shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring help

galatie

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

Well, I was last on here in 2012, with the great advice from this board, I selected a 2.26 solitaire engagement ring from Whiteflash, and a Tiffany's seven prong wedding bang in .56 carats.

Time has passed, and my husband and I are expecting our first baby in October. :appl:

As a push present, I wanted to get a 5 stone diamond ring to wear on my right hand. Can someone please give advise on:

1. nice settings to choose from? Brian Galvin's 5 prong U prong ring has been suggested to me?
2. what sizes and colors for the individual stones should I be considering? I am thinking maybe F colour, VS clarity, but not sure about the size?
3. will 5 stones be enough finger coverage? I wear a 4.5 ring size.

Many thanks!!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Have you gone thru the five stone ring thread?
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-5-stone-ring-thread.134007/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-5-stone-ring-thread.134007/[/URL]

I am having a 1.75ct classic u-prong made right now at BGD. My diamonds are H-I VS2 AGS0. .34-.35ct. I wear a 7.25 ring.
I was reassured by the BGD team that it will be a great amount of finger coverage.
With your tiny finger I think you could easily do .30ct diamonds.

I had a very hard time choosing my setting! It took my months to make up my mind. I recommend looking thru the threads here and trying some rings on at a local jeweler. I went to Jareds just to see how I liked the setting styles IRL. Of course they were crap compared to BGD but at least it gave me an idea of u-prong versus basket.

galatie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

Can you please let me know what the visual difference is between a U prong and basket setting?

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I think you would be happy with the Trellis setting, it's very pretty and with such a small finger the coverage would be great.

_17778.jpg

u-prong.jpg

trellis_ii.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results