shape
carat
color
clarity

5.33 H VS1 square emerald strong blue fluor

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a little eye candy for your viewing pleasure. Was at ID Jewelry with missy last weekend and had a chance to see this stunner. Sorry the pics are too clear. Shaky hands ya know. I had wanted to see a well cut asscher IRL,and Yeuketiel was nice enough to find us this!

It was beautifully cut. We stared at it forever. No dead spots. Really always ON. I should say that it was very fiery. Lots of colors, blues, whites, pastels. I was surprised I could see that many colors from an asscher. I must admit. I felt like I could see the tint but missy didn't. Hey, I certainly would not kick that outta bed if my DH insisted. I added one to show it next to my 2.59 MRB for size comparison purposes.

_686.jpeg

_687.jpeg

_688.jpeg

_689.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh.... It's utterly beautiful!! :love: :love:

Do you know, out of curiosity, how much it cost?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a side view. From the top down you really could not detect the intensity of the tint. But I still felt like looking from the top down I could see a little color. Later in the day we saw an E antique emerald, and that sucker was WHITE, which I learned that I have to have if I go for a step cut. I just am color sensitive that way.

However if you set this in a setting like asscher_girl's you would never see the yellow you do from the side.

_690.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1446817124|3946279 said:

Yes, I do. I think it's ok to say. Less than I expected TBH. $68k. Not bad for 5.33 and a VS1, right. And for those who don't fear fluor, hey good for us!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
W :love: w!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats gorgeous!!! :love:

Buy it!!!

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! Love.... The only problem with step cuts... it doesn't look double the size of your stone...

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love the colors. I could stare at that all day!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a fun time! I love the photos! That stone is a stunner! :love: Thanks for sharing! :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtaking!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful stone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom, I am still dreaming of all the beautiful bling we saw that day. :love:
As you know I think the IDJ asscher is beautiful and looking at it top down I didn't see the tint but from the side I definitely do and agree the whiter the better for you in step cuts. The blues coming from that stone were amazing. Oh I so wish we could own a few big beautiful diamonds in our diamond rotation!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!

WOW!!!!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
wow and great price - I will have 2 lol - no seriously that is a good price love to see the gia

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that someone needs to snap that up! What an amazing price! It's just beautiful.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just amazing. I could (would) stare at thing every minute of every day. Thanks for sharing!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1446899221|3946577 said:
Hi LLJsmom, I am still dreaming of all the beautiful bling we saw that day. :love:
As you know I think the IDJ asscher is beautiful and looking at it top down I didn't see the tint but from the side I definitely do and agree the whiter the better for you in step cuts. The blues coming from that stone were amazing. Oh I so wish we could own a few big beautiful diamonds in our diamond rotation!

Or we do a group purchase, we each get it for 3-4 months a year. Diamond of the quarter club!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's not a GIA certificate DS and that is why its a bit cheaper it's got a fair bit of tint side on..... Really beautiful stone, though, I love the shape and cut!!! Thanks LLJsmom for the pics!!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!! :love: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really love the fat windmills! Do you have a direct pic in sunlight to see the SB fluoro?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1446817275|3946281 said:
Alex T|1446817124|3946279 said:

Yes, I do. I think it's ok to say. Less than I expected TBH. $68k. Not bad for 5.33 and a VS1, right. And for those who don't fear fluor, hey good for us!

Maybe $168 or is it a very low color ?

I have looked online and they do have a 3.79 for $35000 shame didn't see the one you were lucky enough to handle :(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1446965784|3946930 said:
That price just doesn't sound right to me.

http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/favorite-diamond-detail.php?ID=46&maxpage=0&sort=favorite&shape=Asscher%20Cut&item=diamond&referer=favorite-diamonds

I did a quick search here and 5 ct H VS1 asschers are over $100k. If this price is right, someone needs to grab this stone.

DS, missy and I were both there. I had a copy of the GIA report which I already recycled. Unless we both misheard... Sorry I wish I did not toss that GIA report. Someone just needs to call Yeuketiel. ;-)

No I heard $67k and change so I rounded up. Not $168k. It does have strong blue fluor.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1446985726|3946969 said:
Really love the fat windmills! Do you have a direct pic in sunlight to see the SB fluoro?

No, we were in his office the whole time. We tried to move it around, look at it under the counter, in darker shades areas of the room.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1446991528|3946995 said:

No, we were in his office the whole time. We tried to move it around, look at it under the counter, in darker shades areas of the room.

Haha yes, we were under very tight security and there was no going outside with the bling.
Very tight security indeed. It was lucky I brought my driver's license because I don't always have it on me but we needed it that day every place we went.

As for the cost of the 5 plus carat asscher I also think it was around 68K. Could we have both heard wrong? LOL I am usually pretty much on the money when it comes to bling and statistics. But I am now second guessing what we heard...I second what LLJsmom said though. If someone is interested in this beautiful stone call Yekutiel. He's the one to speak to about this. He's very easy to talk to and he's very nice.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1446991800|3946998 said:

Haha yes, we were under very tight security and there was no going outside with the bling.
Very tight security indeed. It was lucky I brought my driver's license because I don't always have it on me but we needed it that day every place we went.

As for the cost of the 5 plus carat asscher I also think it was around 68K. Could we have both heard wrong? LOL I am usually pretty much on the money when it comes to bling and statistics. But I am now second guessing what we heard...I second what LLJsmom said though. If someone is interested in this beautiful stone call Yekutiel. He's the one to speak to about this. He's very easy to talk to and he's very nice.

Missy, did I get any of the specs wrong? It was vs1 right? Now I'm second guessing myself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1446992240|3947001 said:
missy|1446991800|3946998 said:

Missy, did I get any of the specs wrong? It was vs1 right? Now I'm second guessing myself.

Gosh, now I am second guessing myself too LLJSmom. First of all I am very impressed with the way you remembered every piece we saw so thank you for that because I never would have remembered it all. Honestly now I am not sure of the specs but do remember thinking it was a great price when Yekutiel was showing it to us. Though it does have strong blue fluorescence at a relatively high color and we know that is not always sought after by the mainstream public though many PSers including us appreciate it. IDK and I just agree that anyone interested needs to contact Yekutiel. It is possible a mistake was made but I agree with you in that is what I heard him say.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! :love: Gorgeous! Thank you for the eye-candy LLJsmom! :clap:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! What a fun trip!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Asscher but they do face small. Your 2.5ct mrb does not look half the size of the 5+ ct Asscher. Love the stone cut but not a fan of the H color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results