Gorgeous ring!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Love your beautiful yellow ring! Can't wait to see more photos :appl:

frettybride

Rough_Rock
More pictures as promised!

Upsides to the new ring:
(1) Sparkly, even in work lighting! I've already been asked twice if it's a yellow diamond (although to be honest it does not look anything like a FCD for anyone who's actually seen one)
(2) The setting is low and practical for everyday wear, so I'm actually wearing it on an every day basis.
(3) The ring's unique color and design gets it a lot compliments and sets it apart! I'm glad I made the switch to a colored stone.

Downsides:
(1) It's not my original e-ring so it does not have the same sentimental value attached to it. In a perfect world, my original diamond e-ring wouldn't have been stolen ;( and this new ring would be an anniversary ring instead
(2) This is definitely not an ideal or precision-cut gem! A fat belly means that a lot of the caratage is actually hidden, and there is a huge window. But, this happened to be the stone that looked prettiest to my eye.
(3) A little unevenness in the setting

picture of ring in box from the front sunlight.jpg

on my finger from the side.jpg

ring at work.jpg

ring from a distance on my hand for PS.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! Beautiful stone, gorgeous setting, goes perfectly with the wedding band. It's perfect on your hand. I love pale yellow stones so I just adore yours!

More pics please!! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HOly crap! That's gorgeous~

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful.
Most people just dont know there diference between a yellow diamond and a yellow sapphire.
Or they don't know that sapphires come in any color other than blue! That's okay, there are plenty of subjects I don't know about,myself. (ie: cars, computers....) It's up to you, but if you have time, you can take a minute to inform the unenlightened: "Thanks so much, it's actually a yellow sapphire. Isn't it neat how sapphires come in so many beautiful colors???"
Enjoy it.

frettybride

Rough_Rock
Thanks all!

Re: KaeKae

Yeah, a lot of people don't realize sapphires can be sparkly and come in all colors! It's been fun telling people about the wonderfulness of corundum.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im sorry to hear of your original e-ring. Your yellow sapphire is Amazing!!! :love: Gorgeous design and it looks lovely on you! :love: :love:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So so so beautiful!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful, and I LOVE it in that setting! :love:

Aven

Rough_Rock
Its so pretty, bold, yet elegant. Its a such a lovely and unique set!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...it turned out beautiful! It is big and bold and done quit nicely. I would love to see more up close pics!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic! If the unevenness really bothers you, maybe the vendor can fix it? I find they're usually more willing to fix things at the beginning.

frettybride

Rough_Rock
As requested, a couple more close up pictures...

With the close-up on the hand, you can see the unevenness in the bezel. So far it hasn't really bothered me, but I'll decide this weekend if I want to take it in.

close-up to show window.jpg

close-up on finger.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful ring! The bezel doesn't look uneven to me. It looks like it's following the contours of the stone which may not be perfectly symmetrical.

maddysidekick

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I dont' know if there is any place to message you directly - I'm a newb on this site, and to gems in general!
I wanted to ask you: as you got your gem and the ring made at gemsny - were you happy with them? Do you recommend them?
I'm doing backwards research...I'm getting a ruby ring made. Bought the gem from them already and am just feeling like I didn't do enough homework before making the purchase... :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results