shape
carat
color
clarity

4.02 carat mint merelani and small mahenge trillion pair

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got these from the gem show today. The 4.02 carat mint merelani is a wonderful medium light tone of bluish green. It is more blue than these photos, taken in indirect sun. However, my camera has issues when taking photos of green gems. The mint merelani has one small needle inclusion, but it's not distracting at all. I love it!! The mahenge trillions are a very pretty hot pink and I'm looking to have them surround some other stone in a multi-stone ring. They're around 5 mm each and a half carat, and they have strong fluor. I know the mint is a heart, and hearts are not loved here, but it was such a fine color, I couldn't pass. You rarely see them this saturated, and blue, and large (although my photos do not show all the blue). That is a hair on the stone in the second photo by the way.

TLmintmeralani1.JPG

TLmintmerelani2.JPG

TLmintmerelanifw.JPG

SmallMahengetrillions.JPG

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Hi, TL :wavey:

Thanks for sharing. That heart is so, so pretty! I cannot wait to see what you do with it as well as the hot little spinels.

~ faegrace

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
TL, the mint merelani is a beautiful color in your photos -- I'm trying to imagine more blue in it & dying of lust. The cut is very good, saturation good. All that makes the shape way way way down the list of important things, if you don't like hearts -- and I wouldn't be able to resist it either. I like it -- hearts would not be my first choice, but in that stone, in that color, it's neat and unusual. Going to be a real eye-catcher when you set it. People will ooh & ahh from across the room. I can't wait to see what you do with the blazing trilliants too! Good day's work for you!

--- Laurie

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful coloured stones, you have great taste ! Looking forward to seeing how you set them.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Gorgeous, all of them! :love:

I saw one of the ebay settings vendors had a nice heart halo, and I really liked it, even though I don't lean toward hearts. I think they can be fun, and with that color, it's stunning! In a rose gold? Go over the top with it, it'll be so whimsical!

Those trillions would make some great dangle earrings! A straight row of diamonds, with the trillions on the end? Fabulous.

Just what popped into my head.

A+, TL, amazing stones!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
TL-- did you go to Intergem? I am trying to go either tomorrow or Sunday--anything I should check out? Any semi mount vendors you recommend? Thanks!

ETA: your new stones are gorgeous!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, TL!! Gorgeous stones!! :love: Heart-shaped stones aren't at the top of my list either, but the color and cut are beautiful. I can see why you couldn't pass that one up. And I especially love the mahenges. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

I totally forgot about the gem show this weekend. Hmmm... maybe I can get over there on Sun. Is this one as large as the Dec. show? I went for the first time in Dec. and was completely overwhelmed.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm also not a heart person, but I "heart" that mint garnet!

ETA: Where is this gem show?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhh, those are simply delicious !!!!!
I so LOVE that gorgeous heart, it is absolutely wonderfully cool and minty :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:
And those trillions, how shocking is that color !!!
Those are great purchases, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
The trillions look to be an excellent color - congratulations. The Merelani looks like a nice stone also, I'll anxiously wait to see how you have it set. Hearts are always a toughie for me.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones TL. I love the trillions.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1306541685|2932072 said:
WOW! Gorgeous, all of them! :love:

I saw one of the ebay settings vendors had a nice heart halo, and I really liked it, even though I don't lean toward hearts. I think they can be fun, and with that color, it's stunning! In a rose gold? Go over the top with it, it'll be so whimsical!

Those trillions would make some great dangle earrings! A straight row of diamonds, with the trillions on the end? Fabulous.

Just what popped into my head.

A+, TL, amazing stones!
The trillions are really pretty. They would make lovely dangle earrings. I remember someone reset their engagement ring and had the trillion sidestones made into beautiful dangle earring. I'm sure they'll look great in a colorful three stone ring too.

That minty green color is great.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love the merelani, it has such a minty color that reminds me of sour apple. The cutting is really nice too, with great luster. What are you going to do with this stone?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous! Is there any way you could use the three of them together? I love the green and glowy pink combination.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
A bracelet or a pendant will be lovely with the heart minty garnet. :love:

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty, congratulations on a successful day at the gem show! My little mint is being cut now. Fingers crossed that it's beautiful like yours.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow. I love that garnet. I was just thinking I want a minty stone the other day and here you are with that perfect stone :naughty: . The size looks great on your hand. Congrats on the find, I look forward to seeing what you do with it!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
well I love heart shaped gems and that one is amazing!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
WOW TL, I want to go gem shopping with you! Will you please take me along? :bigsmile:

:love: :love: your new stones!!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I love these! - the trillians are so sassy, and who cares about a heart shape when all other aspects of the stone are so freaking gorgeous?!

Amazing haul! Top marks! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much. I will respond later to each of you, but I just wanted to show a photo of the fluorescence. Garnets typically never fluoresce, with the exception of some tsavorites and some mints. It glows a reddish orange color.

TLfluorescemintgarnet.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facegrace - Thank you. I haven't decided what I'll do with the spinels yet, but finding a matching pair of anything
untreated and hot pink is a challenge, let alone Mahenge spinels I think they'll be awesome side stones,
but for what, I haven't decided yet.

JewelFreak - Thank you. I personally don't dislike hearts, but they are more difficult to find settings for.
It really is beautiful, and I'm so thrilled to have it.

Chamois - Thank you!! How sweet!

ILander - Thank you! I definitely want to do the mint in rose gold, but I havent decided what I'll do yet, if
I'll go custom, or what. I the color of rose gold on my new diamond ring, and that was a special alloy
my jeweler used, which is slightly pinker and less coppery. I would love to get side diamonds for this piece,
and make it a three stone, but the color is such, and the tone, that it would pop in a halo too.

Erini - Yes, I went to Intergem. I highly recommend Vancegems, and there was one semi-mount vendor that
had many of the inexpensive Chinese made settings. Huge selection, with SI material. Gems4less.com is his website.

Portia - Thank you! I think the show is the same size as the one in December.

ooo~Shiney - Thank you! You always say such sweet things.

Colorluvr - Thank you! The nice thing about the trillions is that for small stones, they have good saturation,
and they hold their color. They are pink in incandescent light too, and many mahenges go more orange.
Hearts are difficult to set, but I have some time to think on it.

BrightIce - Thank you! I love trillions too.

Burberrygirl - Thank you!! I'm not an earring person unfortunately. I like to SEE my gems when I'm
wearing them ;-) I'm planning a three stone ring with the trillions.

PR - Thank you! Actually it's more blue than a sour apple, but my photos came out sour apple colored :(.
Think more like a more saturated honeydew melon color.

Aoife - Thank you! I think the pinks are slightly too small for the heart. I haven't measured the heart yet in mm.
I have to do that soon.

Lovinggems - Thank you! Not a bracelet person either I'm afraid. LOL!

Bluebirrrd - Thank you!! Can't wait to see your mint. Post photos when you get it!!

MariedTiger - Thank you!! I love minty stones, and I have several, but this is the best piece I think for the
size, saturation and rarity of these merelani mints.

InnterKitten - Thank you!! I wish I had your jewelry making skills to set it!

Megeve - LOL! Thank you!

Nasplat - Thank you!! I agree about the heart shape vs get the best color thing.

T

talamasca

All three are gorgeous :love:

Really loving the trilliants and I really like heart shaped stones

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi TL, went to intergem and checked out vancegems. He had some lovely very silky pink spinels, I kind of froze and didn't buy the one I had my eye. It seemed to be a decent price, but wasn't totally convinced--the gem shows are overwhelming and I have trouble committing!! Thanks for the advice!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic stones. Mint merelanis are becoming so rare. 4.02 carat, WOW! And the spinels are lovely.

If you ever consider organizing gemhunting classes, I am the first one to apply! :lol:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones! I love that green heart, gorgeous color and what a great size :love: Can't wait to see what you do with it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talamasca - Thank you!!

Erini - When I was there, Bill Vance had some very pretty pink Maine tourmaline in large sizes, that kind of reminded me of lavender
pink spinels. Very good prices too. He was also touting some rare 5 carat benitoite to us, and it was
fun to look at. Bill Vance really loves his exotic gems. I always enjoy his booth for the nice color and the variety.

Crasru - Thank you. I did see larger mint merelanis at the gem show, but none this saturated. The pink
trillions really hold their color well, even under icky fluorescent light. I'm looking forward to setting
them, but not sure with what yet.

Stargurl79 - Thank you!! I can't wait either, since I want to enjoy them all on my hand asap!!

I was thinking of putting the trillions with my 2.6 carat pear shaped sapphire, but haven't decided yet.

TLsapphiretrillionspinels.JPG

tzelin

Rough_Rock
Hi TL! The heart is beautiful!

I think that the mahenge trillions look really good as sidestones. Do come back with pix when they are set! I love the pink and the blue together. The colors really popped! :lickout:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
TL : I'm all about ideas for pears !!! Keep 'em coming. I am making an idea folder...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tzelin - Thank you!! I don't know if I'll do this three stone for sure yet.

Shiney - Thank you!! I save off a lot of ideas here too. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results