Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

34'' DBTY 3.3 CTW necklace in gold 18k yg or platinum?

Would you get the necklace in 18k yellow gold with platinum bezels or all platinum

• 18k yellow with platinum bezels - 1mm chain

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 18k yellow with platinum bezels - 1.5 mm chain

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • platinum - 1mm chain

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • platinum - 1.5 mm chain

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
So I am pretty confused as to what to do. I have decided to go ahead and order a 34" long necklace with 22 15 pointers - 3.3 ctw
from whiteflash. I am having them placed 1.5 inches apart. I plan to double it and also wear it long.

The confusion is around the metal and the chain size. Should I do 18k yellow chain with platinum bezels or all platinum? and
Should I do 1mm chain or 1.5 mm chain?

I have mental thing about diamonds and platinum but I like yellow gold as I am from India and we do wear a lot of yellow gold and I like the idea of being able to match it with both indian outfits and regular outfits.

I have looked at some topics here with 1.5 mm chains and while it may be more durable, I don't like the thick chain. But I do have kids and I am definitely worrying about durability. Also I like the floating diamonds when the chain is 1 mm. I plan to double it as well and I don't want the chain to over power the diamonds.

I looked at this recently and I want this look( this is 1mm chain I think and spaced 1 inch apart not 1.5 inches apart) so I am torn :confused:

bethenny-reunion-look-e1439989700697.jpg

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am posting some pics of my recent trip to tiffany where I tried the platinum and gold dbty's for you to make a decision.

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long and 1.5 mm chain
yg_long.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch platinum DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain
yg_long_platinum_short.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch platinum DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain(Another image)
yg_long_platinum_short2.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch YG DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain
yg_long_yg_short.jpg

Yellow gold sprinkle necklace with 3.6 ctw diamonds. I believe 36 inches long combined with 16 inch YG DBTY with 1.5 ctw diamonds and 1 mm chain(Another image)
yg_long_yg_short2.jpg

WF XO pendant in platinum - 1mm chain
xo3.jpg

WF XO pendant in platinum - 1mm chain and Tiffany rose gold 1mm olive branch nechlace
20150825_111759-min.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 1mm is fine for the 16 inch ones, but I think it is way too thin for a long necklace. Mine is 36", stones 2" apart, and 1.5mm chain in all platinum. It makes the most sense for me to have all platinum because I wear mostly platinum and white gold jewelry. Plus you can still layer a platinum chain with another gold one. In your case, I think it depends on what metal you wear the most. If you wear yellow gold more, I would do the bezels in platinum and the 1.5mm chain in yellow gold. My sister made a yellow gold one with wg bezels, I think.

The 1.5mm chain on the long sprinkle necklace looks right to me. M2B has a 34" one with 15 point stones and a 1.5mm chain. Mine is the same except 14 pt stones and 36".

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Thank you diamondseeker. I did look at your dbty several times in the past few days :) along with missy's and mom2boys.

Yes the long necklace I am wearing in the pics is 1.5 mm thick. The 16" necklaces in yellow and platinum are 1 mm.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an 18" DBTY and spaced the diamonds so that there was a bigger space in the back. I did 7x1.5"= 10.5" which left 8" around the back of my neck. If you did that, that could get you closer to the 1" spacing you like?

I voted for YG because it will disappear and be more floaty. You will sparkle like a Twilight vampire from afar :naughty:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
I looked at yours pintobean. I do like what you did. I am going to think about your suggestion.

It looks like only platinum comes in 1.5 mm chain and not the yellow gold. So the options really are -

18k yellow with platinum bezels in 1 mm, all platinum in 1 mm and all platinum in 1.5 mm.

I am still deciding whether to do yellow gold or platinum.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the yellow gold with platinum bezels based on how you like to mix metals, wear your pieces, etc. I do wish it came in the thicker chain though. :wavey:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Rockinruby said:
I voted for the yellow gold with platinum bezels based on how you like to mix metals, wear your pieces, etc. I do wish it came in the thicker chain though. :wavey:
Thank you Rockinruby. I am also leaning towards it at this time.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinkprashu|1452710285|3975507 said:
I looked at yours pintobean. I do like what you did. I am going to think about your suggestion.

It looks like only platinum comes in 1.5 mm chain and not the yellow gold. So the options really are -

18k yellow with platinum bezels in 1 mm, all platinum in 1 mm and all platinum in 1.5 mm.

I am still deciding whether to do yellow gold or platinum.
Platinum.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.