shape
carat
color
clarity

40th Birthday Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow thanks for the great information judy, i was actually checking out ahern and brucker's website this afternoon. for a while now, i have thought it'd be fun to do something for him custom to replace that right hand ring he just cannot let go of...and he has been saying he wants a bigger diamond in his w-ring as a joke...so i think it'd be so fun to do something for him where he could have some gold and some white gold and some color and some additional diamonds. i love the sapphire idea but i also love the idea of gold and white gold with GREEN and the icy white of the diamonds. a green tourm would be fab for the center...cut by richard homer...hehee. i checked out josh's ring on their website today and man that thing is stunning...but it would probably be very costly. i like yours as well, it may be called the 'basic men's ring'but it's still a real eye-popper!! anyway greg's birthday is coming up in a few weeks and as much as i'd love to do something like this for him right now...i am totally on a spending moratorium after my upgrade this year, but our 3rd year anniversary in may could be kind of fun for a gift then. i'll have to think on it and see if i can get some quotes to just get some basic numbers going. oh and if you can, please post a picture of virg's ring on his hand? that would be so helpful. greg does not have super large hands, his ring size on the right hand is about a 10.5 i think...so i think something like the 50/20/20 would be a great combo (or maybe even 50/15/15) but i'd love to see the ring on your hubby's hand to get a feel for scale. also do you know the mm width of the ring?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Mara,
You''re welcome.
1.gif
Bob''s ring he did for himself is an emerald. I like your idea of a green tourm. better since some of them are so beautiful & the colors so vivid. I''ll take a pic of his hand this weekend (I''m working in Toronto & will be home this weekend). I think you can safely go down to .15-.50-.15 for his ring if his size is a 10.5. :) The ring width is 12mm on top. Bob said that Carol (who is the real worker over there....LOL Bob will be the 1st to tell you that), can shave off a bit. At 1st I was alarmed it was so wide. Bob mentioned that if they do thin it out or hollow it out too much, the overall substantial look would be compromised. If you did drop it down to say 10mm, then the .50 & .15''s would look really big.
28.gif
The bottom of the finger is 10mm so again, say 10 for the top & 8mm for the bottom?

I''m going to look forward to taking some ring on the finger, man style this weekend. LOL Why arent there more pics like that? Could it be they''re too self conscious to let their significant others take the pics. Must be because of the "hair on the knuckles" issue?
23.gif
25.gif
41.gif

Judy
:)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL judy...somehow the man hand pictures are just not as inherently appealing as all our girlie hand shots on here. sometimes i take pictures of greg''s ring on his hand, and then i''m like damn i can''t post that! hehee.

but i would love to see your husband''s pictures. i do like the idea of 10mm for the top and 8mm for the bottom. greg''s wedding ring is about 7mm i think wide and it looks fine on his hand and he still has a lot of room between his knuckles, so i think he''d be fine with something like 10mm. i love the idea of the green tourm. i just don''t know how to go about sourcing and all that. at least i have a lot of time between now and next may. haha.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

As for soucing stuff out, it does take a bit of leg work thats for sure. Expecially for "peeple" like us.

36.gif
I emailed all kinds of people for help. Overall, I knew that Jan/Brad had provided 3 - ideal cut .20''s for my ring & I expected them to do the same for Virg''s ring. That was a relief. So if you know that WF has great stones, then I would source out the sidestones from them. :) Then you''ll have confidence for sure of those stones. As for the coloured gem, I hit all the ones I could find here, which also included contacting Richard Homer & Gene too. I was on all the gem sites daily looking for the right one. Jan/Brad were on vacation so Wink stepped up to the plate to examine the stone freom Natural. Sapphire. Comp. He gave the nod & off they went to A&B. Bob & Carol really liked the stones I found but they also have the connections to get you what you need too. I told them it was a matter of previous dealings & trust. :) If the idea of a couple diamonds & the green tourmaline work for you, then I would start looking at the stones anytime & just sock away the winners till its time to get it made. :)

You have great taste in jewelery, whatever you choose for Greg will be gorgeous I''m sure. The other thing that I had gotten Virg was that necklace/bracelet in stainless steel. A cheap alternative to white gold. Well, so many think it is gold & he plays along with it. LOL The companies I know are Fibo, & Morellati from Italy. I think if you google there are more out there. For something really subtantial, & for 2 peices, I''m guessing about $400 Can. so probalby like 300 american funds.

Judy

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results