shape
carat
color
clarity

5.46 OEC recut with SW

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm... don't forget you talked me into needing an old MINER too, so we're not done here yet... :lol:

I couldn't possibly forget that:) That is going to be a fun project! I'm ready when you are ;-)

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! I am soooo happy with how it came out! I have been wearing it in the ring holder, i hate the thought of sending it away and having to wait to get it back for another 2 months (As @jaqjaqjaq said, I too have the patience of a toddler.. LOL!)

My poor dog… she just wants a walk in the woods on this gorgeous warm sunny east coast day …. And here I am stopping ever 2 minutes to take a diamond video (annoyed dog cameo at 26 seconds )

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Just having a lazy Sunday and wondering if there’s an update on this! The suspense is killing me! :lol-2::kiss2:

Sooo.... a while back I became obsessed with a K colored diamond that was posted on eBay and Instagram and it was internally flawless and I loved it… and it was a halo. But honestly I just can’t spend that much money on a piece of jewelry. I just have a limit of what i am willing to spend on any ONE piece. I'm not comfortable WEARING it when it's valuable. I wont even wear my watch becaue i feel like its too flashy.

Anyway, I decided to recreate it with a lab diamond. I mentioned this to @peppermintpatty and she was like "So, let me get this straight... you're a size 4.5, you're doing a 5 carat recut and you're going to put a halo around it??" And, I mean, honestly, i think she should have her pricescope membership revoked, that kind of negativity does not belong here. :lol:

However, i decided she might have a point...so i ordered one from Amazon that was 11mm 5 carat and it totally was fine.. or maybe i just don't like bending my knuckles, I mean do you really use your left hand that much??!!

So here is the fake CZ halo... i also bought one from etsy but I didnt like that one as much. Brilliant earth and james allen had sunburst halos too but I didnt like the side views on them.. someone once called it a "flying saucer halo" and it was a perfect description, i hate that look.
fakeamazonhalo.jpg

Now I realize this looks a lot like @missy's bubbalah, so i asked her if this was ok with her and she gave me her blessing. She's one cool chick, down to earth and just all around amazing giving person.

So, off to David Klass I went! I sent him the fake amazon one and he did his thing! I asked him to try to tuck the halo under the main diamond slightly because I asked Ashley for 5 carats exactly and NO BIGGER than 5.2 aaaand its 5.46 so i was worried about it running off my finger.

The problem is, that I got a brand spanking new iPhone 15 pro and the macro pics kinda suck. So, you get the idea, but the pics are a little fuzzy. My 12 pro was so much better.

The thing is, pictures cant capture it. It's like mirrors inside, it is the most perfectly cut diamond I have ever seen in person. I am obsessed, so far I have almost fallen down the stairs staring at it, almost crashed my car, totally not paying attention in meetings...

I cant explain how it looks so clear and then deep inside it's reflecting. It's just amazing, I love EVERYTHING about it. I am so incredibly happy, i cant sleep unless I put it on. I hope this passes soon... LOL!! I mean, i am so happy and so glad that I love it but i get nothing done!! Also, in all my years wearing an engagement ring, no one EVER commented on it, Never EVER. My cuff ring, all the time, my engagement ring, NEVER. This thing, I have had it 2 weeks and people constantly comment on it. I am so in love with it.

And thank goodness for @jaqjaqjaq because she is a voice of reason. Thats totally a lie, she's an enabler and I love her for it. She's the kind of friend that laughs at you when you say you're on ban island because she knows you're a big fat liar.

So, here it is, the ring I am finally happy with

thanks to Jaq for the imurgur link!

IMG_9754.jpg

blackandwhite.jpg

04IMG_953042.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_8988.jpg

IMG_8992.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_950494.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

perspective1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9754.jpg
    IMG_9754.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 16

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo.... a while back I became obsessed with a K colored diamond that was posted on eBay and Instagram and it was internally flawless and I loved it… and it was a halo. But honestly I just can’t spend that much money on a piece of jewelry. I just have a limit of what i am willing to spend on any ONE piece. I'm not comfortable WEARING it when it's valuable. I wont even wear my watch becaue i feel like its too flashy.

Anyway, I decided to recreate it with a lab diamond. I mentioned this to @peppermintpatty and she was like "So, let me get this straight... you're a size 4.5, you're doing a 5 carat recut and you're going to put a halo around it??" And, I mean, honestly, i think she should have her pricescope membership revoked, that kind of negativity does not belong here. :lol:

However, i decided she might have a point...so i ordered one from Amazon that was 11mm 5 carat and it totally was fine.. or maybe i just don't like bending my knuckles, I mean do you really use your left hand that much??!!

So here is the fake CZ halo... i also bought one from etsy but I didnt like that one as much. Brilliant earth and james allen had sunburst halos too but I didnt like the side views on them.. someone once called it a "flying saucer halo" and it was a perfect description, i hate that look.
fakeamazonhalo.jpg

Now I realize this looks a lot like @missy's bubbalah, so i asked her if this was ok with her and she gave me her blessing. She's one cool chick, down to earth and just all around amazing giving person.

So, off to David Klass I went! I sent him the fake amazon one and he did his thing! I asked him to try to tuck the halo under the main diamond slightly because I asked Ashley for 5 carats exactly and NO BIGGER than 5.2 aaaand its 5.46 so i was worried about it running off my finger.

The problem is, that I got a brand spanking new iPhone 15 pro and the macro pics kinda suck. So, you get the idea, but the pics are a little fuzzy. My 12 pro was so much better.

The thing is, pictures cant capture it. It's like mirrors inside, it is the most perfectly cut diamond I have ever seen in person. I am obsessed, so far I have almost fallen down the stairs staring at it, almost crashed my car, totally not paying attention in meetings...

I cant explain how it looks so clear and then deep inside it's reflecting. It's just amazing, I love EVERYTHING about it. I am so incredibly happy, i cant sleep unless I put it on. I hope this passes soon... LOL!! I mean, i am so happy and so glad that I love it but i get nothing done!! Also, in all my years wearing an engagement ring, no one EVER commented on it, Never EVER. My cuff ring, all the time, my engagement ring, NEVER. This thing, I have had it 2 weeks and people constantly comment on it. I am so in love with it.

And thank goodness for @jaqjaqjaq because she is a voice of reason. Thats totally a lie, she's an enabler and I love her for it. She's the kind of friend that laughs at you when you say you're on ban island because she knows you're a big fat liar.

IMG_9754.jpg

blackandwhite.jpg

04IMG_953042.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_8988.jpg

IMG_8992.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_950494.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

perspective1.jpg

Stunning @Inked!! I am so happy for you and it's a joy to read how much you love it. Hope you continue to get lots and lots of enjoyment from this beauty!!!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

fakeamazonhalo.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

blackandwhite.jpg

04IMG_953042.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_8988.jpg

IMG_8992.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_950494.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

perspective1.jpg

@Inked thanks for sharing so many photos of your gorgeous ring! The colours that come off your OEC is incredible and you absolutely rock that finger coverage! And I really like the two tone gold, plus that perspective photo with your bracelet stack is simply *insert fire emoji*

I have so many questions haha! Just wondering what the total diameter of the ring is? Could you share a side pic too please? And, is your halo made of MRBs? :kiss2:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning @Inked!! I am so happy for you and it's a joy to read how much you love it. Hope you continue to get lots and lots of enjoyment from this beauty!!!

Thank you! I am seriously so happy and was so in love with it the second I got the Amazon ring, I was like this is my ring finally after all these years this is the right one… I just love everything about it!

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked thanks for sharing so many photos of your gorgeous ring! The colours that come off your OEC is incredible and you absolutely rock that finger coverage! And I really like the two tone gold, plus that perspective photo with your bracelet stack is simply *insert fire emoji*

I have so many questions haha! Just wondering what the total diameter of the ring is? Could you share a side pic too please? And, is your halo made of MRBs? :kiss2:

Thank you! I have been playing around with my the bracelet stack but Ihonestly like these 2 and nothing else with them!

Ask anything you want! I am so so so happy to finally have a ring I love so much and have the coverage and sparkle I want. The ring is 16mm wide. It is MRBs for the halo stones, they're 2.2mm each

sdIMG_952s2.jpg

simagsde0.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1865.gif Wow! That is one gorgeous ring!! It looks amazing and you wear it so well!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! I AM SPEECHLESS!!
This is amazing! Soooooo amazing! I would get 0 things done in a day. Absolutely 0! Congratulations on a perfect ring!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked I think you are saying I stink at being a Bling Bestie...
You are telling the truth though, I wasn't too sure your finger could handle the diamond let along the halo!!! I can't even remember, was that stone originally a 6 carat? Yep, I definitely had concerns.

I am so thrilled I was wrong!!! You are so in love with your ring!!! How could you not be??? It is drop dead gorgeous!!! The pictures show it off in the best possible way.
Should we move on to the new jaw dropping bracelet?! Stunning, exquisite, fabulous, and spectacular!!! All of that and more! I do have to give a big shout out to David Klass!!! Anything you wanted done, he did it. Nailed it the first time too!!!

Now, to be fair, you looked at my setting I will be getting soon and said, isn't that a little plain? LOL!!! Yes, it definitely is! So before you have my membership revoked, that is the beauty of Pricescope, some want bling and all the bells and whistle's. That would be you! Some want simple or I prefer the word classic. That would be me! :) We all want sparkle!!! It would be boring if we all did the same thing;-) I embrace your differences and love the journey almost as much as the result!

I do think you and my dear friend @jaqjaqjaq find me in need of some va va voom:)
I get my fix living vicariously through you 2 lovely ladies! ;-)

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
You are telling the truth though, I wasn't too sure your finger could handle the diamond let along the halo!!! I can't even remember, was that stone originally a 6 carat? Yep, I definitely had concerns.

I am so thrilled I was wrong!!! You are so in love with your ring!!! How could you not be??? It is drop dead gorgeous!!! The pictures show it off in the best possible way.
Should we move on to the new jaw dropping bracelet?! Stunning, exquisite, fabulous, and spectacular!!! All of that and more! I do have to give a big shout out to David Klass!!! Anything you wanted done, he did it. Nailed it the first time too!!!

Now, to be fair, you looked at my setting I will be getting soon and said, isn't that a little plain? LOL!!! Yes, it definitely is! So before you have my membership revoked, that is the beauty of Pricescope, some want bling and all the bells and whistle's. That would be you! Some want simple or I prefer the word classic. That would be me! :) We all want sparkle!!! It would be boring if we all did the same thing;-) I embrace your differences and love the journey almost as much as the result!

I do think you and my dear friend @jaqjaqjaq find me in need of some va va voom:)

You’re ABSOLUTELY correct!!! Jewelry is so incredibly personal and some people like humongous giant comical rocks on their hand and some people like dainty or small colored gemstones and some people like over the top extras and some people like plain … and thankfully there’s so much jewelry we can all get what we love!

And the best thing about you is that you give your *honest* opinion, and I love that and you don’t see that much… that’s the best about you & @jaqjaqjaq that you absolutely made me think about things and you both just wanted to make sure I was happy!!

Honestly I feel like it was a lifetime ago that I was doing this… so I can’t exactly remember all the good advice I got , but I almost made the sides this very intricate fleur de lis pattern, and patty was like “please just keep the sides plain, I think it will be too much…” and she was so incredibly right and I keep thanking her for telling me not to do the sides like that and do the sides plain… and your memory is correct it was originally 6 carats … lol

And yes HUGE shout out to David Klass I mean he gets this stuff right on the first or second try usually…. You should see some of the drawings I sent that poor man :lol:

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I AM SPEECHLESS!!
This is amazing! Soooooo amazing! I would get 0 things done in a day. Absolutely 0! Congratulations on a perfect ring!

Thank you! You have one of my favorite rings on this forum!!! Now if I could just get you to come to my house and take good pictures I would be a very happy woman!!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_1865.gif Wow! That is one gorgeous ring!! It looks amazing and you wear it so well!

Thank you, I know it’s a little big and a little extra and that’s so not normally me but it really looks amazing with my sweatpants and T-shirts hahaha!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! This ring is absolutely stunning! The sparkles are incredible! And it looks beautiful on you - Enjoy!

The sparkles are the best part I just wanted to post videos and animated pictures because the stills just don’t do anything for it! Thank you!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! You have one of my favorite rings on this forum!!! Now if I could just get you to come to my house and take good pictures I would be a very happy woman!!

If I come over can I try on your ring In exchange for photos? I promise I won't drool. Or I will try really hard. Lol.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I loved your story!!! So many congratulations, your setting turned out beautiful- and the stone…. A M A Z I N G!!!! (I’m singing amazing as loud as I can, cause she’s incredible!!!)

Enjoy her!

PS: I totally would have complimented your other settings as well, one of which I may or may not be still kicking myself for not buying, lol! :lol-2::kiss2:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks spectacular, no wonder you are in love!

I'm confused about one thing -- is this a setting DK made for you modeled after the amazon ring you liked?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jaw actually dropped seeing this. That video... wow. :love: It's so incredibly beautiful, Inked! Your joy comes through so clearly, and the ring looks just perfect on your hand.

Please tell us more about the diamond bracelet!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock

I just want to say that I am more than happy to endlessly enable any and all PSers! Especially my two favorite ladies ;-)

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked I just had to look at your pictures and video again before i try to go to sleep. I highly doubt I will be able to, I can't get over how your stone sparkles. It's like it can't take a bad picture. Like it is constantly on!!! It is magical and breathtaking!!! If I do fall asleep, I will be dreaming of That ring and that bracelet too!!! So happy for you!

I can't believe how talented Ashley is! What your stone looked like before the recut was good. After the recut, it's spectacular!! I wouldn't hesitate to use Ashley again. His results are amazing!!!!

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Great to see this stunner posted @Inked, that video is amazing!

Do I spy your tennis bracelet completed?? More pics please.

Now it’s time to get started on setting that pear ;)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you @Inked for your sweet words

You already know I love your ring. Stunning but of course I am biased lol

♥️

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Aww thank you @Inked for your sweet words

You already know I love your ring. Stunning but of course I am biased lol

♥️

I call it "the poor woman's halo" ... LOL! Thank you for letting me honor your family too. I look at it and just think of all the love it represents... the love you have for Greg, the love you had for your grandma, the love between friends who never actually met, the love I have for Scott... It just makes me so happy.

We need more love and unity in the world right now, you help me stand up for that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I call it "the poor woman's halo" ... LOL! Thank you for letting me honor your family too. I look at it and just think of all the love it represents... the love you have for Greg, the love you had got your grandma, the love between friends who never actually met, the love I have for Scott... It just makes me so happy.

We need more love and unity in the world right now, you help me stand up for that!

Girl I agree completely 100%
Amen!

And thank you for all your support off PS XOXO

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Great to see this stunner posted @Inked, that video is amazing!

Do I spy your tennis bracelet completed?? More pics please.

Now it’s time to get started on setting that pear ;)2

I already sent it to David!! I wish you had saved me from myself with that !!! hahaha!! It's going to be a toi et moi ring!!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked I just had to look at your pictures and video again before i try to go to sleep. I highly doubt I will be able to, I can't get over how your stone sparkles. It's like it can't take a bad picture. Like it is constantly on!!! It is magical and breathtaking!!! If I do fall asleep, I will be dreaming of That ring and that bracelet too!!! So happy for you!

I can't believe how talented Ashley is! What your stone looked like before the recut was good. After the recut, it's spectacular!! I wouldn't hesitate to use Ashley again. His results are amazing!!!!

You're so genuine, you're the best... I love that we both sent to Ashley and the pictures he sent us... hahaha. I can't believe what Ashley did, it's just how the INSIDE reflects... I dont know if it's because it's 5 carats so its just got so much room inside to reflect light?? It just looks so deep inside , i cant even explain it... LOL!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results