shape
carat
color
clarity

Is 5 stone too big for solitaire?

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hubby got me a 5 stone for our 10th anniversary. Just wondering if I can get your opinion on it? I love it but ...is it too blingy to wear with my solitaire? View attachment 773132 MVIMG_20200815_094454.jpg

It is gorgeous!!! I had that exact combination and found that it did detract from my 1.40 solitaire but it is really up to you. If you love it, wear it with your solitaire! Otherwise, just wear it when you don't want to wear your solitaire or wear it on your right hand. What size is your ering?

msvuong

Rough_Rock
It is gorgeous!!! I had that exact combination and found that it did detract from my 1.40 solitaire but it is really up to you. If you love it, wear it with your solitaire! Otherwise, just wear it when you don't want to wear your solitaire or wear it on your right hand. What size is your ering?

The solitaire is 1.21 carats

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby got me a 5 stone for our 10th anniversary. Just wondering if I can get your opinion on it? I love it but ...is it too blingy to wear with my solitaire? View attachment 773132 MVIMG_20200815_094454.jpg

This is a personal choice.
You have to decide if this is “too much” for every day wear.
I like the combo, but I don’t know your occupation, and what other pieces of jewelry you wear all the time.
If you think it overpowers your ER, you could definitely get away with wearing it on your right hand, as an all day wear piece.

H

Horsegirl76

I love a blingy band with a solitaire (a few of us on here do!) but it’s really about personal preference. If you think it’s too much and you have an original wedding band you can stick with that and move the five stone to a RHR. You can’t lose either way. Gorgeous rings!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect to me, I don’t think it overpowers your solitaire at all!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful to me & perfect together! Post lots more pics please

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a general rule, I'd never do a band that was more than half the ctw of the solitaire you want to wear with it. Preferably more like 1/3. So - for a 1.2ct soli, I wouldn't go above .6ctw for the band at most - and preferably closer to .4ctw.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with @mrs-b . I had a similar dilemma with my previous e-ring diamond, which was 1.85ct. I purchased a 1ctw 5 stone band and found it too overpowering for my e-ring and detracted from in rather than complimenting it. I ultimately went with a .84ctw 7 stone band (the bottom one in my avatar) and found the look to be much more cohesive. I think it even works perfectly with my 2.73ct upgraded e-ring diamond. However, for a stand alone band the 1ctw 5 stone band is a great size.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I like it but might add a spacer band and see another angle...I would consider the height of the band with the band on your solitaire. it is all personal taste though. My suggestion is to wear it a little while to know, especially if you are on the fence.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like the blingy look you’ve got it.The five stone is very pretty but to make it less “look at me!” Next to your ering, the setting should be lower. Just a preference thing.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m all about wearing what gives you joy, so rock those rings together if you want! Since you asked the question to the forum, in the photo I think it drowns out your solitaire.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear it if I were in a particularly blingy mood BUT you need to make sure the girdles of the diamond band aren't "eating" into your solitaire prongs. You might need a spacer to wear this safely.
Yup, or else you need a spacer ring.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think it’s overwhelming. I kinda like it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually LOVE the look! Your stunning solitaire is gorgeous and huge enough to hold it's own!

ls430FL

Rough_Rock
I don't think its too much at all. I have a 2.56ct pear solitare and I wear a a slightly over 4ct eternity band with 20 pointers stacked next to it. I love it.

msvuong

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the feedback. MVIMG_20200815_102955.jpg
I added a spacer inbtwn just in case. Comments were really helpful :)

I've decided to wear the band mostly on my right hand. I had a feeling it might have over powered my solitaire. Everyone here is so sweet thanks again!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby got me a 5 stone for our 10th anniversary. Just wondering if I can get your opinion on it? I love it but ...is it too blingy to wear with my solitaire? MVIMG_20200815_094454.jpg

holy cow that's sparkly !
what a beautiful and impressive combo

why don't you mix it up if your unsure and need time to get used to your new look
somedays you could wear it on the other hand or put a plain band between them and other days just rock it like you are in the photo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results