shape
carat
color
clarity

360 degree image help + CVD or HTPT?

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
My favorite of these is CO1FZ6QTO8, but I do see some striation lines in the video. The others lack symmetry in the cut and/or have more obvious striation lines.
Thanks for looking!
HUM....I will have to check what I posted .I thought they were all IDEAL cut with EX polish and EX symmetry. When you say "lack symmetry", did you mean what you see in the videos or was it something on the certificate ? Would you say I have to look further to find stones with less striations?

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for looking!
HUM....I will have to check what I posted .I thought they were all IDEAL cut with EX polish and EX symmetry. When you say "lack symmetry", did you mean what you see in the videos or was it something on the certificate ? Would you say I have to look further to find stones with less striations?

sorry...the Adiamor was wrong....SKU D49649295 is the HCA of 1.1

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Found one that pushes the boundaries of ranges, but it appears to have amazing optics.
Given the angles and crown height, this one will be a very fiery leaning diamond with that little bit of non-blue tint that you're looking for!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for looking!

I was referring to the videos. IGI's ideal cut grade isn't a guarantee that it's a top-of-the-line cut, as they grade the (averaged) proportions rather than the light performance.

Do you prefer a CVD stone to HPHT? It is possible to find CVD stones with fewer striations, but might take more searching.

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
Found one that pushes the boundaries of ranges, but it appears to have amazing optics.
Given the angles and crown height, this one will be a very fiery leaning diamond with that little bit of non-blue tint that you're looking for!

Thank you ! What do you think of this one?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

That's a beauty!
You should put it on hold/reserve so someone doesn't steal the sale from you (happens a LOT here at PS with so many visitors daily).

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Actually it looks like yours has more red flashes...

You could out them both on hold while you are thinking things over...I believe JA allows up to three hold per customer at a time.

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
That's a beauty!
You should put it on hold/reserve so someone doesn't steal the sale from you (happens a LOT here at PS with so many visitors daily).

Which do you prefer...mine or yours? Do you see any blue in the one I chose?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Which do you prefer...mine or yours? Do you see any blue in the one I chose?

No blue whatsoever!
I think both diamonds look great and which to choose will depend on what kind of performance personality you're after.
1.54 G VS1 = balanced between brilliance and fire.
1.50 F VS2 = leans towards more fire.

The difference will likely be so small that you won't be able to discern much in real-world lighting and viewing conditions, so go with the one that seems to resonate the most with your eyes and mind.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this one!

If you're considering these bigger stones, I like this 1.54 that you've found or the 1.53 E VS1 that DejaWiz posted previously over the 1.50 F, as I find that the 40.5 pavilion angle combined with the shorter lower halves makes the arrows look elongated and thicker in a less pleasing way to my eye.

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
I was referring to the videos. IGI's ideal cut grade isn't a guarantee that it's a top-of-the-line cut, as they grade the (averaged) proportions rather than the light performance.

Do you prefer a CVD stone to HPHT? It is possible to find CVD stones with fewer striations, but might take more searching.

I have never seen a HPHT so I guess I cannot answer that.....Which do you prefer and why?

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
No blue whatsoever!
I think both diamonds look great and which to choose will depend on what kind of performance personality you're after.
1.54 G VS1 = balanced between brilliance and fire.
1.50 F VS2 = leans towards more fire.

The difference will likely be so small that you won't be able to discern much in real-world lighting and viewing conditions, so go with the one that seems to resonate the most with your eyes and mind.

You have been wonderful and I thank you for all your help. The stones are on hold...
if you want to look at the ideal scope for the 1.54 you can request it through the chat feature. If you do look at it, is it ok? No image on file for the 1.50.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I find that the 40.5 pavilion angle combined with the shorter lower halves makes the arrows look elongated and thicker in a less pleasing way to my eye.

I would normally agree with you 100%, Kim. What draws my eyes to this particular one with such angles is the crispness and amount of brightness across the diameter, especially at a bit of an angle during the rotational view. Seems to be one of those diamonds that is an exception rather than the norm.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never seen a HPHT so I guess I cannot answer that.....Which do you prefer and why?

I find it easier to select good HPHT than good CVD, as I think CVD has a longer list of potential issues than HPHT. However, if you work with a vendor like Distinctive Gem, they can help you vet CVD stones by running the full gamut of analyses on them.

I would normally agree with you 100%, Kim. What draws my eyes to this particular one with such angles is the crispness and amount of brightness across the diameter, especially at a bit of an angle during the rotational view. Seems to be one of those diamonds that is an exception rather than the norm.

Yes, some diamonds have that extra oomph!

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
HPHT is usually the safer bet, in my opinion. The only real problems to watch out for are clouding, moderate to severe phosphorescence, and color nuance (the latter two likely being tied together and strictly personal preference).

CVD is fine as long as it is vetted properly to rule out any transparency and light return issues from clouding, excessive stria/graining, and color tinting (the last one also being personal preference).

The chances of R.O.D. can be minimized by sticking to a pretty tight set of proportions and angles, but there is never a zero chance, as depicted in a thread a while back by sledge showing a diamond that had beautiful proportions and angles in paper, but leaked light.

What setting do you have?

Are CO and BE your only viable retailers?

Hi.....I just posted images and sarin reports for 3 stones...please help!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results