shape
carat
color
clarity

3mm Men's Wedding Band?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fear of a man appearing feminine or gay is the elephant in the room, but the times they are a changing.
Two gender jar thinking is becoming a thing of the past.

Just wear whatever you like.
If that's a thick ring, get one.
If that's a thin ring, get one.

You owe no explanation/reason/justification to anyone, including yourself.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF, my father never wore a wedding band and he was married :) I think men wearing wedding bands came into vogue in the 70s (when I was married)... if it's important to your fiancee then you should wear one.. but I will tell you, being married is in the heart and ring is just a symbol of this.. it's like the american flag.. it doesn't make one less of a patriot if one does not fly the flag. My husband wears a band, and loses his band, we are on #3 now... but I don't care if he wears one, I do care that he loves me a lot.. congratulations on this huge step in your life!

Peace

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3mm is not thin depending on wearer's ring size and finger length. I find my 4mm a bit thick.

In NA, most mens rings are 6mm. In other cultures, 3mm~4mm for mens wedding ring is common

susief

Shiny_Rock
DH has worn a plain palladium 4mm comfort-fit ring for over 5 years. It still looks great, apparently it is very comfortable and he barely notices it is there. It looks just right on his average-sized hands. 3mm would look thin but not terrible, just a different look. The depth of the ring matters too - I wear a 3mm but it's heavy-weight and rounded so has more "presence" than a Tiffany Lucida (which I found to be quite light and insubstantial).

I like Tiffany but wouldn't pay their prices for a plain ring that is indistinguishable from one bought for a third of the price from another retailer. (I would pay for some of their unique designs but not this).

I suggest trying on different widths and depths/weights, picking the one you like, then ordering it from an ordinary online retailer in palladium.

I would suggest getting a wedding ring, then you have the option of wearing it or not. If you find you hate it, you aren't compelled to wear it for all eternity - just talk to your wife and keep it for special occasions. I would never want my DH to wear something he found uncomfortable or disliked.

Jmin

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry if you guys interpreted what I said the wrong the way. I didn't mean that a guy not wearing a wedding band would be unfaithful. If my husband decided not to wear his wedding band, I know he would still be 100% faithful to me. I just KNOW that women would be giving him a lot more attention (more than they already do...he's pretty handsome ;-) ) if he was sans wedding band. I really didn't mean that a man not wearing a wedding band would be more inclined to cheat. I apologize if anyone took it that way or was offended at all. I will say, however, that because of my religious beliefs, I do believe a husband and wife should wear a wedding band when out in public. I have every single day for the last six years (since we got married) and so has my husband. He doesn't even take it off to sleep or shower. I never asked him to wear it all the time--he just does. My husband is also in the public eye in our community (he's a news anchor), so I don't think it would look very good if he decided to NOT wear his wedding band. God knows rumors would start flying. (People sure like to gossip about news anchors---at least where we live). Again, sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't think my statement would start such a spark, but after re-reading what I initially wrote, I can see where someone could have taken it the wrong way.

You have engaged someone's post in a completely wrong way... that is the fault here. You do not know what people do or go through and just bluntly said men who do not wear a ring can be unfaithful. You cannot make sexiest judgemental comments and expect all women and men to just agree with you. We all come from father and mother. Some are disloyal some are not. That has nothing to do with the ring. It is about heart. Wearing ring or jewlery or some fabric to show that you are married is an ancient culture and it is not a true religious thing. Jesus or Buda or other gods did not say if you are married you must wear thick ring or thin ring. "bling bling a married man walking down the aisle walk away!! only men are allowed to talk to him!" :) It is a cult developed by humans not god. Please dont bring god into this nor what your husband does for work. That is really irrelevant to this main post's main question. You just showed that you are very insecure and sensitive to many things around you. We understand. But, no need to apologize actually :) because you will never change about men's ring perception. If I were you I would keep showing your inner opinion instead of being politically correct and learn what the other people's thinking about whole this. Maybe make a new thread.

Enough said, I have been married 8 yrs and I have been cheating on my wife every year...

LOL kidding.

To the main question and only the important question, I say if you want to wear 2mm ring, go for it!
There are so many women and men have built an old cult that men must wear thicker ring because he is a man who is taller heavier thicker stronger than a woman in the house. Today's men do not really go hunting in the mounting for food and chop the wood every morning to make fire in the house.

Wait... sorry.... hunters dont wear jewerly.... you will be called "an idiot". fishermen with nets do not wear jewlery...you will be called "an idiot" and wood workers cannot wear any rings because you will lose that finger.... I dont know where this thick ring came from... maybe medieval era where people thought bigger jewelry is better to scare off peasants and opponents...

I did not wear the ring for 6yrs and my wife stopped wearing too.

We are in early 30s and we go to club or I let my wife go to bars with her friends without wearing her ring. I really do not care what is going to happen at the bar! I do trust her but before I trust her, I make myself to make her trust me without a ring! What is most important here is "Is she coming home today and live a happy life with me or not" If she is not happy, then I am doing something wrong and the freaking ring will not fix the shit once your wife or husband start cheating. If your husband or wife cheats and if you don't like then it's done! move on! Find a way to work around with your life flexibly and just trust in god, not your husband or wife!

Go with 3mm if you are like me. I actually wear 2mm now :). I began to put a ring because I see that in themeeting every man I saw at the higher level is wearing one. However, I will not wear big thick rings like 6mm. 4mm was still too much that sometimes I have to take it off. More I have to take it off more chance of losing it. I lost my first one.
I work 8~12hrs in the office, so I hate wearing blobby metal on my finger. I do have many meetings with people, but I actually hate someone with big rings in the meeting. It really draws so much attention in the initial meeting and bothers me especially if its shiny jewelry. Put your hands down or get something less screaming jewelry so we can talk about the subject fluently. I work in the design field so I may have a very different opinion than some of you here.

Go with 3mm!

Me, I am currently looking for 1mm to see if that can stop making me feel like I have a 2mm booger on my finger.

Peace~

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have engaged someone's post in a completely wrong way... that is the fault here. You do not know what people do or go through and just bluntly said men who do not wear a ring can be unfaithful. You cannot make sexiest judgemental comments and expect all women and men to just agree with you. We all come from father and mother. Some are disloyal some are not. That has nothing to do with the ring. It is about heart. Wearing ring or jewlery or some fabric to show that you are married is an ancient culture and it is not a true religious thing. Jesus or Buda or other gods did not say if you are married you must wear thick ring or thin ring. "bling bling a married man walking down the aisle walk away!! only men are allowed to talk to him!" :) It is a cult developed by humans not god. Please dont bring god into this nor what your husband does for work. That is really irrelevant to this main post's main question. You just showed that you are very insecure and sensitive to many things around you. We understand. But, no need to apologize actually :) because you will never change about men's ring perception. If I were you I would keep showing your inner opinion instead of being politically correct and learn what the other people's thinking about whole this. Maybe make a new thread.

Enough said, I have been married 8 yrs and I have been cheating on my wife every year...

LOL kidding.

To the main question and only the important question, I say if you want to wear 2mm ring, go for it!
There are so many women and men have built an old cult that men must wear thicker ring because he is a man who is taller heavier thicker stronger than a woman in the house. Today's men do not really go hunting in the mounting for food and chop the wood every morning to make fire in the house.

Wait... sorry.... hunters dont wear jewerly.... you will be called "an idiot". fishermen with nets do not wear jewlery...you will be called "an idiot" and wood workers cannot wear any rings because you will lose that finger.... I dont know where this thick ring came from... maybe medieval era where people thought bigger jewelry is better to scare off peasants and opponents...

I did not wear the ring for 6yrs and my wife stopped wearing too.

We are in early 30s and we go to club or I let my wife go to bars with her friends without wearing her ring. I really do not care what is going to happen at the bar! I do trust her but before I trust her, I make myself to make her trust me without a ring! What is most important here is "Is she coming home today and live a happy life with me or not" If she is not happy, then I am doing something wrong and the freaking ring will not fix the shit once your wife or husband start cheating. If your husband or wife cheats and if you don't like then it's done! move on! Find a way to work around with your life flexibly and just trust in god, not your husband or wife!

Go with 3mm if you are like me. I actually wear 2mm now :). I began to put a ring because I see that in themeeting every man I saw at the higher level is wearing one. However, I will not wear big thick rings like 6mm. 4mm was still too much that sometimes I have to take it off. More I have to take it off more chance of losing it. I lost my first one.
I work 8~12hrs in the office, so I hate wearing blobby metal on my finger. I do have many meetings with people, but I actually hate someone with big rings in the meeting. It really draws so much attention in the initial meeting and bothers me especially if its shiny jewelry. Put your hands down or get something less screaming jewelry so we can talk about the subject fluently. I work in the design field so I may have a very different opinion than some of you here.

Go with 3mm!

Me, I am currently looking for 1mm to see if that can stop making me feel like I have a 2mm booger on my finger.

Peace~

That's a considerable first post! Welcome to the forum :)

That post is from almost six years ago, though, so I'm not sure if singer is still around lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results