shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone EC complete, maybe!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, Emeraldsaremyfavorite, I just read your entire post. I'm sorry that I wasn't here for you these last two weeks and so sorry you had to go through what you've endured.
I agree that the traps need to be a bit less tall and I immediately noticed the difference in the height of the EC-his prototype was definitely set higher- and his traps, in addition to being lower, might be slightly more angled down. Someone said here and I agree, that because your stone is slightly longer than his, he needed to compensate by adjusting the proportions which he didn't do. He couldn't make your ring exactly like the other one because your EC is not exactly the same as his.
I'm sure that he will redo your ring and adjust wherever it's necessary to achieve the look you're going for. I think you were right to insist on getting the ring you were expecting and you shouldn't for a minute feel badly about that! It's certainly not your fault! I'm sure he wants you to be happy with your ring.
Your ring, your stone, the whole thing will be GORGEOUS! You've been waiting a long time for this and you'll get what you wanted! This will all be behind you and you'll be wearing that beautiful stone before you know it! :kiss2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling You don’t have to be sorry you have been off Pricescope, that’s a good sign! You’ve gotten your beautiful ring and are happy:) Thank you for the input as always, I am really hoping this next time around we get the proportions right and I am happy with the outcome. It’s hard, seeing yours actually makes me have some regrets I didn’t just wait and go bigger in size. Several Pricescopers suggested I wait for a 5 carat, but I knew that would be a while and I just couldn’t max out my budget at this point. So I will enjoy this beautiful stone for now and maybe just one day I can get up in carat size. I feel absolutely ridiculous saying this, only on this site can I ever share this, ha!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Ok- that makes sense! I think that is enough diff for it to be noticeable! Good for you. Please don’t settle. It’s a huge investment- but most importantly - something each person needs to love themselves! Can’t wait to hear what you do. Lots log love and luck. Xoxo

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite, I've been following this thread, and I feel confident MB will make this perfect for you! Before I stumbled upon PS, his site was my FAVORITE... I was obsessed with him - he has some really pretty pieces, for sure! Can't wait to see the final version!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, how are you doing? Is anything new? Have you made any progress with your beautiful ring? Thinking of you and hoping that your second version is in process and getting a fantastic tune-up! :) <3

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9B283109-DCD6-4E84-9D4F-45033B6BD7E0.png Hi @Blingalingaling I love hearing from you! And your recent pictures of Lara, just breathtaking. I have no updates from Mark yet, I left the ring with him last Saturday and he gave me an approximate date of 2 to 3 weeks. I’m really hoping this time around I am not disappointed, I put so much time and effort into finding the stone and just want it to look great with a new setting. I keep kicking myself for not going with my dream ring, I will attach it, but I really think I needed to go bigger in size if I wanted to achieve this look. It’s Jean Dousset, of course, and it’s 6ct. My ultimate dream would be 5 carats on my size 4 finger, again I can’t even believe I’m talking like this! Crazy person here, lol. EB85972D-D306-4AA4-A700-442DA13093C9.png And my guess is this Emerald cut is a ratio of 1:26 or below. So I just couldn’t do it with my current stone and achieve this look.

Last edited:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the sweet compliments on my ring and the photos! I love taking pictures with my iPhone! Half of my pictures are of my family and the other half are of diamond rings - obsessed, I know!! :)
So, I was looking at the photos you posted above, and I think the stone might be a 1:30 ratio, because when I compared it to some of my photos, the size and shape look kind of close. And if it's not a 1:30, you can still get that feeling from your stone. You just need to tweak the other proportions and I think MB will do that.
I never mentioned this to you before, because I wanted that "Dorit-look", at first I was looking at squarer looking EC's and Asschers - but Asschers of the millimeter size I wanted became way too pricey because of their depth. I was looking to get a 10mm x 10mm spread, or so, (that's what I was thinking hers had to be, at the very least). So, I ended up focusing once again on emerald cuts, but this time I thought I'd try to find one that was very fat and short. But once I saw them in person, I felt that the short, fat emerald cuts looked too small on my hand to make the purchase worthwhile. My original EC was a 1:40 ratio, so I tried to find something wider and fatter than that, but not too squat.
I still think you did the right thing, considering all the factors you were working with at the time of your purchase. Don't regret your decision! I think this reiteration of the setting will be gorgeous! Your choice of the 1:30 ratio is a perfect one - not too elongated and not too squat. You can trust your instincts - they are sound! :)
There were legitimate reasons why you chose the stone you did and you didn't want to do the "Eva" ring if it wasn't going to give you that "WOW" factor. I think you chose wisely, and I'm really excited and happy for you to see how your new setting will come out! :)

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling I think Mark is going to really scale down the traps and bullets..: hopefully giving me the look I want. I need my EC to stand out! I really do like the inspiration ring if we can nail it. Also... setting the EC quite a bit higher, like the inspiration, so hopefully that helps as well. I don’t think mine could quite stand alone with just baguettes and give me the look I want. I want the Jean Dousset 6ct look! Maybe one day, but probably not;)2 my husband already thinks this is ridiculous. I live in so cal and I still have one of the largest diamonds in my circle of friends so need to just be content already! This is the only place I can come to and complain about ridiculous things! Do you watch OC housewives? I have so much juice on all of them, another important topic...lol!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! I do watch the OC! I'm up to date on this season! I also listen to Radio Andy and I enjoy Amy Phillips' "Reality Checked" recaps! I'm a total Bravo fan!
I love California! I would live there in a heartbeat if I could! Maybe someday we will! My daughter lives in LA, so we visit often! I've been to Orange County (it's so beautiful!!) and have traveled to many places in the state. We were just in Napa at the end of August. And we've been to Palm Springs a bunch of times! I loved driving down the PCH from San Fran to LA!
Last year, we had dinner at The Ivy and sat next to Lisa Vanderpump and Ken Todd who was holding Giggy on his lap!!! I felt like I had walked into my television set-it was so surreal! They were very nice and we said hello!
I have friends at work who know people who know Gina, the new girl on the OC, because they live near her mom on Long Island!
I saw Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper last February when they did their show in NYC. Several Bravolebrities were there. I was standing right behind Melissa and Joe Gorga (from N.J.)! Boy, when I put this down all in one place, I sound like such a geek! But I really do love it all!
Oh, and I once was going through security at an airport (I forget where) and I was right behind Vicki Gunvalson! I excitedly told my husband and he said, "Who???"
You have juice on the OC?!? Lol! To quote Andy, "you can spill the tea and I'm listening!":twisted2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling I’m a huge Bravo fan, and watch all the housewives! It’s definitely my guilty pleasure, I can put my feet up and watch mindless TV, and lust after all the fashion and jewelry. You sure have seen your fair share of the reality stars! I’m always eager to see if they look good in person, ha! So Tamra was my sister’s direct neighbor and Alexis Bellino lived two doors down from my parents. I will just say things aren’t always what they appear! And several others have kids in school with some of my friend’s children. And I love Andy Cohen, he cracks me up!

It’s funny, I love Southern California, but whenever I watch the New York housewives I envy the city life and the seasons. I never experienced that and wish I would have gone to a big city after college. I will have to live vicariously through my daughter:)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite, hi! So, my daughter is in from L.A. for the weekend and we are headed to meet her and her boyfriend for dinner. I don't get to see her as much as I'd like to! And I also live vicariously through her, because I went to a commuter college (didn't get to go away to school) and have lived my entire life on a postage stamp (with a little travel here and there!). My daughter, thankfully, is afraid of nothing and follows her dreams! I guess at least I did my job right! Lol! I'm sure you feel the same about your daughter!
I got a real thrill reading about your rubbing elbows with some of the ladies of the OC! Wow! That's not even six degrees of separation! I hear that Tamra is already moving from the new house she and Eddie just moved to! It'll be interesting to see where they go from here!
So, I wanted to tell you to please, please, please don't feel badly about your choice of EC! You did well!! I hope now that you saw MrsKBP's spectacular ring, THAT IS YOUR RING'S TWIN (!!!) you're feeling much differently - MUCH BETTER, I HOPE(!!!) - than you did a few days ago!!! Here's counting down the days till we see your second iteration!!! I just know it's going to be To Die For!!! :appl:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter!! Mine is only 4, she is my youngest, so I have some years to go before I start living vicariously through her:lol: Thank you for the words of encouragement, I must be really worried about it because I have had a couple dreams the last few nights about the whole process. The first was Mark cut my diamond to be more rectangular! The second... the traps came back the same and I felt stuck. So it must be really bugging me subconsciously. In a way I wish I had gone for a more simple setting, wouldn’t have been as hard to replicate. But again, I think I would have had to gone up to 5-6ct to achieve the look. I found a video of Jean Dousset’s 6ct dream ring!! I will attach. I am going to email Mark at the end of the week to check in.

Are you wearing your ring more? I think you should wear it everyday! It is way too pretty to sit in a box. I tell myself I have to wear my rings before my hands really go, I’m 42 so have some time:)

Yes, Tamra is moving. She bought the house from a friend and thought it had a bad vibe. She broke her foot and all of her husband’s problems.., she felt she had to move. I think she really will stay in the area or go up to the heart of the OC Newport Beach! Keep you updated!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhjEOVvAJPm/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results