shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 4.25 ctw Diamonds by the Yard Necklace

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who saw my other post about bling comprises, here’s the necklace that inspired it. It’s a 4.25 ctw platinum DBTY, 17”, J-K 0.05 ct MRBs. It caught my eye because it was originally posted as an OEC necklace, but even after Adam let me know it was actually MRB, I thought the price made it a no-brainer. I agreed not to post the price because he asked me not to, but as long as it’s on OWD’s Instagram, I can’t stop anyone from looking there. ;)2

I’m still debating whether it’s a keeper or not, so I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Modeling pics on someone else:
0752B761-19E6-46F6-8AED-F940F2F54CA8.jpeg F49136BF-146B-4E98-902B-D6C8812239C3.jpeg

My macro shots:
91715F95-61B4-4D09-8698-89DBB969BD37.jpeg 374DF952-F02E-49D1-AFB5-4770DD9DF4EB.jpeg

Blurry video from my IG:
https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3OTU2OTYwMTM4MDg0MTU4/

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh JPie I love this. What a fabulous find!:dance: You've inspired me to follow OWD.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad I’m not on social media so I can’t be tempted by these Instagram feeds! Between owd, jbg , and lad I’d be a goner.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s gorgeous!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on OWDs IG and thought, WOW, and at the price, definitely a keeper.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh JPie I love this. What a fabulous find!:dance: You've inspired me to follow OWD.
You might regret that when you have more bling and a lighter wallet. :lol:

I’m glad I’m not on social media so I can’t be tempted by these Instagram feeds! Between owd, jbg , and lad I’d be a goner.
It’s too late for me! :oops2:

I think it’s gorgeous!
Thank you!

I saw this on OWDs IG and thought, WOW, and at the price, definitely a keeper.
I was a little sad when Adam said they weren’t OECs, and I wonder how this would look with those or even ideal MRBs. I obviously haven’t figured out how much I’m willing to compromise for a bargain. :confused:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that video! So much fire!! I love it

Q - is it poky in the back? I have a DBTY necklace that poked the **** out of me. Otherwise I’d wear it more often.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that video! So much fire!! I love it

Q - is it poky in the back? I have a DBTY necklace that poked the **** out of me. Otherwise I’d wear it more often.

I hadn’t noticed in the brief moments that I tried it on, though the culets definitely stick out past the bezels. How many points are the diamonds on yours? Maybe it’s less of an issue at 0.05 ct each on this one.

Reactions: AV_

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn’t noticed in the brief moments that I tried it on, though the culets definitely stick out past the bezels. How many points are the diamonds on yours? Maybe it’s less of an issue at 0.05 ct each on this one.

Absolutely no idea, LOL. It was a gift. (The diamonds are not well cut, they barely sparkle)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who saw my other post about bling comprises, here’s the necklace that inspired it. It’s a 4.25 ctw platinum DBTY, 17”, J-K 0.05 ct MRBs. It caught my eye because it was originally posted as an OEC necklace, but even after Adam let me know it was actually MRB, I thought the price made it a no-brainer. I agreed not to post the price because he asked me not to, but as long as it’s on OWD’s Instagram, I can’t stop anyone from looking there. ;)2

I’m still debating whether it’s a keeper or not, so I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Modeling pics on someone else:
0752B761-19E6-46F6-8AED-F940F2F54CA8.jpeg F49136BF-146B-4E98-902B-D6C8812239C3.jpeg

My macro shots:
91715F95-61B4-4D09-8698-89DBB969BD37.jpeg 374DF952-F02E-49D1-AFB5-4770DD9DF4EB.jpeg

Blurry video from my IG:
https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3OTU2OTYwMTM4MDg0MTU4/

Love it!:kiss2: Romantic, dreamy and elegant. Is it comfortable? What do you think? Is the length good on you? Will you wear it and enjoy it? If the answer is yes to these questions it is a keeper!:appl:

I have an MRB long DBTY and one of the reasons I went with a longer length is so it is more comfortable on me as it doesn't poke into my skin as a shorter length necklace would but I love a shorter necklace as it is more visible with the right neckline. I think it's a special necklace but only if you will be able to wear and enjoy it. I do love an old cut DBTY.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@JPie

I think it looks like a nice versatile piece that you can wear with jeans or dress up in more formal clothes. But the key is whether it’s something that YOU think you like and will wear. You seem unsure so I guess you don’t LOVE it. Question is whether it will grow on you such that you will change your mind after a few days or if you still don’t care for it. If the latter, then I suggest returning it and saving the cash for a piece that you really love.

But still I think it’s a great find! Very versatile piece.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a steal! Do keep it!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with a classic.

Q

Queenie60

It's a keeper. Gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is stunning - love it!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
keep it!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, took a bunch of pics in different light. This one is a coffee shop with LED:

C9BCE94C-BA50-4202-AB97-914248F2CF20.jpeg

Horrible office lighting:
49B39F99-8EF3-4E8B-919E-E48525294576.jpeg

Direct sunlight:
14EA7A8F-BBAB-47D8-9C81-AF31DC382AE1.jpeg 237DA968-A830-4698-9B02-7E1DA202CEC3.jpeg

Compared to ering with F SI1 melee:
4278AC1A-041F-4048-AABA-660FE23D9FF4.jpeg 9ACC9FFD-410B-41EB-8B38-740413CE0F7C.jpeg

Compared to G-H VS1 OEC cluster:
4C81A2CB-1117-49AB-91E3-96F66F9E2871.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love it! It would be a keeper to me, especially at a great price. I think it looks so beautiful on you, especially in the collared shirt. I think it is an amazing necklace! I would love to own it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it!!!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a fabulous necklace! Good price too - way to go!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I love it---I would say it's a keeper!
But if you are undecided it sounds as if there are plenty of us who would like to take it off your hands-lol.
Can you tell us a little about the other necklace in the first photos? I am now feeling the urge for a station necklace with really close stations.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UM! That is freaking gorgeous!!! It looks awesome with the other necklace that you stacked it with, and just as beautiful on its own. So, very versatile in that sense. I would keep it if it were me, but I really believe that with ALL fine jewelry purchases, you really need to loooove it.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely no idea, LOL. It was a gift. (The diamonds are not well cut, they barely sparkle)
Nice gift! This one is pokey after all, but not bad enough to annoy me.

Love it!:kiss2: Romantic, dreamy and elegant. Is it comfortable? What do you think? Is the length good on you? Will you wear it and enjoy it? If the answer is yes to these questions it is a keeper!:appl:

I have an MRB long DBTY and one of the reasons I went with a longer length is so it is more comfortable on me as it doesn't poke into my skin as a shorter length necklace would but I love a shorter necklace as it is more visible with the right neckline. I think it's a special necklace but only if you will be able to wear and enjoy it. I do love an old cut DBTY.
I love the idea of getting a longer one to layer with this. It'd be a great way to make it dressier for evening.

@JPie
But the key is whether it’s something that YOU think you like and will wear. You seem unsure so I guess you don’t LOVE it. Question is whether it will grow on you such that you will change your mind after a few days or if you still don’t care for it. If the latter, then I suggest returning it and saving the cash for a piece that you really love.
That's very true! I will think about it over the weekend and decide on Monday.

What a steal! Do keep it!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with a classic.
I do like the price!

It's a keeper. Gorgeous!
Thank you!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a gorgeous gorgeous piece - and it suits you! Super sad I can't watch the IG video... Ugh... It's my kind of necklace, I love it in a way that I don't absolutely love single diamond pendant necklaces... Like they're beautiful and look great on others, but there's something special about this one.

Having said that, really what I've said above should be the smoochy way you should be feeling. As my mum has always said, no bargain is a bargain if you bought something you didn't want and wouldn't have obtained without it being perceived as a bargain!

However, also give yourself a bit more time. :)

I had to wonder, as well - it's a great necklace, but any way of wrapping it around your wrist twice and making it a bracelet, too? For curiosity's sake... :whistle:

Best of luck with the decision making. :)
Lydia.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is stunning - love it!

Love it!!!

That's a fabulous necklace! Good price too - way to go!

UM! That is freaking gorgeous!!! It looks awesome with the other necklace that you stacked it with, and just as beautiful on its own. So, very versatile in that sense. I would keep it if it were me, but I really believe that with ALL fine jewelry purchases, you really need to loooove it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, everyone!

Wow! I love it! It would be a keeper to me, especially at a great price. I think it looks so beautiful on you, especially in the collared shirt. I think it is an amazing necklace! I would love to own it!

I love it---I would say it's a keeper!
But if you are undecided it sounds as if there are plenty of us who would like to take it off your hands-lol.
Can you tell us a little about the other necklace in the first photos? I am now feeling the urge for a station necklace with really close stations.

I'm leaning towards keeping it, but I'll decide for sure by Monday. I figure that if I change my mind and I'm past the return window, I can let it go on Loupe Troop at my cost so someone else can enjoy it.

Regarding the station necklace, it belongs to the person in the photos. I asked Adam but he doesn't have info on it, sorry!

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a gorgeous gorgeous piece - and it suits you! Super sad I can't watch the IG video... Ugh... It's my kind of necklace, I love it in a way that I don't absolutely love single diamond pendant necklaces... Like they're beautiful and look great on others, but there's something special about this one.

Having said that, really what I've said above should be the smoochy way you should be feeling. As my mum has always said, no bargain is a bargain if you bought something you didn't want and wouldn't have obtained without it being perceived as a bargain!

However, also give yourself a bit more time. :)

I had to wonder, as well - it's a great necklace, but any way of wrapping it around your wrist twice and making it a bracelet, too? For curiosity's sake... :whistle:

Best of luck with the decision making. :)
Lydia.

Holy crap, you’re a genius. This is a real game changer!

9A0674B9-694E-4B39-AE7E-A3A5D20E0297.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap, you’re a genius. This is a real game changer!

9A0674B9-694E-4B39-AE7E-A3A5D20E0297.jpeg [/QUOTE

Wow that looks awesome! And like a perfect fit? I mean it is awesome as a necklace but this gives a bit of versatility?

I presume based on three that two would be too loose? Also I'm not sure whether they will be prone to flipping... But it does look pretty cool! Video it too?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Umm, yeah...she's a genius!! And that is a keeper, for sure! Necklace OR bracelet....how can you go wrong!!!??? :love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that looks awesome! And like a perfect fit? I mean it is awesome as a necklace but this gives a bit of versatility?

I presume based on three that two would be too loose? Also I'm not sure whether they will be prone to flipping... But it does look pretty cool! Video it too?

Yeah, it’s too long to wrap twice but it just fits three times around. It flips as a necklace but not as a bracelet because it’s so snug.

Will try to take a video this weekend!

Umm, yeah...she's a genius!! And that is a keeper, for sure! Necklace OR bracelet....how can you go wrong!!!??? :love:
This is definitely tipping the scales to “keep”!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it’s growing on you ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results