shape
carat
color
clarity

4.45 O-P/Q-R OMC Diamond in EW inspired ER Setting and WB from Alex Park

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
It’s FINALLY done and on its way tomorrow!!! I cannot wait to see it in person! Thank you to everyone who helped with setting suggestions, we went with an Erika Winters inspired setting in 14k raw gold with satin finish to highlight the brightness of the stone while still embracing its warmth. I cried when he texted me he posted this video, it’s everything I’ve dreamed of! I keep pinching myself this really my forever stone! It’s been a LONG time coming. IMG_3782.jpeg Cannot wait for it to get here on Wednesday, counting down the hours!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3781.jpeg
    IMG_3781.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3780.jpeg
    IMG_3780.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 40

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Dry those tears and get ready for a lifetime of joy with this FABULOUS DIAMOND AND SETTING. Best wishes for many years enjoying her!!! Does she have a name yet?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Can’t wait for the hand shots!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well hello there!

Thud!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: Wowsers, it’s spectacular!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful! :love:
Can't wait to see that on the hand, and under the trees, and by the window, and at Costco and in the car and...

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
It’s FINALLY done and on its way tomorrow!!! I cannot wait to see it in person! Thank you to everyone who helped with setting suggestions, we went with an Erika Winters inspired setting in 14k raw gold with satin finish to highlight the brightness of the stone while still embracing its warmth. I cried when he texted me he posted this video, it’s everything I’ve dreamed of! I keep pinching myself this really my forever stone! It’s been a LONG time coming. IMG_3782.jpeg Cannot wait for it to get here on Wednesday, counting down the hours!!!

I just saw this on his social media page. I LOVE the brushed finish and the setting design is divine.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy the diamond dreams until it arrives! Hard to wait but sometimes the anticipation is fun as well! Looks beautiful - we will need lots of hand shots!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow. I love it. The stone and setting are perfection. It looks so much better in this setting than what it was before. Enjoy your ring and can't wait to see your hand pics :kiss2:

Last edited:

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful! :love:
Can't wait to see that on the hand, and under the trees, and by the window, and at Costco and in the car and...

Hahaha, all productivity came to a screeching halt when he sent me the video this afternoon! I’m going to have to be careful driving for awhile!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping this was yours when I saw his IG! The OMC looks so bright and delicious in that beautiful satin finish setting. I can’t wait to see hand shots!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping this was yours when I saw his IG! The OMC looks so bright and delicious in that beautiful satin finish setting. I can’t wait to see hand shots!

I would have cried if it wasn’t, lol! It’s weird how you know it’s the one even when you’ve never seen it in person! He had it retouched to even out one side and that improved the cut even more. I know some people frown at that because it is an antique stone, but I personally love it still has history and a little bit better performance!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
A few more screen shots from another video he sent/posted in his stories. I just can’t stop watching them!!! IMG_3785.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3787.jpeg
    IMG_3787.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 25

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I would have cried if it wasn’t, lol! It’s weird how you know it’s the one even when you’ve never seen it in person! He had it retouched to even out one side and that improved the cut even more. I know some people frown at that because it is an antique stone, but I personally love it still has history and a little bit better performance!

When you know, you know!! I have an OMC from Alex that had some chips and nibbles polished out. Doesn’t bother me one bit that it had a little bit of a face lift :lol:

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I am seriously in love with your diamond… enjoy her!!! The unplated white gold is a perfect match with the warmth of the stone. I’m speechless…. To the point I might be rethinking my I/J search.

PLEASE post lots of pics when she’s home! :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygosh. It’s just so yummy!! The faceting of your stone is amazing!! Beautiful setting too!! Stunning ring! :clap:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Just beautiful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @LoveMunkie! She's utterly gorgeous!

( - and I would have done the tweaks to the stone, too!)

Wear in good health always! ::)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Hell Balls!! :kiss2:

I think that is the most beautiful ring & it made my little diamond heart gasp….

Cannot wait to see hand shots & huge congratulations!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty. I cannot imagine the sparkle at night under low light. She will be an enchanting, fiery diamond to be sure. I love her color too. Congratulations.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats @LoveMunkie on a beautiful piece! The stone is gorgeous and I love your choice of raw WG with satin finish :kiss2:

If I may pick your brain, is there a reason you picked 14k WG over 18k or platinum please?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous diamond and the setting is perfect! Can't wait to see hand shots!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
What a beauty. I cannot imagine the sparkle at night under low light. She will be an enchanting, fiery diamond to be sure. I love her color too. Congratulations.

Yes! I can’t wait to see how it changes in all the different lighting and times of day!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats @LoveMunkie on a beautiful piece! The stone is gorgeous and I love your choice of raw WG with satin finish :kiss2:

If I may pick your brain, is there a reason you picked 14k WG over 18k or platinum please?
Absolutely! We chose 14k raw WG because it had less yellow gold in it than 18k raw WG but still appears warmer than plated 14k WG or platinum.

We did it this way because while I actually prefer a little color in antique cuts, the lowest I wanted to go was M/O-P. But then my budget was stretched too far for the size I was looking for. I also didn’t want to put it in yellow gold/make it appear even warmer. Alex assured me the cut of this stone is so nice that it faces up at least a grade or two whiter, and the metal we chose also helps with that. It’s not certified, he estimates it to be a P/Q but calls it a Q-R to be on the safe side. GIA is all over the place in terms of grading these days so I take his word for it and trust his judgement!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful!

And if I may ask - what does AP mean by ‘raw’?

Sorry if that didn’t make sense. It means it’s unplated 14k White Gold. So he didn’t plate it with rhodium to give it that shiny glassy effect most rings have. And then he did a satin or brushed finish to tone it down even more to mimic a well worn, antique platinum setting - but with the raw 14k WG, it appears a little warmer than one. I asked around my hometown and none of the jewelry stores (mom & pop or big box) do it. So you need to search for ones that do.

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Dry those tears and get ready for a lifetime of joy with this FABULOUS DIAMOND AND SETTING. Best wishes for many years enjoying her!!! Does she have a name yet?

Not yet! So far I’ve been calling her “Goldie” because this is my fifth stone and fifth setting in 16+ years (one was with an ex but still counts as far as figuring out what I wanted), and I absolutely promised my husband it “fits just right” and no more stone upgrades! Notice I did not say no more settings/bands/another antique stone someday/etc.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!! I can't wait for more pics!!

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
Absolutely Stunning!!! I love everything about this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results