shape
carat
color
clarity

34'' DBTY 3.3 CTW necklace in gold 18k yg or platinum?

Would you get the necklace in 18k yellow gold with platinum bezels or all platinum

• 18k yellow with platinum bezels - 1mm chain

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 18k yellow with platinum bezels - 1.5 mm chain

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • platinum - 1mm chain

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • platinum - 1.5 mm chain

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
So I am pretty confused as to what to do. I have decided to go ahead and order a 34" long necklace with 22 15 pointers - 3.3 ctw
from whiteflash. I am having them placed 1.5 inches apart. I plan to double it and also wear it long.

The confusion is around the metal and the chain size. Should I do 18k yellow chain with platinum bezels or all platinum? and
Should I do 1mm chain or 1.5 mm chain?

I have mental thing about diamonds and platinum but I like yellow gold as I am from India and we do wear a lot of yellow gold and I like the idea of being able to match it with both indian outfits and regular outfits.

I have looked at some topics here with 1.5 mm chains and while it may be more durable, I don't like the thick chain. But I do have kids and I am definitely worrying about durability. Also I like the floating diamonds when the chain is 1 mm. I plan to double it as well and I don't want the chain to over power the diamonds.

I looked at this recently and I want this look( this is 1mm chain I think and spaced 1 inch apart not 1.5 inches apart) so I am torn :confused:

bethenny-reunion-look-e1439989700697.jpg

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am posting some pics of my recent trip to tiffany where I tried the platinum and gold dbty's for you to make a decision.

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long and 1.5 mm chain
yg_long.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch platinum DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain
yg_long_platinum_short.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch platinum DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain(Another image)
yg_long_platinum_short2.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch YG DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain
yg_long_yg_short.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch YG DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain(Another image)
yg_long_yg_short2.jpg

WF XO pendant in platinum - 1mm chain
xo3.jpg

WF XO pendant in platinum - 1mm chain and Tiffany rose gold 1mm olive branch nechlace
20150825_111759-min.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 1mm is fine for the 16 inch ones, but I think it is way too thin for a long necklace. Mine is 36", stones 2" apart, and 1.5mm chain in all platinum. It makes the most sense for me to have all platinum because I wear mostly platinum and white gold jewelry. Plus you can still layer a platinum chain with another gold one. In your case, I think it depends on what metal you wear the most. If you wear yellow gold more, I would do the bezels in platinum and the 1.5mm chain in yellow gold. My sister made a yellow gold one with wg bezels, I think.

The 1.5mm chain on the long sprinkle necklace looks right to me. M2B has a 34" one with 15 point stones and a 1.5mm chain. Mine is the same except 14 pt stones and 36".

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Thank you diamondseeker. I did look at your dbty several times in the past few days :) along with missy's and mom2boys.

Yes the long necklace I am wearing in the pics is 1.5 mm thick. The 16" necklaces in yellow and platinum are 1 mm.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an 18" DBTY and spaced the diamonds so that there was a bigger space in the back. I did 7x1.5"= 10.5" which left 8" around the back of my neck. If you did that, that could get you closer to the 1" spacing you like?

I voted for YG because it will disappear and be more floaty. You will sparkle like a Twilight vampire from afar :naughty:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
I looked at yours pintobean. I do like what you did. I am going to think about your suggestion.

It looks like only platinum comes in 1.5 mm chain and not the yellow gold. So the options really are -

18k yellow with platinum bezels in 1 mm, all platinum in 1 mm and all platinum in 1.5 mm.

I am still deciding whether to do yellow gold or platinum.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the yellow gold with platinum bezels based on how you like to mix metals, wear your pieces, etc. I do wish it came in the thicker chain though. :wavey:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Rockinruby said:
I voted for the yellow gold with platinum bezels based on how you like to mix metals, wear your pieces, etc. I do wish it came in the thicker chain though. :wavey:

Thank you Rockinruby. I am also leaning towards it at this time.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinkprashu|1452710285|3975507 said:
I looked at yours pintobean. I do like what you did. I am going to think about your suggestion.

It looks like only platinum comes in 1.5 mm chain and not the yellow gold. So the options really are -

18k yellow with platinum bezels in 1 mm, all platinum in 1 mm and all platinum in 1.5 mm.

I am still deciding whether to do yellow gold or platinum.
Platinum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results