shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring- project

honor

Rough_Rock
hello,
So instead of resetting my e-ring [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-setting-advice.219430/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-setting-advice.219430/[/URL] I am channeling my attention and energy on a new project, A five stone diamond band

I have bought a 5 stone ring, the specs are :
5 diamonds
color: G-H
cut: round ideal
clarity: VS1
diameter: 3.7mm each
I will be just using the stones and selling back the gold.

I'm thinking that I might have them set into a trellis setting - I really like Brian Gavin's 5 stone trellis II http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/five-stone-trellis-band-ii-18k-white-gold-5400w18

I have not received the stones yet but is there anything I should be thinking about as I prepare to see this project through? For those who have seen this setting in person, would you consider this setting a low setting (hope so)? Do you think the stones are large enough to work in this setting? thank you for any advice you might have:)

_36374.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was the total diamond weight of that band? About 1 carat? I think set in the trellis, the stones may not quite give as much finger coverage, but it should work. What size is your finger?

honor

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006,

I'm actually a little concern that the trellis will be too much ring for such small diamonds. I think that maybe a 4 prong( each diamond gets 4 prongs) might be a better way to go and will add a little extra spread to them so it covers my finger.
My finger is a size 5.5 , actually its more of a 5.25 or even 5 but I have a big knuckle.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE that setting! I thought about resetting my 5 stone into that very setting, but I decided to keep the original since it's vintage/antique. I think it does look pretty low-set, which is one of the reasons I like it. I would ask BGD about the size of the stones in that setting, maybe they even have images of similar size stones in that same setting? Perhaps they could customize the setting somewhat to be more what you envision.

honor

Rough_Rock
rubybeth|1455200969|3989716 said:
I absolutely LOVE that setting! I thought about resetting my 5 stone into that very setting, but I decided to keep the original since it's vintage/antique. I think it does look pretty low-set, which is one of the reasons I like it. I would ask BGD about the size of the stones in that setting, maybe they even have images of similar size stones in that same setting? Perhaps they could customize the setting somewhat to be more what you envision.

Rubybeth, I love the trellis setting so much, its so elegant. I reached out to BGD and they said they could do it with that size diamond but Im just wondering if there is a better solution. All the trellis 5 stone rings on periscope all seem to be .25 and up so I haven't really seen an example of this ring with smaller stones. I wonder if a customization would increase the price?

Is anyone aware of any threads that have discuss settings and the smaller diamond 5 stone design? any other, maybe less known, styles of settings out there that would better suit this project. or even feedback that I could give BGD to customize the trellis to work.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My preference is the classic Tiffany basket setting (which is set low). My ring size is about the same as yours. I might consider adding two stones and making it a 7 stone to be sure it covers the whole top of your finger and curves around the sides.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results