shape
carat
color
clarity

4c Tiffany Ring for $66k

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I could be persuaded to get a Tiffany ring if it was THIS one:

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=706

Look at that head profile!! It's like rock candy!
love.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
love.gif
love.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i love that ring...
love.gif
3.gif
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring too but I've been drooling over this on signed pieces. I waaaaaaaant it./idealbb/images/smilies/love.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/love.gif

5969.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, nan--we DO have the same taste! i received that watch for a graduation gift. i wear it every day.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back off from the Cartier Tank Francaise!!
2.gif
I have been drooling over that too.
love.gif
$1500 for that is actually an amazing price for an excellent condition! Too bad it's a bit out of my birthday budget price range.
9.gif
So I guess another Pscoper can have it.
rodent.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
4627.jpg

OOOOOh Reena. You lucky devil. I wannnnt it. I'm really whinning now. I told hubby last night that the Cartier would be a wonderful Christmas present. (I don't think he took me seriously)

Mara- It was sooo funny. Once my girlfriend and I went into Tiffany's. I told her to try on a 4ct $88,000 solitaire they had on display. Well they all but turned on the red flashing alarm lights and dropped the gates down on the exit door. It was hilarious. Like we were going to make a "get-away" or something. Pullleasse.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OK ladies- how do I convince hubby to give me the watch???
naughty.gif
naughty.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
my first suggestion would be found on the link you just posted on that other thread.
naughty.gif

honestly, as mara said $1500 for that watch is a great price. can you try to convince him that he'll save a lot of money by buying that one for you as opposed to having to buy it direct thru cartier? (and then, of course, he'll have to get it for you now, so nobody else buys it. added bonus!
2.gif
)

i had to do some begging to get mine, believe you me. other than my e-ring (which i don't even have yet
sad.gif
) it's the only really nice piece of jewelry i own. (FOR NOW.
naughty.gif
lol!)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey I would love a hand shot of that Cartier. (Make sure you include in when the cushion comes a callin')

reena

Ideal_Rock
ooo, fun project. OK.

i have the smallest of the three sizes. i've seen some girls with the bigger version, and it looks pretty cool. but a little more "trendy" than "classic". then again i have a tiny wrist, so.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I saw that the other day....and the wheels were turnin' ... hmmm, 4 cts isn't THAT big.
3.gif
lickout.gif
2.gif
rolleyes.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/22/2004 10:07:12 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

I saw that the other day....and the wheels were turnin' ... hmmm, 4 cts isn't THAT big.
3.gif
lickout.gif
2.gif
rolleyes.gif
----------------

No Jenn, it isn't that big just RIGHT for you.
2.gif
remember what said after your last upgrade to the 3 ct,"within 6 months" a 4+ ct will be on your finger....LOL
9.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/22/2004 10:30:57 PM vtigger86 wrote:

----------------
On 10/22/2004 10:07:12 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

3.gif
lickout.gif
2.gif
rolleyes.gif
----------------

No Jenn, it isn't that big just RIGHT for you.
2.gif
remember what said after your last upgrade to the 3 ct,'within 6 months' a 4+ ct will be on your finger....LOL
9.gif
----------------

Vtigger, I remember your post. OH, NO JENN IT'S HAPPENING! And you can't stop it, who said you were free??? NONE of us here will ever be free from the "oh, just a little bit bigger" diamond curse! I think diamond shrinkage set in for me approximately a nanosecond after I got mine!
6.gif
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
icelady, G*d forgive me, but shrinkage is happening. I rememeber when we picked it up, I thought it looked "fake." Now, it looks "normal."
rolleyes.gif
2.gif

It's a curse!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
loopy.gif

But as I told Noobie (v, are you listening???
2.gif
) we want to put in a hot tub in the spring, with the custom lanscaping, gazebo, etc., whole nine yards and it's not cheap...we just got an estimate on the electrical work and it's $4,000 alone...I don't know if my conscience will allow me to work my poor husband over so we use the money for another diamond...not this year.
nono.gif
I think he deserves something once in a while, don't you?
9.gif

He has too many visions of him sitting in the hot tub with a cold beer next fall, watching the Yankees win the series....
2.gif
3.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Jenn,

It is a most amazing phenomenon! Getting my husband to think of much other than power boats these days is impossible! He sees no value in diamonds at all, not even that they make me happy. His ploy is that the whole family can use the boat (he's even looking at a larger one), but the diamond is only for me. Never mind that what I want to upgrade to is only a fraction of the cost of the boat, and that the boat is really HIS toy!
angryfire.gif

So, I think your hubby sounds like a great guy for upgrading like you did, your rings are gorgeous!

OK, I'M OK, thanks for listening, I'll get off my soap box now! AND sooner or later I will have the upgrade!
Up_to_something.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
icelady, I may have to "live" with the 3 cts....The buck has to stop somewhere.
rolleyes.gif
3.gif

I also want another dog...I've been working him over for that too...so I can't push my luck. I am like a spoiled kid! As for you, keep pushing...I finally made it and so will you. If his "toy" is a boat, then a new diamond for you is a mere pittance, myd ear!
9.gif

Nan--love the watch--it's a classic, like you.
2.gif
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/22/2004 11:09:26 PM icelady wrote:

Jenn,

It is a most amazing phenomenon! Getting my husband to think of much other than power boats these days is impossible! He sees no value in diamonds at all, not even that they make me happy. His ploy is that the whole family can use the boat (he's even looking at a larger one), but the diamond is only for me. Never mind that what I want to upgrade to is only a fraction of the cost of the boat, and that the boat is really HIS toy!
angryfire.gif

So, I think your hubby sounds like a great guy for upgrading like you did, your rings are gorgeous!

OK, I'M OK, thanks for listening, I'll get off my soap box now! AND sooner or later I will have the upgrade!
Up_to_something.gif
----------------

icelady
i don't know which is worst: a husband with a boat shrinkage problem or a wife with a diamond shrinkage problem...LOL

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/22/2004 10:59:00 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

icelady, G*d forgive me, but shrinkage is happening. I rememeber when we picked it up, I thought it looked 'fake.' Now, it looks 'normal.'
rolleyes.gif
2.gif

It's a curse!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
loopy.gif

But as I told Noobie (v, are you listening???
2.gif
) we want to put in a hot tub in the spring, with the custom lanscaping, gazebo, etc., whole nine yards and it's not cheap...we just got an estimate on the electrical work and it's $4,000 alone...I don't know if my conscience will allow me to work my poor husband over so we use the money for another diamond...not this year.
nono.gif
I think he deserves something once in a while, don't you?
9.gif

He has too many visions of him sitting in the hot tub with a cold beer next fall, watching the Yankees win the series....
2.gif
3.gif
----------------

yes Jenn i'am listening,it might happen this Xmas,a 4+ ct will look so nice on your finger.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/22/2004 11:21:02 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

icelady, I may have to 'live' with the 3 cts....The buck has to stop somewhere.
rolleyes.gif
3.gif

I also want another dog...I've been working him over for that too...so I can't push my luck. I am like a spoiled kid! As for you, keep pushing...I finally made it and so will you. If his 'toy' is a boat, then a new diamond for you is a mere pittance, myd ear!
9.gif

Nan--love the watch--it's a classic, like you.
2.gif
1.gif
----------------

Awww shucks Jenn!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies ladies, a bit spoiled? Eh well I'm the pot calling the kettle black since I'm trying to coerce Greg into getting me the circle of life pendant from R. Coin for my birthday even after he threw me a surprise party last week! I justify it with...I didn't ASK for the surprise party.
2.gif
Plus it is my 30th and a fun diamond pendant about life would be doubly meaningful in the year we got married.

I'm already laying the groundwork for my upgrade for our first anniversary. He keeps stipulating things, aka such as 'if' his annual bonus comes through, 'if' we get a big tax return...
9.gif

In terms of getting what you really want as gifts...I tend to plant a seed and let it grow slowly. I don't like to nag...so I tend to mention things steadily over timeion a low-key basis or work it into the discussion as a joke (aka when he says something like 'the next big thing that we buy'... I will pipe in with 'oh you mean my 2c stone?'.
11.gif

If I want something pretty badly and it's on a timeline (aka like this watch is because there's only one~!) I will try to negotiate with something like 'this can be my Christmas and birthday gift all wrapped in one!'.

But honestly I think every person is different...some people like small hints and to make the decision on their own, for others small hints will fly over their head and they need something a bit more obvious.
rolleyes.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
="padding-bottom:0;marginTop:0;marginBottom:0;">----------------
On 10/23/2004 1:42:20 AM Mara wrote:
----------------[/quote]

Here's what works for me:

Much eye lash batting
wink2.gif

Lots of kisses when greeted at the door with tie loosening
13.gif

A good meal with good wine
loopy.gif

A subtle mention in the dinner conversation of what I just happened to see at Morris' that day
rolleyes.gif

More kisses...
13.gif
13.gif
13.gif

Works EVERY time.
9.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/22/2004 11:43:46 PM vtigger86 wrote:

----------------
src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/Up_to_something.gif">----------------

icelady
i don't know which is worst: a husband with a boat shrinkage problem or a wife with a diamond shrinkage problem...LOL----------------

Well Vtigger, ROFL! That puts it in perspective! I can certainly tell you that the husband with the boat shrinkage problem is a lot more costly that the wife with the diamond shrinkage problem!
naughty.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/23/2004 10:53:38 AM icelady wrote:

Well Vtigger, ROFL! That puts it in perspective! I can certainly tell you that the husband with the boat shrinkage problem is a lot more costly that the wife with the diamond shrinkage problem!
naughty.gif
----------------

Although websailor confirmed that shrinkage does occur with boat owners, I am sure lucky that he is perfectly happy with his sailboat. Icelady is right, we could be talking some big bucks here.

p.s. When we were at T's the other day, we saw a 7 ct Lucida diamond that was only (get this) $175K. That would buy a nice boat.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I'd rather have the $28,000 emerald cut one.

I'm easily pleased.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I'm like you Bagpuss, I like the $19,900 Tiffany Emerald! See, I'm not hard to please either!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
4459.jpg

I love the Lucida look. Ahhhhh

I'll have to work on hubby for the watch. All good suggestions here, I might add.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I'll take one for each finger
naughty.gif
...I'm sure my fiance would loooooove that

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/23/2004 10:37:11 AM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Here's what works for me:

Much eye lash batting
wink2.gif

Lots of kisses when greeted at the door with tie loosening
13.gif

A good meal with good wine
loopy.gif

A subtle mention in the dinner conversation of what I just happened to see at Morris' that day
rolleyes.gif

More kisses...
13.gif
13.gif
13.gif

Works EVERY time.
9.gif

----------------

Jenn I had to smile at this. You really know how to work your man.
naughty.gif
Don't forget an occasional outing to the best sushi bar nearby.
wavey.gif
You know how he *loves* sushi.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results