shape
carat
color
clarity

3ct Oval - pull the trigger?

Mechealle

Rough_Rock
This process has been exhausting for me however highly considering this stone. Would love to know anyone's thoughts/concerns.

A jewler friend who I sent this two to review mentiond this "might" be a GIA India stone based on the vendor (I think)? Is anyone familiar with that term? Is it a real thing? If so, way to find out?

- Size: 3.02
- Shape: Oval Brilliant
- Color: I
- Clarity: SI1 (eye clean)
- Polish: Excellent
- Symmetry: Excellent
- Fluorescence: Medium Blue
- L:W Ratio: 1.5
- Price: $28,500

3.0 Oval.png

GIA Cert attached.

Attachments

• GIA.pdf
    607.5 KB · Views: 13

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to say from one pic but it's lovely. I'm more into chubby ovals personally but it's a nice amount of elongation and would look amazing along the finger.

Many diamonds come from India (huge, huge exporter of diamonds) so that part wouldn't surprise or worry me, so do you mean you're concerned that GIA India might be more lenient with grading? Again, it's hard to say from one photo but I'd ask for a video and photos in various lighting to see how true to an 'I' this stone is. You can certainly see some tint in the photo above so it wouldn't surprise me if it's a borderline J.

Mechealle

Rough_Rock
It's hard to say from one pic but it's lovely. I'm more into chubby ovals personally but it's a nice amount of elongation and would look amazing along the finger.

Many diamonds come from India (huge, huge exporter of diamonds) so that part wouldn't surprise or worry me, so do you mean you're concerned that GIA India might be more lenient with grading? Again, it's hard to say from one photo but I'd ask for a video and photos in various lighting to see how true to an 'I' this stone is. You can certainly see some tint in the photo above so it wouldn't surprise me if it's a borderline J.

Thank you!! Yes, that is my biggest concern in terms of the grading being more lenient. I uploaded a video (link below), a girlfriend went to see the stone in person for me to do the initial review. The color I does concern me a little and hearing "borderline J" isn't ideal so thank you for pointing that out. In all honestly, I am exhausted with this entire process... I am way too picky and while I understand doing my diligence is good, it also is becoming super technical and overwhelming.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It would have been good to have videoed the stone further down to the whiter background for a better idea of tint. I think it's a lovely stone though and once set and in most lightings, I think you'll barely notice the tint. Please also keep in mind that with larger stones, you'll notice tint more, so were it a one carat stone, and graded I, we might not be having this conversation. Just the larger stone gives you more surface area to detect the colour. In saying that, it may not matter if you got a GIA US graded I, as you might see the same amount of tint in 3 carats then too.

I feel your pain. I was having sleepless nights when I was looking for my first one carat. I probably researched for three months until I finally had to pull the tigger to get some sleep! It was an impulse-ish purchase, and while I probably could have found better in retrospect, I do love it. It's only one carat though, so with a bigger budget like yours, it's worth being super sure.

Mechealle

Rough_Rock
It would have been good to have videoed the stone further down to the whiter background for a better idea of tint. I think it's a lovely stone though and once set and in most lightings, I think you'll barely notice the tint. Please also keep in mind that with larger stones, you'll notice tint more, so were it a one carat stone, and graded I, we might not be having this conversation. Just the larger stone gives you more surface area to detect the colour. In saying that, it may not matter if you got a GIA US graded I, as you might see the same amount of tint in 3 carats then too.

I feel your pain. I was having sleepless nights when I was looking for my first one carat. I probably researched for three months until I finally had to pull the tigger to get some sleep! It was an impulse-ish purchase, and while I probably could have found better in retrospect, I do love it. It's only one carat though, so with a bigger budget like yours, it's worth being super sure.

Mind me asking if you think this stone is better? A little more money but following specs..

G
VS2
1.488 L:W
XX
$30k
GIA cert

Video:
[/URL]

Waiting on pics however attached some flaws I can see in the video. Per jeweler, “these are the super magnified images. They do this to be transparent about the stone and it’s inclusions, but when you see it in person they go unnoticed.” Is that a true statement do you know?

627C0F15-C38D-454B-988E-4E5CD3E7DBAC.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldnt get that video link to show anything.

Mechealle

Rough_Rock
@tyty333 I did not know that (re email policy) so I apologize for suggesting!!!

I think I got the video to work, fingers crossed!
V360 Viewer

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Is your weight goal , 3 ctw?

cheers--Sharon

Mechealle

Rough_Rock
@tyty333 are you ablet o view the video? Would love your advice :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results