shape
carat
color
clarity

5+ Cushion ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Went shopping with a friend, she loved this cushion. It was an I, but it was so white. Face up, face down, side, no warmth.
the sym is only good, but to my eye, I couldn''t see what would give it a good. It was not modified brilliant, it had the chuncky facets, that threw off lots of different colors. Best part, it has flouro....

Question is, in the photo, you can see the red nails from the understide of the diamond, is that leakage?

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
more shots.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
one more

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about cushions except that I love them but that one looks beautiful to me
30.gif
30.gif

*waits for an expert to weigh in*

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks extreemly beautiful although through top experts might see truthful evidence of leaking or a sub standard cut. In the real world, the size and whiteness and lack of obvious flaws would turn most peoples heads and get them looking twice!!!!

Also, realistically, a perfect scoring diamond at that size would probably be over $150,000 plus some!!!!! So, in that size bracket, any lowering of the other 3 c`s might bring some very welcome price reduction!!!!

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
I also know very a little about cushion but the stone looks really really pretty. I think an I color stone does look White. Also I am not sure about sym only being good, I prefer excellent or better but that will lead a much higher cost 5 ct Cushion.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eva, I'm not convinced that's nailpolish you're seeing (through). Some of it in the first pic doesn't look like it's lining up with the nails. Then I see just a whisper of red in the second, and definitely in the third. It could be it's reflecting from the hand holding the camera. And/or did someone have red on?

Also, EX Symmetry is rather hard to find in many fancies. Good and VG seem to be abundant.

If she's really interested, see if they'll let her purchase on the condition it checks out ok with an IA.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
What color shirt is the photographer wearing? Wow! A 5ct cushion!!! Looks mighty white & sparkly....

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 2:47:23 AM
Author: Sharon101
I think it looks extreemly beautiful although through top experts might see truthful evidence of leaking or a sub standard cut. In the real world, the size and whiteness and lack of obvious flaws would turn most peoples heads and get them looking twice!!!!

Also, realistically, a perfect scoring diamond at that size would probably be over $150,000 plus some!!!!! So, in that size bracket, any lowering of the other 3 c`s might bring some very welcome price reduction!!!!
Realistically speaking, there is no perfect scoring diamond at 5cts +, and if there WAS it would have been a personal pet project for someone with a lot of rough to spare. Right now the industry is drying for higher quality goods above 3ct, and no one in their right mind would want to lose even an extra point to cut a CUSHION of all things to a "standard" that no one but 1% of the buyers (maybe less) would even want in a stone that large.

Cushions can be cut to GIA "Good" symmetries and still be quite lovely because it has to do with equality of facets. Sometimes one facet can be longer or shorter, and if anything, it helps to break up the expected symmetry. I have seen EX/EX cushions, not many, but I have and in all honesty they are just as flat and boring as H&A are to me. That's sort of why I love the older cuts that have varying facets. The differences give unexpected patterns and often add something different to the look that just make it mysterious, each time you hold it differently.
30.gif

Please don't think of cushions as rounds with H&As... they don't need to "score" on anything but your heartstrings. But if you want perfect symmetry, there is nothing better than a round stone that can achieve that. Once you factor in a shape, symmetry is terribly difficult, and sometimes is not always that desireable, to me that's truest in cushions.

However, this to me does not go for a good Asscher cut. That and emeralds, can sometimes look better with Excellent Symmetry and Exellent Polish... nothing harder to find though...
38.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Technically----
33.gif
; eyeballed--
30.gif
!!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
from that pics it looks like one gorgeous stone
30.gif
30.gif
i''d have it checked out by and independent appraiser and if all checks out, i gladly purchase that stone....

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, i didnt have my aset with me to look for leakage.

Yes I was holding the stone while she took pictures, and I am wearing a red shirt.

Is there a technical term for the facet pattern that has the chunky facets? The new modified cushions cuts she looked at all seemed to resember radiants.

This one blew them all out of the water
3.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
and she had red in her shirt too....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 9:38:27 AM
Author: Eva17
and she had red in her shirt too....
I think that''s probably it.
28.gif

Here''s a cushion thread you might find helpful.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Ellen, lots of great info in there, i forwarded that off to her.....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome Eva.

And tell her it''s passed inspection here anyway.
grins-xmas.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! If your friend buys this stone I''d LOVE to see some hand shots.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely, i already made that very clear.....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 10:44:29 AM
Author: Haven
GORGEOUS! If your friend buys this stone I''d LOVE to see some hand shots.
Me too! That stone is beautiful!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
reading through the plots on the link, it appears it was a four main stone, but the facets were so big and colorful.

it looks modern but old.....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please keep us posted, that stone looks gorgeous to me.
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 10:55:32 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Please keep us posted, that stone looks gorgeous to me.
30.gif
+1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results