shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.56 Emerald cut 5 stone setting

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
66924C51-F8F3-4EAB-BA8A-8D2648576337.jpeg 0170B421-71C5-4A38-A538-689402875FF6.jpeg D748FF7F-9502-4EE2-B827-86DDFA1C2C0C.jpeg F3E86678-11E1-4D1A-B244-27568ACDB3AF.jpeg 7BFA55F5-2422-4AA9-B93F-3A1737444044.jpeg 43A743CE-7406-4CCC-9815-758B615065CF.jpeg E85F6062-D7E2-4594-9207-C967649085F7.jpeg Hello everyone. I am finally done and wanted to share all the juicy details of my gorgeous ring!! My original engagement ring was an oval, not well cut, and I never liked it. It was a little over 2ct. I sold that one about 4 years ago and moved on to my true love...emerald cuts! Found a beautiful I, VS2 3.01 EC. I loved it and set it in a 3 stone setting with 2 trapezoids. Being a little greedy, I never felt it was quite big enough. So I sold it to a fellow PSer, with Erica from Love Affair Jewels as the mediator. I then began my search for another I, but larger EC. I am COMPLETELY happy with an I in an EC and perhaps would even go lower in color due to other PSers rings I have seen.

I looked high and low for about 8 months. Finally stumbled on one through IDJ. Shulamit is absolutely fabulous to work with. Amazingly patient, tirelessly searches and LISTENS to what you want. I always ran my options by Erica as well, can't say enough positive things about her.

I ordered in a couple of ECs, didn't like the cut and finally found this stunner! The setting was done by Mark Broumand. Good and bad...here goes. His work is impeccable and the craftsmanship is amazing. However, we had quite a hard time getting my ring just right. I had him set it for me as I fell in love with one he currently has which is virtually the same dimensions as mine. I had NO idea how hard it would be to match the traps and the look of his ring!! Mark is very polite, kind and BUSY! He will not hold your hand in the process. We probably were not the best fit as I felt I needed to come up with all the exact measurements on my own and am a complete perfectionist. He said he was too but he should have had the proportions correct from the beginning. After the second attempt, I feel like we got pretty close. Traps could be a tad smaller and bullets still are not as bezeled as I requested. But I still LOVE it and do feel Mark is extremely talented. The ring is beautiful and I am very happy. I honestly can't believe how many compliments I have gotten in just the 3 days I have had it! Quite reassuring. Thanks to ALL of you who helped me create this ring...many thanks!!

Here are the stats and pics
EC- 3.56 CT
Table-69%
Depth- 59.1%
VG/VG
I color
VS2- 100% eye clean.
10.46 x 8.04- 1:3 ratio

Pictures are all with old iPhone...best I could do!

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you created a Show me the Bling thread for your beauty. It has been a long ride, yet the outcome is perfect. What a stunning ring!

Your center stone is gorgeous and I love the detailing on your ring.

May I ask: could you take a pic of your beauty in the Mark Broumand box?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BD23F873-C8DF-402F-86FD-E6AA1205DA7F.jpeg D8DE7EFB-98CA-4F68-928F-B80B7928AF77.jpeg E6544D2C-4982-4B8A-B27E-D55CBA120CB2.jpeg
So glad you created a Show me the Bling thread for your beauty. It has been a long ride, yet the outcome is perfect. What a stunning ring!

Your center stone is gorgeous and I love the detailing on your ring.

May I ask: could you take a pic of your beauty in the Mark Broumand box?
Thank you, and thank you for your help along the way!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG STUNNING!!!! Sorry for the all capital letters and I do not mean to be screaming at you but your ring is jaw droopingly beautiful. My heart just stopped for a moment it is so beautiful. Elegant and sophistication to the max. :love:

swoon.gif

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s amazing! The proportions are just perfect & the setting is stunning!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, stunning ring!!! :love: I love everything about it, so classic and elegant. Enjoy every minute of wearing it!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a stunningly beautiful show stopper of a ring! I hope you love her, she is magnificent!

ETA: I love it worn alone, the epitome of elegance and sophistication imo.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a stunner! I know you will enjoy her! :geek2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much! Makes me feel so much better, I have been kicking myself for not insisting on making the traps smaller. If I would have gone down in size then my ring would have not been the same proportions as the inspiration so I just stuck with exact measurements. I guess if it bugs me in the future I can always have it changed:)

@Bonfire so torn on what to do about a band! I always wonder if you need a band or just looks like an engagement ring. But when I put a band with it, it all kind of gets muddled and the ring loses all its detail. Maybe I will post a separate thread with a vote.

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
What a beauty. Ours could be sisters. Just love it. I had similar issues when deciding on a band. I chose one that went perfectly with the ring and one that was different altogether. I do think the milgrain looks big in photos but in real life it looks sweet. When I want to wear just the two bands I love how they look together. I have worn the diamond ring on its own without the bands but because my knuckles are bigger than my finger, it tends to turn too much so I prefer it with the two bands. Hope that all makes sense. Anyway, love your ring. It is really gorgeous. Congrats!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy that after all the angst and so many difficult decisions you had to make, it all worked out and you're loving your ring!!! I'm glad you started this post to share your MAGNIFICENT EC IN THIS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS SETTING!!! Your side stones look beautifully proportioned! All of your hard work paid off! You have definitely achieved the look you were going for!!! :)
Although I know this was an emotional experience for you-with it's share of highs and, unfortunately some lows, but when all was said and done, you got what your heart desired! It looks elegant, huge and very tastefully done! :)
I'm looking forward to seeing what you're thinking of doing next, in terms of a band to match, or not. I think your ring can hold it's own, so whether or not you choose to stack the look is completely up to you!
In the meantime, it was a pleasure taking this ride with you and I hope that you enjoy every moment of wearing your stunning, new ring!!! :) <3

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wooooow what a huge beauty!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting the ring of your dreams. Your new ring is stunning. I was following your other thread with much anticipation. I too am a big fan of the inspiration ring. Your new version has much better proportions all way round than the first. I hope you enjoy this beauty for many years to come.

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
74ECE475-D56E-44EC-ACB4-0B498C9DB931.jpeg Oh my; it is breathtaking. I know how you must be feeling. I only received my ring a few weeks ago and look at it all the time! I trust you are loving it and the man that gifted it to you.

I send snaps of my hand/ring to my hubby all the time with a simple heart and couple emoji. ❤️

...I have always loved step cuts. They’re not for everyone, it takes a special lady who “gets” it

My husband calls mine my ice rink. We laugh that our blended family of four kids and a dog are the Peanuts Gang and I can actually envision all of us on my ring!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MrsKBP I do just adore it! I actually put in on my kids little, tan, wrinkle free fingers and love it even more:lol: step cuts have ALWAYS been my favorite, even when I was a teenager I knew that it was my dream diamond. I finally got it and my husband has been so supportive.

I so love your ring, and yes ours could be sisters! I really love squarish ECs more and more, congrats again on yours. Simply breathtaking. I love the analogy of the ice rink and peanut gallery, that’s great!!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much! Makes me feel so much better, I have been kicking myself for not insisting on making the traps smaller. If I would have gone down in size then my ring would have not been the same proportions as the inspiration so I just stuck with exact measurements. I guess if it bugs me in the future I can always have it changed:)

@Bonfire so torn on what to do about a band! I always wonder if you need a band or just looks like an engagement ring. But when I put a band with it, it all kind of gets muddled and the ring loses all its detail. Maybe I will post a separate thread with a vote.
Maybe just a plain band or some engraving? Not too much bling to take away from the emerald cut ring?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
312258BB-E632-41D5-A59B-D8A50D2E906E.png 8C1FE0B1-3CF9-447C-BCC2-4C73CE069F61.jpeg
Maybe just a plain band or some engraving? Not too much bling to take away from the emerald cut ring?
I was thinking, if anything at all, a simple baguette channel band. This one is only 1.8 mm so very tiny and I could return. Thoughts?
And this was inspiration with a 3mm band which was way too big for me when I tried on

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
Yes! It’s exquisitely classic! It will never go out for style. It’s for the ages and heirloom quality for sure!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A46AC39C-6A6F-44A5-AA9D-54801BBF47C0.jpeg Indirect lighting, beige walls... just for reference:)
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite! Oh. My. Goodness, your ring is drop dead gorgeous!!! :) I think the channel set baguette band would be stunning with your ring! It will look as beautiful as it does in the Instagram picture you posted, for sure! I know you've seen @Mrs.KBP's two new bands and one of them is the same style as you posted here! They both look fantastic with her ring, which is so much like your setting! (Both of yours are TDF!!!) :)
This is exactly the style of band that my jeweler recommended to me. She has one in her store that she showed me and it really does go very well with an EC. I'm also debating between this style, (because I have 12 loose straight baguettes from an old ring), or the idea of spacing out the baguettes and putting small rounds between them (I have some loose rounds, also). I'd like to use what I already have and not have to buy more stones, but I worry that I don't want to introduce too many design elements and make a mishmash...enough about me.
Decisions...Decisions....These should be the hardest decisions we ever have to make! :)
I'm glad you're enjoying your amazing ring! I'm sure you're getting compliments everywhere you go! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results