your engagement ring without overpowering it and could easily be worn on its own. Maybe a 5 stone at 1ctw or 20 pointers might be around 4mm half the size of your engagement ring. I would not personally go the 30 pointers.

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Yeah am open to any suggestions right now that will not overpower my ering, plus at the same time I would like to wear it solo on some days and I don't want it to look tiny.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some threads you might find useful and depends on your finger size too.

I'm currently making a 7 stone that's 1.93ctw and that's going to be way too big to wear with my engagement ring.

This will give you an idea of proportions:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my 2.1 ct solitaire next to a 1.22 ctw 7 stone ring (each stone about .17) to give you an idea of size, if that helps. The rings are both size 6.
IMG_3185.JPG

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Here are some threads you might find useful and depends on your finger size too.

I'm currently making a 7 stone that's 1.93ctw and that's going to be way too big to wear with my engagement ring.

This will give you an idea of proportions:

thanks for all those links. Looking at all those links doesn't look I am the only one who is in dilemma as to what to buy :)

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Here is my 2.1 ct solitaire next to a 1.22 ctw 7 stone ring (each stone about .17) to give you an idea of size, if that helps. The rings are both size 6.
IMG_3185.JPG

beautiful set. Love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results