shape
carat
color
clarity

5 pieces of timeless jewellry every girl need.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lady_yuki

Rough_Rock

Hello,

Thank yu for warm welcome to the forum. i very proud to be member here.

I read very interesting article in my weekend newspaper in the fashion colum. I keep piece and i will type it here for my firends.

I think this is interesting topic.

THE QUESTION IS WHAT 5 PIECES OF DIAMOND JEWELLERY DOES EVERY GIRL NEED? I think ideally every girl need 1) E RING, 2) right hand ring, 3) Diamond stud earring, 4) Diamond pendant neck lace, 5) Diamond Bracelet.

FROM THE WEEKEND AUSTRALIAN - The weekend Australian Magazine July 9/10 2005 - Style Mistress Caroline Mead

Q) Which five pieces of timeless jewellery should i aim to acquire in my lifetime?

This is very much a matter of personal taste, budget and lifestyle. But, since you asked, I''ll give you my quite firm views on the subject.

WATCH: Understated is best, preferably from one of the classic brands like Cartier, Longines or Rolex. A watch is worn every day, so the cost per wear is negligible.

SINGLE STRING OF PEARLS: Pearls reflect subtle light onto your skin, which is very flattering. Wear them with anything and everything. The skins natural oils prevent them from yellowing.

SIGNATURE EARRINGS: Take into consideration the shape of your face and length of your hair. Be they diamond studs or Victorian drop earrings, make them special and wear them often.

HERMES ENAMEL BANGLE: They''re fresh and modern; there''s a pattern to suit your taste and a width to match your budget.

ANTIQUE SOMETHING: Be it a pendant, brooch or braclet, aim to find a colklectable piece with some history. You''re unlikely to see another and when complimented on it, you''ll have a tale to tell.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a great list, thanks for sharing! :)

Personally, I might swap the Hermes bangle for a diamond tennis bracelet.

Makes me think again about a luxury watch...

Anne

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I like the diamond list best...and I have all of those things except a diamond pendant (I wear a mother/child pendant every day and never take it off, so likely won''t look for one.

But I think the second list is odd. I just don''t see those bangles as being a "necessary" item...I think they look cheap. Maybe I''m just not a Hermes kind of girl???

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/17/2008 10:01:41 PM
Author: vslover
I like the diamond list best...and I have all of those things except a diamond pendant (I wear a mother/child pendant every day and never take it off, so likely won''t look for one.

But I think the second list is odd. I just don''t see those bangles as being a ''necessary'' item...I think they look cheap. Maybe I''m just not a Hermes kind of girl???

Me neither, then, I guess - I love bracelets, but I can think of a good many pieces that would be more day-to-day wearable than a Hermes bangle! Those seem very trendy to me ... and there''s something a tad product-placement-y about specifying the brand rather than just the style. Eeeeeeeeeenteresting - thanks for sharing the list, Lady_Yuki!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aside from an e ring and wedding band?

I think

1. diamond solitaire pendant
2. diamond studs
3. diamond line bracelet
4. diamond hoops
5. nice watch for day, stainless, with or without some diamonds.

I also think a good strand of pearls, bangles (diamond and just gold, in yellow and white), a good pair of chandelier earrings, white gold hoops, yellow gold hoops and a dressy watch (non stainless, white or yellow gold with diamonds)

With that wardrobe of things you pretty much do it all!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We aren''t allowed to mention pearls here, so just a reminder.....

That said:

Beyond the diamond ering and wedding band:

Diamond studs
Diamond necklace, solitaire or other
Diamond bracelet, could be a line bracelet or a bangle
Diamond hoops
Diamond watch, doesn''t have to be high end.....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought we can mention them...section 2 B, but it says in designated areas...not sure what those are!

FYI: I own five of those Hermes bangles and they do NOT look cheap. They add color to an outfit. I have the solid wide click clack H bangle in the palladium finish. If I do not feel like wearing something expensive, I throw one on. I have black, white, rouge hermes, turquoise and teal blue. I get loads of compliments on them.

I do not buy cheap things and I have nice taste. They are some of my favorite fun bracelets.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everything on that list except for the Hermes bracelet! Were they paying the columnist? A classic piece, to me, doesn''t have to have a brand name.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I did my duty to fulfill this ideal today...I bought two Longines watches and did find them to be beautiful and classic (as well as being reasonably priced).
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool list but I would swap out the watch for a nice gemstone RHR.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Hermes bangles are not cheap and are certainly pretty, but I wouldn''t call them timeless.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/17/2008 11:34:54 PM
Author: diamondfan
FYI: I own five of those Hermes bangles and they do NOT look cheap. They add color to an outfit. I have the solid wide click clack H bangle in the palladium finish. If I do not feel like wearing something expensive, I throw one on. I have black, white, rouge hermes, turquoise and teal blue. I get loads of compliments on them.

Oh, I think they''re gorgeous, luxurious pieces (who can say no to Hermes?), but I''d put them in the category of delightful personal style pieces rather than ... necessities, insofar as jewelry can ever be a necessity.* Did not mean to offend!

Me, I''d say the must-haves would be ....

1) At least one significant ring - e-ring or w-band, class ring or heirloom, but something the wearer can
see as a marker of their own style.

2) A pair of studs, diamond or otherwise.

3) A pair of plain hoops.

4) A pair of sparkly hoops.

5) Definitely a good watch! I''ve had my utilitarian Tag since I was 15, and while I may be branching out now, I never once felt underdressed with that thing on.

6) A quality chain - whatever pendant you adorn it with will be a little more special because of it.

7) A link bracelet, charms optional.

Aaaaaaaaand, obviously, I have poor impulse control, as I can''t seem to hold myself to 5.
41.gif

*Who am I kidding here? Everyone here knows better ....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 11:52:21 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, I did my duty to fulfill this ideal today...I bought two Longines watches and did find them to be beautiful and classic (as well as being reasonably priced).
9.gif
DS!! two!! I''m so jealous of you -do you have pics to share?
I currently wear a Michael Kors watch which I love to death and get comments all the time, but my next jewelery purchase will definately be a "grown up" watch..hmmm it is my b''day coming up
9.gif

....goes off to drop hints to Fi
11.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 10:11:40 PM
Author: Circe

I like the diamond list best...and I have all of those things except a diamond pendant (I wear a mother/child pendant every day and never take it off, so likely won't look for one.

But I think the second list is odd. I just don't see those bangles as being a 'necessary' item...I think they look cheap. Maybe I'm just not a Hermes kind of girl???

Me neither, then, I guess - I love bracelets, but I can think of a good many pieces that would be more day-to-day wearable than a Hermes bangle! Those seem very trendy to me ... and there's something a tad product-placement-y about specifying the brand rather than just the style. Eeeeeeeeeenteresting - thanks for sharing the list, Lady_Yuki!
I like the bangles and wouldn't say no to one! But I have a feeling the list is influenced by the fact it seems to be published in 2005? probably the "thing of the time".
I agree there are other things I would view as "essential" before a Hermes cuff, but they are cute.
I like the list, but agree that the diamond one is alot more covetable! (of course, this is PS after all lol!)
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree they are not a priority or necessity in ones jewelry wardrobe. I just own them and have never been accused of having cheap taste. I do pull them out a lot and have really gotten a lot of wear out of them. I also love the Tory Burch Moroccan cuffs, again totally not serious real stuff, but fun.

I have these diamond bangles, thin, in rose, yellow and white gold. I have three in each color and I stack them and love them, but they are not really expensive or fancy.

I think that some things can be just fun, but in building a nice collection, there are some must haves.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 12:13:59 AM
Author: diamondfan
I totally agree they are not a priority or necessity in ones jewelry wardrobe. I just own them and have never been accused of having cheap taste. I do pull them out a lot and have really gotten a lot of wear out of them. I also love the Tory Burch Moroccan cuffs, again totally not serious real stuff, but fun.

I have these diamond bangles, thin, in rose, yellow and white gold. I have three in each color and I stack them and love them, but they are not really expensive or fancy.

I think that some things can be just fun, but in building a nice collection, there are some must haves.
DF - I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure of seeing hermes stuff in person (no store here). However, it is one of my coveted brands whenever flipping through magazines! A little off topic, but I reaaally want an Hermes scarf - tdf.
I'm sure you're bangles look fab and I doubt vslover intended to offend - we know by your gorgeous choices in jewelery that you have lovely taste!
5.gif

btw, where are the pics of these lovely diamond bangles girl ...(taps foot and puts hand on hip..)
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so behind on getting a shoot done. I confess I really need Lisa, who is swamped at the moment, as I take terrible bling photos. Hopefully we will get it together.

The bangles I mentioned above are not diamond, just gold. I do have some nice diamond ones that I love to stack too.

Hermes has great stuff. I am not at all a scarf person, but I would wear one as a belt with their belt ring and I have seen them tied on bags and they look amazing. The bangles are simple, clean and add a touch of color for not a ton of money. I am happy I got them, but certainly do not think everyone needs one in their jewelry collection.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
5 PIECES THAT ARE TIMELESS CLASSIC.

1-Diamond stud earrings
2- 16 or 18 inch quality neckchain with solitaire diamond
3-Rolex,Omega,JLC,Patek, wrist watch
4-1 carat or more solitaire engagment ring and wedding band
5-classic style line bracelet or heavy link bracelet

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
After posting my opinion about the 5 classic pieces for a ladies jewelry wordrobe, i thought about what a guy needs in his jewelry box that will get years of wear.Heres the pieces that I have worn for years and will wear for years to come.

1-Rolex watch...every man should have a watch he will wear for a life time.
2- single diamond or signet ring
3-wheat or open link neckchain
4-david yurman cable style cuff or wheat link woven bracelet
5-wedding band in classic style comfort fit

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
hi501.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first list.

I only wear rings and earrings on a regular basis. I find bracelets get in the way of typing and necklaces depend on the neckline of what you''re wearing. My entire list would consist of antique wedding band and dangle earrings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 12:10:02 AM
Author: arjunajane

9.gif
DS!! two!! I''m so jealous of you -do you have pics to share?
I currently wear a Michael Kors watch which I love to death and get comments all the time, but my next jewelery purchase will definately be a ''grown up'' watch..hmmm it is my b''day coming up
9.gif

....goes off to drop hints to Fi
11.gif
I can''t resist a sale, AJ! I''ll try to post a few pictures in the Jewelry Pieces forum today sometime!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 8:29:23 AM
Author: Ellen

9.gif
hi501.gif
You have the best smiley''s, Ellen!
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you guys and I would switch out the enamel bracelet for something else. Here''s my list:

Beyond the e-ring/wedding band...

1) diamond studs
2) diamond pentant, this could be a classic pendant or something funky or antique to dress up an outfit
3) a funkier pair of earrings for dress up occassions - could be gemstone or diamond, drop, chandelier, etc.
4) strand of large pearls
5) large gemstone RHR or a timeless cocktail ring

I personally find bracelets annoying and I use my cell phone as a watch, otherwise I would have added a tennis bracelet or nice watch

mryan

Rough_Rock
this thread scares me! lol, it should say 5 pieces of timeless jewelry that is going to cost me! ha

i ordered the .50 ctw martini''s from WF for the GF as a 1 year dating gift.. i think i''m setting future expectations way way to high! lol

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the list except for the Hermes bracelet because while I like Hermes in general, I''d never buy those enamel bracelets. Nor do I wear bracelets. I''d make my list:

1. Fine watch
2. Diamond studs (or other diamond earring that''s simple enough for everyday but nice enough for formal wear)
3. Pearl studs
4. Pearl strand
5. Nice ring (whatever floats one''s boat)

I''d probably add a diamond solitaire necklace, though I dont wear mine a lot, I think a necklace is probably more popular than a bracelet as many women find they get in the way.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 1:53:57 PM
Author: surfgirl

1. Fine watch

2. Diamond studs (or other diamond earring that''s simple enough for everyday but nice enough for formal wear)

3. Pearl studs

4. Pearl strand

5. Nice ring (whatever floats one''s boat)

Same here!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
These lists are making me want more jewelry :D

Some of my favorite ideas from above:
Hoops w/or without stones.
Also a good chain that you can put pendants on.
A right hand ring with gemstones or diamonds.
A really nice bangle or link bracelet.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say a nice RHR or cocktail type ring is also essential.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 10:11:40 PM
Author: Circe

But I think the second list is odd. I just don''t see those bangles as being a ''necessary'' item...I think they look cheap. Maybe I''m just not a Hermes kind of girl???

Me neither, then, I guess - I love bracelets, but I can think of a good many pieces that would be more day-to-day wearable than a Hermes bangle! Those seem very trendy to me ... and there''s something a tad product-placement-y about specifying the brand rather than just the style. Eeeeeeeeeenteresting - thanks for sharing the list, Lady_Yuki!

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results