shape
carat
color
clarity

40th Birthday Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All,
It''s been a few mths now since we had our rings, & so I thought I''d post them.

Judy''s Ring:
I originally wanted a band style ring with diamonds but my husband really didnt like that idea since I already had a 3 stone wed.band. So then we compromised on a band but with blue sapphires. Just when I came up with a style, we went shopping & I tried on the ring in the style I ended up with. He really liked it on my hand, the shape, the colour & even the vintage look to it. I said..ok. LOL Ya, like I''m going to say no? haha
Jeweler: DBOF
Ring: Adwar--- decent quality, a bit heavy on the milgraine.
Diamond Wt.--.96
Stone: 9 X 7 oval, blue sapphire
ring size: 6 1/4 (right hand size).
I have to dig one up on my hand. I''ll post it when I do.

Judy
:)

Judy_s_ring_top_view.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Judy

judy_s_ring_side_view.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooooo, Judy - LOVELY! We need hand shots!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Husband''s Ring:
He didnt know about his ring & I had it in the works for mths before he said he wanted to buy me a special birthday gift. LOL I didnt want to get sapphires for myself cause I thought it kinda looked stunned that we both bought ea.other sapphire rings for our birthdays. LOL
His ring is **very heavy**. My husband loves handing it to people just to see their reaction to the wt. of it. Goofy man!
Jeweler: Ahern & Brucker
Ring: Custom Basic Mans ring --economy version (lol Thats how Bob puts it)
Metal: 18K with Palladium (was still a bit grey so I got it Rhodium plated too)
Wt: about 50 grams
size: 14 (and doesnt look big! It looks right at home on his hand!)
Stones: Sapphire: from Natural Sapphire comp. that Wink helped get in for me. Thanks Wink! I think its .50 ct sapphire. I forget the diam. size.
Diamonds: 2-.20''s from DBOF. Thanks to Jan for picking up a couple of lively ones!

Judy

virgring2.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Head-on view.

Judy

Would I recommend the vendors I''ve used, 100% that I would. Had great experiences with all of them.

Virgring-1.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are wonderful! And yes, definitely hand shots of that sapphire beauty!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice. I love diamonds and sapphires together.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry guys, having trouble uploading the 2 pics on my hand. As most of you know, I am not computer literate!

Forgot to mention, my husbands ring is white gold. The pics Bob sent are a bit yellow & I havent taken any new shots. My ring is Platinum. I just got a new camera, the Canon SD 700 IS & have to sort of figure it out. LOL I''m getting there!

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''ll take some new pics tonight. :) Thank you for the kind words.
Judy

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy b-day judy...gorgeous ring..

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your birthday ring is just gorgeous and I love the one you got for your husband!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Judy your birthday ring is stunning. I also really love the ring you got for your hubby, it''s very nice!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful ring--enjoy it!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful! Sapphires are my absolute favorite colored stones with diamonds!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous pair of rings, the both of them!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey, I figured it out! Yeah! LOL The ring looks so much better in person than it does in the pic. I especially love it when I''m out shopping & the store has halogen lights. LOL It attracts a lot of attention.

Judy

judysring1.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
another...

judysring2.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Gotta love those sapphires!!!

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful color! It looks wonderful on your hand! I must say... I adore sapphires
30.gif

BTW...Hello to a fellow CCU nurse
35.gif
I start in CCU/MICU in August..
36.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Love it. The color of the sapphire looks exquisite.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! I love sapphires!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Oooh La La. I love your ring, the deep blue against the diamond halo is just delicious. I remember your band quest; I think this ring out shine all those bands that you were thinking about.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
Happy Birthday!!! Both rings are gorgeous! 50 grams! How does your hubby hold his hand up?
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
lovely rings Judy

genette

Shiny_Rock
such a striking color. very eye catching

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for your kind words. :) I tried to adjust his ring so it wasnt so busy like the original Basic Mans ring. I love Josh''s ring & that was the reason I got it made, but my husband didnt like diamonds in his rings & I knew I was pushing it with the 2 I was putting in there. LOL They are H&A too so now he thinks he''s all hot cause he has a couple of ideal stones. LOL I''m like, ya ok buddy. hahaha

My husband won a benching competition & can do 425lbs, so he''s good to go on a 50gr. ring. His wedding band is about 6 or 7mm I think & its 21gr. LOL I thought the stainless steel & bracelet I got him for Christmas was going to be too heavy, would be for normal people, haha, but he was all super macho about it & loved the wt. haha He has bulk & so he can carry the stuff off.

Oh boy, you remember my dilema about those bands QT?
26.gif
He pretty much made the choice for me.
30.gif
I tried to stay modern but still ended up in the past. LOL

FD21Bride, good luck in CCU/MICU. I do med-surg icu too but my passion is cardiology. Plus, its a clean service.
9.gif
When we get a GI Bleed, all we do is complain about it. LOL LOL Give me an M.I anyday! You must be working on a combined unit. You will get a broader range of experience in general icu.

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oops, said stainless steel but didnt add the necklace part....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
judy the rings are beautiful, i really love your husband''s ring. i keep toying around with the idea of getting greg a right hand ring that would (hopefully) replace his oynx college ring he wears on his right hand (which i can''t stand)...and keep thinking green tourmaline with some gold and white gold and a few small diamonds...this is getting my creative juices flowing again. did you just choose a setting from ahern and brucker''s catalog or was that a custom? i LOVE josh''s ring too!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Mara, thanks for the compliments. :) I liked Josh''s ring but there is no way in heck that my husband would wear it, it is just too busy looking. It wasnt till the last yr or so that he actually commented that maybe I was right that he should have gotten a wedding band with diamonds in it. The ones he was inspired from were the Scott Kay ones for men. Thats all the news I needed to hear & off I was running with the wheels in my head in motion. I surfed a lot of sites, but in the end, still came back to that one. The ones I found were so ordinary & so mass produced that you could find anywhere. I went to Ahern & Bruckers site & found a couple of examples where there were only 2 sidestones & a center. The center though was still a diamond. Bob Brucker thought that the ring would look sharp with a coloured stone in center flanked by 2 diamonds. He had yet to do one, thought the look would be less "fussy" as I put it & so the project was under way. In reality, I would put a .75 round coloured stone with 2 - .20''s diamonds. Or stay with a .50 colour & drop to 2- .15''s for the diamonds. If he has a smaller finger than a size 14 then the last combination would be good. If you go this route, the ring is absolutely solid & heavy. If Greg already wears a ring on his right hand then he wont have any problem with this. I had it rounded out on the sides a bit & comfort fit inside. Virg doesnt complain at all about it annoying him.

The palladium with the 18K gold was a something new they had never done & in the end had to send it out to get casted because their ovens couldnt handle the heat necessary for the palladium. I would just stick with either platinum or the 18K gold. They can do 2-tone but I really like just one colour choice for this kind of ring. The grooves I think provide enough interest. Carol carves it all out by hand. Although, if you do platinum, it will cost huge bucks. His ring is size 14, 50 grams, is 12" on top & I think its about 9 or 10 at the bottom. They will tweak the wax as you need it too. I''d give them a shot. Virg gets compliments all the time. He says he always here''s the guys at work tell him he is one lucky ****. LOL That his wife must love him a lot. LOL Oh, on the palladium, still came out a bit flat looking & when I went to Florida, Brad kindly rhodium plated it & now looks great. See, paid for palladium but in the end, had to still have it plated. Now if Virg''s finger was say a size 9 & the ring could be 10 gr. then I would have done platinum. But at size 14, my goodness, do you know know how many bed baths that would be??
23.gif
39.gif
9.gif

As for pricing, the sapphire was $385, the 2- .20''s were only $250 each (they are now 325 ea. so pricing is on the rise) so $500 for both & for all that gold, which I think Bob undercharged me for was about $1800. Overall, it was $3K Can. completed which is dirt cheap for up here & custom to boot. Gold prices are higher now than last summer so I would check with him. As soon as he gets a deposit, the price is held & regardless of any fluctuations in gold rates, he wont raise it.

Judy

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
SUCH a pretty blue!!!! Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results