shape
carat
color
clarity

5.5 H OMC by Alex Park

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I can hardly wait to see how you set it! It's beeeeautiful! Congrats!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the chunky facets, rainbow color flashes and gorgeous presence. :)

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Wooooooow, yup I’m in love! Can’t wait to see that baby set!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_8660.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    480.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0136.png
    IMG_0136.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5549.png
    IMG_5549.png
    566.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8659.jpeg
    IMG_8659.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 26

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one of those stone holders to help me get a better look at the stone. What do you guys think of the cut, can you tell from these photos? Thanks
IMG_3147.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3109.jpeg
    IMG_3109.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3072.jpeg
    IMG_3072.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3048.jpeg
    IMG_3048.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3124.jpeg
    IMG_3124.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 53

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock
I am not an expert on cut, but to my untrained eyes it’s STUNNING! I know Alex tends to be picky with his cuts from what I’ve read here and my OEC from him is beautiful.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I paused my OMC hunt awhile back but I pop back in from time to time to see what great things others bought or have found. This one is so so so pretty, I’m so happy you nabbed it.

With antique cuts especially OMC I think SO much is preference so if it speaks to you then it’s a keeper. Ex. I think this is AMAZING but for me personally I just want that more dainty center faceting and not too strong of a Maltese cross which is why I haven’t seen a lab omc that gets me the same way. But so far Alex has come the closest to the style that I like and it seems as if he keeps refining the cut so maybe in the future one may appear. I know others love or prefer a strong Maltese cross center to each their own… I remember one vendor telling me when I was splitting hairs over a decision. “there are truly enough diamonds for everyone”

I’m not an expert on being able to see light leakage or cloudiness etc so I’ll leave that to others. I am surprised that it’s an H because it’s throwing so many rainbows and I feel like I see a little vanilla. I own an H (non antique cut and tinier) and I would say the color looks so different from the photos you have.

That’s all I have for now! Also love all the setting options. You’re going to have so much fun and sparkle with this one. Will keep popping back in to see the final result!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I honestly visit this thread as a pick-me-up during the day. Thank you for all the eye candy!
Also can I vote for two stone? Bypass? Those rocks together.. drool.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I am really color sensitive my other stones are E color. So normally I wouldn’t go for an H color but I did go look at antique cushions and OMC at OWD and in these cuts I loved the lower colors. So go figure!

Beautiful diamond! How do you feel about the color in person given your preference for colorless stones? Do you like the cut? Do the facets seem crisp or more blended? Congrats!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly visit this thread as a pick-me-up during the day. Thank you for all the eye candy!
Also can I vote for two stone? Bypass? Those rocks together.. drool.

Thank you! :)

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond! How do you feel about the color in person given your preference for colorless stones? Do you like the cut? Do the facets seem crisp or more blended? Congrats!

Thank you! I do notice the tint. Most of the time it looks white, it doesn’t super bother me it’s just noticeable at times. I really love the size and shape of this, it’s just what I was looking for in terms of that so I’d be hesitant to change it just for less tint.
The facets are crisp but it does depend on the lighting. For example I’m looking at it now in my car with dull light. It looks a little blah. Maybe because it’s reflecting the gray roof of the car. But I move it towards the window where there’s light and I see crisp facets like sharp shards of a mirror. Is that normal?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That crown 26%! Like to see a side view of that fluffy "pillow". Love the tall crowns. So the total depth is 76% which is deep so I don't know why it would have any windowing. Ask Alex. But I can't see any windowing on your hand shots. I noticed the windowing in it against his skin. It looks like it has nice performance. Lucky you to have snagged it...his stones go so quickly. Great price too. Can't wait to see it set.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Do you have an ASET scope? Look at it under the ASET and then you will see where it is leaking.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have an ASET scope? Look at it under the ASET and then you will see where it is leaking.

I don’t but I should get one

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else want to chime in before I get it set @Karl_K @DejaWiz :cool2:=):wink2::appl: Thank you

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see this set @petrock<3. It looks gorgeous on your hand.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As I’m also looking for an OMC, I’m very interested how you have set this stone. Do you maybe have an update?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results