shape
carat
color
clarity

4ct MRB In Tacori, Too Much?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks absolutely beautiful in the Tacori setting and really isn't too much at all! And I like it with the channel-set band - I think because the profile of the channel-set band is similar to the Tacori.
How wide is the Tacori shank at its widest point? I would get a plain band of that width. And because I don't "do" matching metals, I'd get it in rich yellow gold, maybe even a brushed finish.
I don't think the 3mm domed band works with the Tacori because it's wider and a different profile to the shank on the Tacori. If you get a band that's similar in width and profile then I think it'll work better and look more cohesive.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
I love love love this! Tacori was one of my first loves, so I am a sucker for their designs :)
Thank you! Agree, Tacori designs are dreamy!
I think it looks absolutely beautiful in the Tacori setting and really isn't too much at all! And I like it with the channel-set band - I think because the profile of the channel-set band is similar to the Tacori.
How wide is the Tacori shank at its widest point? I would get a plain band of that width. And because I don't "do" matching metals, I'd get it in rich yellow gold, maybe even a brushed finish.
I don't think the 3mm domed band works with the Tacori because it's wider and a different profile to the shank on the Tacori. If you get a band that's similar in width and profile then I think it'll work better and look more cohesive.
I don't know how wide it is, I'd guess about 2mm? The domed plain band is definitely out! I like the idea of mixing metals.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not too much, just enough. Wear it and love it. =)2

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is with my Tiffany Soleste. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don’t. ; ) 022C6C56-2F08-4BDE-8840-1765F06D0721.jpeg 73E851F7-8DB3-4CCA-AF5F-2398797853C3.jpeg E5A9246D-98D8-4B99-906D-23DCD4EE4E52.jpeg

Of all your pics with bands, I like this one the best! But if you are determined to spend more money, definitely go with tacori. But this looks good to me!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
So maybe I do have a winner! I definitely feel better that the setting is not too much. Everyone has been so reassuring, and I really appreciate the help!

dasheekee

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers! I hardly ever post but I love PS. I recently upgraded to a 4.05 MRB. Had it in a temp setting then impulsively decided to set in a custom Tacori RoyalT. It’s beautiful and amazing and I love it. The profile. The swoop of the shoulders. The basket. The prongs. They’re gorgeous. But ....I’m not very comfortable wearing it? I’ve always worn plain solitaires so all the diamonds on the setting are a complete turnaround. I’m very self conscious when I wear it, like it’s screaming look at me!!! Is it over the top, or have I not adjusted yet?
I’m also not loving how it looks with my wedding bands. The Soleste is a nice fit but the diamonds sparkle differently?? They are not nearly as bright as the Tacori. I’ve cleaned it to death, I think it’s just the different style setting?
The Legacy seems a little clunky and the plain sides seem too different from the elaborate ering sides?
I tried and liked it with the Tiffany Embrace eternity. But I’m not sure adding more diamonds is going to make me feel better.
Please give honest opinions. Is it too much and over the top? Would the stone look better, be better showcased, in a plain solitaire?

Understand about blingy. I have an original crescent setting with a london blue pear center. It was a dream ring. But i do only wear it when i want blingy. Not every day.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous ring really! The best of both worlds... well, no, all worlds if you ask me. A stunner stone in a soli setting but a blingy soli setting at that. Love profiles. I am a no band person but this looks just perfect with your Soleste band. And too big? Heck, no. Looks just perfect on you. I am sure that DSS has not set in yet. You need to get used to this stunner.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like Tacori it's not me at all.. Solitaire girl. BUT that said, your setting is gorgeous, it's beautiful and it looks great, some Tacori stuff is ornate beyond but yours is lovely, and a stone THAT weight handles the setting beautifully! congrats on great taste in jewelry (especially diamonds!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it with the Soleste and the Legacy! Tiffany bands are the best (to me!) and I'd use them! Your ring is beautiful! I waver between simple and elegant and antique style. So I understand your initial dilemma. I think that's why people around here change settings so often...we like more than one thing!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it works with the soleste but I’d also try an engraved band perhaps with bead set diamonds. The key for me is matching the height and profile shape.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the new comments everyone! I’ve been wearing it with either band. People look at it and comment and I feel so awkward I want to put my hand in my pocket! I swear when it was set in a classic baguette 3 stone nobody was really noticing.
Hubby threw a new wrench in, he gifted me a 2cttw eternity for Valentines. I love love it but it overwhelms the tacori. I love the new eternity (my dream wedding band) so much, I think in a bit this baby will be reset in a classic solitaire that will look good with it and my other bands and l can stack and switch up my look.
As a chronic resetter, I’ve learned my lesson spending a lot on a setting! Will not happen again!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby threw a new wrench in, he gifted me a 2cttw eternity for Valentines. I love love it but it overwhelms the tacori. I love the new eternity (my dream wedding band) so much, I think in a bit this baby will be reset in a classic solitaire that will look good with it and my other bands and l can stack and switch up my look.
As a chronic resetter, I’ve learned my lesson spending a lot on a setting! Will not happen again!

This is what I was thinking you should probably do... go back to the solitaire you know you love and are comfortable wearing. I did something similar with my ring - although not with a 4 ct! LOL Went from blingy halo to simple solitaire. My setting was beautiful, and I still love it to this day... but I've discovered I'm really a solitaire girl at heart.

Extremely versatile. Always in style. Effortlessly chic. :cool2:

...and let's be honest, that honker would turn heads in ANY setting!! :love:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the new comments everyone! I’ve been wearing it with either band. People look at it and comment and I feel so awkward I want to put my hand in my pocket! I swear when it was set in a classic baguette 3 stone nobody was really noticing.
Can you post a pic with your new band??? just bc we all love eye candy!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Sure! I snapped these without cleaning my ring first so forgive its dirtiness. I’m also posting Valentine’s Day dinner! I’ve been on weight watchers since October so the pizza was almost as exciting as the ring!
Can you post a pic with your new band??? just bc we all love eye candy!

0FCF9C11-E53D-42C1-8A9C-E32361337E9F.jpeg 7B0F906E-AEB8-4B66-BE3B-E313C4009BFC.jpeg 5559C335-3512-46C8-9249-A185F6F0F5E7.jpeg DCB7604A-01BF-4E49-BD25-4C3D76A5834F.jpeg

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
This is what I was thinking you should probably do... go back to the solitaire you know you love and are comfortable wearing. I did something similar with my ring - although not with a 4 ct! LOL Went from blingy halo to simple solitaire. My setting was beautiful, and I still love it to this day... but I've discovered I'm really a solitaire girl at heart.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Your solitaire is fantastic and exactly what I want and I totally love it!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg! This! I tend to think of your ring as a solitaire as well! It looks gorgeous with the eternity! I hope you take your time enjoying that setting!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure! I snapped these without cleaning my ring first so forgive its dirtiness. I’m also posting Valentine’s Day dinner! I’ve been on weight watchers since October so the pizza was almost as exciting as the ring!

0FCF9C11-E53D-42C1-8A9C-E32361337E9F.jpeg 7B0F906E-AEB8-4B66-BE3B-E313C4009BFC.jpeg 5559C335-3512-46C8-9249-A185F6F0F5E7.jpeg DCB7604A-01BF-4E49-BD25-4C3D76A5834F.jpeg
Also. Congrats for joining WW. I have been on it for 3 years! The key is to enjoy the food you like on a daily basis! Trust me! I’ve lost 40 pounds and kept them off because I eat what I want! It really is a great program and will work long term if you do it right and don’t deprive yourself! I have a friend who
Lost 30 pounds in 3 months but gained theM al back bc she deprived herself and completely let go in the summer. Now she is starting it again and hopefully she has leaned that weight loss is lifestyle not a race.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like it... However, it's a lot of bling on top of a HUGE diamond, so I understand how it might make you self conscious.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Also. Congrats for joining WW. I have been on it for 3 years! The key is to enjoy the food you like on a daily basis! Trust me! I’ve lost 40 pounds and kept them off because I eat what I want! It really is a great program and will work long term if you do it right and don’t deprive yourself! I have a friend who
Lost 30 pounds in 3 months but gained theM al back bc she deprived herself and completely let go in the summer. Now she is starting it again and hopefully she has leaned that weight loss is lifestyle not a race.

Congrats on your weight loss! I’ve found WW to be relatively easy, although it’s sometimes slow going. But it’s great to be able to eat foods I love! I’ve tried so many new things and learned to cook new ways, sometimes it’s actually fun! I’m happy we decided to do it (hubby too) as it really does work.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
I like it... However, it's a lot of bling on top of a HUGE diamond, so I understand how it might make you self conscious.

The eternity is actually a lot taller and doesnt look as good as these pics seem, I had my fingers squeezed together to hide it when I took these pics lol.

agingsparkle

Shiny_Rock
If you'd feel happier in a simpler setting, save the Tacori and put a gorgeous colored gemstone in it for an amazing RHR. Amethyst or topaz would look great and be very affordable if you don't want to put a bunch of money into it!

P

Petalouda

Your ring is absolutely stunning! I originally wanted a Tacori setting but so much of our limited budget would of gone to the setting instead of the stone. I think they are gorgeous. Is your band in this photo the Tiffany embrace?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Yes the new band is the Tiffany Embrace.
Your ring is absolutely stunning! I originally wanted a Tacori setting but so much of our limited budget would of gone to the setting instead of the stone. I think they are gorgeous. Is your band in this photo the Tiffany embrace?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
So I have an update!
While the fancy setting was so beautiful, I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Hubby and I went to the jeweler and had my stone reset into a stock solitaire. I probably would have gone with 6 prong, but they only had a 4 prong that would fit my stone in stock, and I wanted it as soon as possible. They were wonderful, and set and sized the ring while we went to lunch. I am so thankful they could get it finished, as the city closed all nonessential businesses a few days later.

I am beyond thrilled with the new solitaire. If the Tacori was a ball gown, this new setting is more like a string bikini!!! Lots of stone showing, tons of light moving through it. So easy to clean it. The stone was pretty much filthy when it was unset, it was just impossible to clean behind the fancy basket. Now it's a disco ball! And I can't stop staring. Pricescope and the new ring have been such a nice distraction from all the Coronavirus news!

We're putting an aquamarine in the Tacori setting, I'm not sure when I'll have it back, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more as a RHR for dressy occasions!

And the stats.....GIA J VS2 4.03ct Ex Ex Ex. 0623E93E-D11A-4724-9C96-EF8ACF224A60.jpeg E87A35FD-37C9-420D-903A-0AD5B94A69F2.jpeg 45818ACB-1F35-4244-A141-19E54FC3BCF5.jpeg 5EF840A5-EDC2-4B97-AD3F-3593C0B5A297.jpeg F98C1E3C-1EB5-47E8-B8EE-C1FF5E480E0D.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results