shape
carat
color
clarity

30-Day Shred and others

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
What is everyone planning on using or already using in order to shed pounds? Is anyone else using this?

I "re-started" 30-day Shred on Saturday. When I was in college and doing intense workouts every other morning, I had great muscle tone and was able to shed pounds easily by just skipping a few lunches... well recently I became very aware that this was no longer the case. I needed to start working out again, but since I commute to work it's very hard to make time for the gym.

So... bringing the gym home was what I opted for. I'm on Day 4 of 30-day Shred and it's going great!! I can definitely feel my muscle building back and I already feel like I have more energy. I can tell that my core is already toning up again!! Yay, abs!! Also, I've been in much better moods since starting to work out again, and FI has already noticed a difference.

Trillionaire: I bought 30-day Shred right before the hurricane hit and I had to live out of a hotel for 2.5 months. I just ran a treadmill while I was there, and it really didn't do anything. However, in 4 days of this, I have already dropped 3 lbs that I was sitting on at my plateau. I feel so much better and am happier now that I am exercising again. I would definitely recommend starting it while out of town!! I wish I had just taken it with me to Austin and worked out in my hotel room after work each day.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I'm starting Day 1 (again
9.gif
10.gif
) of the 30-Day Shred tonight (I'm already in pain just thinking about it)

Meresal, I too have 'plateaued'...since Christmas. Right before the holidays I got a stomach bug and was able to shed 2 pounds, but they have since been put back on. I am hoping to lose 15 total by summer. I'll let you all know how it goes...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m seriously considering getting this video. I have re-dedicated myself to the gym but I know that I will probably have those days when I simply want to go home after my 1 hour commute and do something quick.

Meresal- Would you consider taking over the BWW Weight Loss thread from SarahLoveJS? I thought I saw that she was feeling like she couldn''t keep up with it and wanted someone else to post it weekly.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I own this DVD and have NEVER used it! I think you have inspired me to give it a try. I know my SIL loves it.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the 30 day shred and liked it. It was hard for me to stay motivated about doing it everyday though, and since it''s just 20 minutes, I think it''s important to be consistent.

I signed up with a personal trainer last week, and I love it. I bought 12 sessions. That way, I have someone pushing me to try new things and teaching me the right way to do exercises. It''s really hard for me to do 3 sets of 15 push-ups without someone watching me, and I certainly wouldn''t come up with doing squat thrusts with a medicine ball on my own! It''s cool becuase I''m doing all these strength building exercises, but since she''s constantly rotating me betweent different kinds of exercises, I''m really winded too. I feel like I''m getting cardio at thesame time!

I am also trying to watch what I eat because I believe that just exercise is not going to be effective for real weight loss. I''d like to lose 10 to 20 pounds. I''d be happy with 10 though. I''m aiming to lose an inch or two in my hips and get rid of some arm flab. I honestly feel pretty already in my gown, so I''m really working on the honeymoon now
31.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:30:16 AM
Author: Clairitek
I''m seriously considering getting this video. I have re-dedicated myself to the gym but I know that I will probably have those days when I simply want to go home after my 1 hour commute and do something quick.

Meresal- Would you consider taking over the BWW Weight Loss thread from SarahLoveJS? I thought I saw that she was feeling like she couldn''t keep up with it and wanted someone else to post it weekly.
Once a week?? I can definitely handle that. I can use the thread as accountability as well. Aweosme!!

Guilty Pleasure: I am absolutely worthless at a gym unless I have a trainer. However, I didn''t get the feeling of cardio as much as you are. That''s great that she moves you around so much. For me, this is great, because it''s 25 minutes of non stop, and don''t get the option of sitting down or getting a glass of water. You just have to learn to push thru, and it flies by. I don''t like dedicating alot of time to working out, so I feel like I''m getting it all done and quickly.
I''ve also changed my eating habits. You reminded me that I need to go get more fruit for the fridge. Thanks
3.gif

Tacori: Dust it off!! The first time I tried it, I thought it was booring to do the same routine for a week, but you work so many different muscles and you can switch up the weights you use for differences, that once you start to "feel" the change it''s great!

I actually don''t have 3lb weights, so I''ve been using two of my Thomas Freidman Econ books (Haha!!) that are about 2 lbs each. I''m not quite ready to get out of routine 1 yet, but I''m going to change to 3 lb weights today, and it will be like a whole different workout.
9.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I cannot say ENOUGH about the 30 day shred video! I am only 24, but every fitness fad/video/equipment that has come along I have to try. I bought this video back in November from some fellow PSers recommendations and have really stuck with it. I use it in conjuction with the Biggest Loser Cardio Max & Power Sculpt videos.

I think part of the reason that I have stuck with it is because you see results, even from the first workout... and best of all it''s only about 20 minutes. Quick, effective and you can do it in the comfort of your own home. It does not get old, even after doing the same 3 workouts all the time. Although, I do wish that Gillian would come out with a 30 day shred 2 with more workouts.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Meresal and Trillionaire, I''m so glad you started this thread! After hearing so many positive reviews, it finally seemed time to pull the trigger on it when Amazon had it on super-sale a few weeks back.

Having done Level 1 a couple of times this week, a question (or three) comes to mind: what makes this a "30 day" program? Am I correct in that there is a website with a daily food regimen and workout schedule as well? I have been impressed by the workout philosophy by itself, but has anyone done the bona-fide total program and can provide some firsthand feedback?

Thanks!
f-d-l

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I did all three of the 30-day shred workouts over the summer. (I probably only did three, lol!) I was sore for DAYS! It is really effective for a 20 minute video. I''ve been thinking of making SO do it with me.
27.gif
He''s in much better shape than I am. I want to get a summer body by summer, so I need to get moving. I want to do P90X, which I own, but I am still working on convincing SO that he is going to be my P90 partner. I think that 30 day shred will be a good prep workout before I hit the big boy. P90X is insane, but what a great workout!

30 day shred is one of those workouts that you have little excuse NOT to do, and it''s effective. I think someone posted on another thread that they lost 10lbs in 3 weeks doing it, and lots of inches.
36.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Meresal, and everyone else too - I feel like you''ve all read my mind! Just yesterday I was wondering how I could lose 5-10lbs in a month without a gym membership, and the 30-day Shred sounds like the way to go! I need to start getting back into shape because my dress will be here in about 4 weeks!!!
23.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Trill: I''m going to do P90x when I finish the 30-day shred.

I thought that you had to use all of the pull-up bars and everything, but apparently you don''t. I need to get my body ready for that though. I''ve heard it''s killer!!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Oohh I want this video now. I am usually a gym rat, but since my FI moved in a few months ago my gym time has gone down so far. My b-day is in a couple of weeks and I was asking for home weights and I think I will add this to the list! I would love to tone up more and lose 5lbs before our wedding in April. Thanks for starting this thread meresal!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Out of curiousity: When do you all do the tapes? In the morning before work or after you get home???

I am really going to jump start and try to do this tape 3xweek (I''m running 3xweek too).

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Meresal, I have to do cardio on my own as well, but I do like that I''m constantly moving for the hour I''m with her. It makes me feel like I''m accomplishing something. I actually have to run on the treadmill on the other days just to work out the soreness! I''m planning on doing strength with her twice a week and cardio on my own the other days. I''ll either go to the gym for a class or cardio machine, or I will do the 30 day shred at home.

My gym has a big dark room with just cardio equipment and a big screen for showing movies. It has "stadium seating" - they put the bikes in the front, the treadmills in the middle, and the ellipticals in the back. It''s like Studio Movie Grille except instead of drinking beer during the movie, you''re burning calories!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I just started yesterday! The workout was great, and my arms and legs are definitely sore today. I didn''t feel it as much in my abs... I''m probably doing something wrong, because my abs are not that strong :)

I''m planning on doing the video every other day. I don''t want to lose weight... just get a little more toned. I like how fast paced it is... I get so bored at the gym!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Did everyone, that is doing 30-day Shred, start with 3 lb weights? If not, what are you using instead? I feel like my arms would be immobile if I had!!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 3:33:28 PM
Author: meresal
Did everyone, that is doing 30-day Shred, start with 3 lb weights? If not, what are you using instead? I feel like my arms would be immobile if I had!!
I actually started with 5lb weights... it wasn''t TOO bad... but I definitely feel it today.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Just placed my order
9.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Other than weights, are there any other "accessories" that you need for this video? It sounds like it may be worth a shot!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am off to do 30 Day Shred (it's approx. 4:45PM). I will be back in 30 min...unless I'm dead.

Wish me luck...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Bia!!

Cleo- Weights are all I have needed. I''m not even using weights yet... I''ve been using some big econ books that are about 2 lbs each, and am moving up to 3 lb weights today.

Ohh, if you don''t have a carpeted room where you can do the workout, then you just need a rubber mat for the crunches.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 3:33:28 PM

I started with 8s because that was all I had. I couldn''t move my arms for like 5 days and I quickly purchased some 5s. I still hit muscle fatigue with those. I made my SO do the video with me the other weekend and he brought his 15s down and didn''t listen when I told him he might want something lighter, boy was that entertaining to watch
25.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
eek! I almost couldn''t finish it. I remember why I agreed with you Elle, about Jillian being a sadist. WOW!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
JUST FYI - for all Cox Cable customers, 30 Day Shred is actually on On Demand right now - for free - until 2/14 (I think) - so if you''re considering it, try it out for free!

I just did it - and WOW
23.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think this workout dvd is good for people that are just starting trying to get in the habit of an exercize routine. I got it for Christmas and did it for a couple of weeks. I didn''t notice any changes because I spend about 5 days a week in the gym anyway. I tend to think that the clases at my gym are more intense and I get a better workout but that isn''t to say that this dvd doesn''t work. I just wouldn''t suggest it to someone who regulary likes going to the gym.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I ordered this, and it came the same week I found out I''m pregnant, so I have yet to open it! Is it really intense? I''m hoping to use it to lose the baby weight eventually!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 6:08:46 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I think this workout dvd is good for people that are just starting trying to get in the habit of an exercize routine. I got it for Christmas and did it for a couple of weeks. I didn''t notice any changes because I spend about 5 days a week in the gym anyway. I tend to think that the clases at my gym are more intense and I get a better workout but that isn''t to say that this dvd doesn''t work. I just wouldn''t suggest it to someone who regulary likes going to the gym.
You are definitely right. It is not for people that are already avid gym goers. If I were still in as good of shape as I used to be, this wouldn''t be helpful. I think it works really well, for those of us that are trying to begin a new routine, again. That''s not to say this isn''t a great DVD. I know tons of people that just don''t know how to focus themselves at gyms, and go up to 4 times a week. This video still kicked their butt, because they were, as people say "phoning it in" and didn''t realize it.

I plan on using it for the first 30 days, and then I am going to switch to P90x.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 6:10:04 PM
Author: Sabine
I ordered this, and it came the same week I found out I'm pregnant, so I have yet to open it! Is it really intense? I'm hoping to use it to lose the baby weight eventually!
I've heard rumors that working out while pregnant, is the best way to drop pounds quickly after.
31.gif
Not sure of the validity though.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 6:45:52 PM

Date: 2/4/2009 6:08:46 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
You are definitely right. It is not for people that are already avid gym goers. If I were still in as good of shape as I used to be, this wouldn''t be helpful. I think it works really well, for those of us that are trying to begin a new routine, again. That''s not to say this isn''t a great DVD. I know tons of people that just don''t know how to focus themselves at gyms, and go up to 4 times a week. This video still kicked their butt, because they were, as people say ''phoning it in'' and didn''t realize it.

I plan on using it for the first 30 days, and then I am going to switch to P90x.
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results