shape
carat
color
clarity

30-Day Shred and others

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mamie

Shiny_Rock
I have done 3 days of the Shred now. It does kick your butt and it''s hard to push through sometimes, but wow, what a workout! I''m supplementing my 3x a week gym time with this. Someone upthread mentioned Cox Cable, but those with Comcast OnDemand will have it free as well. That''s how I''m doing it until I hit Level 3. Also, don''t own small weights yet, so I''ve been doing it w/o and don''t feel like I''m missing out on the strength too much.

I''m pretty sure my downstairs neighbor thinks there''s an earthquake when I do the cardio parts. Waiting for my landlord to call any day now. ; )

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
sabine, I haven''t done the video yet but everything I hear is it is fine to work-out at the intensity that you did *before*. So if you were inactive before I would not go crazy now. If you were doing an hour of cardio a day before then that should be fine while preggo.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Meresal - FI had P90X and was in great shape and said it was still a kick butt workout - REALLY really hard. But if you keep it up it''s great results.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All
I am a crazy workout person and have done them all. I have P90X and 30 day shred and love them both.
I also am a HUGE fan of Turbo Jam, awesome awesome workout. You can find it on beachbody.com

Unfortunately for me i have done these all too many times and my body has gotten used to them.
I am back at the gym doing a crazy mix that is definitly for more advanced exercizers - if anyone is interested.......

Monday - body work, found workout on self.com - jillian michaels put it up there, i do it over and over for 45 min - with a ten min warmup on treadmill
Tuesday - Long Run, Run on treadmill for 1 hr at 7.0 speed - miles per hour
Wednesday - Hill work, warm up 5 min on treadmill, then put speed at 6.0 and every 5 min increase in the incline. so when you hit 30 min. you are on level 5 incline
Thursday - speed work, treadmill, warm up 5 min. then two minutes 8.0 - two minutes 5.0 and repeat for 1 hr
Friday - body work again - same as monday

This is a crazy routine but im really getting results from it.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
for a pull up bar, you can get one of the iron gym ones at any pharmacy store (Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc) They are usually $20-30, and that is what I suggested to SO. He ordered me a fancy one online and spent like $70!
23.gif

When I started P90X the first time, I used the resistance bands and was STILL sore as all get out. I felt pretty good after the first couple of days, you know, the "sore but accomplished" feeling. Well, that then turned to, I can barely move, and then, I literally could not stand up straight! I think the yoga was working my back stablizer muscles, which were really weak. I was walking around at a 150 degree angle, LOL!!! It was intense. ANd that was without the bar. But it was good, I survived, and I think that doing it with a partner is my best chance to do it for the full 90 days! So... make sure you don''t have anything big or wedding related planned for the week that you start. You hit so many muscle groups that you are bound to be sore city!
14.gif

I did start Jillian with 5lb weights, because it was all we had. I could hang, barely, but sacrificing form. I think after a week or so, I would adjust to it and be fine.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:02:59 AM
Author: trillionaire
for a pull up bar, you can get one of the iron gym ones at any pharmacy store (Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc) They are usually $20-30, and that is what I suggested to SO. He ordered me a fancy one online and spent like $70!
23.gif

When I started P90X the first time, I used the resistance bands and was STILL sore as all get out. I felt pretty good after the first couple of days, you know, the ''sore but accomplished'' feeling. Well, that then turned to, I can barely move, and then, I literally could not stand up straight! I think the yoga was working my back stablizer muscles, which were really weak. I was walking around at a 150 degree angle, LOL!!! It was intense. ANd that was without the bar. But it was good, I survived, and I think that doing it with a partner is my best chance to do it for the full 90 days! So... make sure you don''t have anything big or wedding related planned for the week that you start. You hit so many muscle groups that you are bound to be sore city!
14.gif

I did start Jillian with 5lb weights, because it was all we had. I could hang, barely, but sacrificing form. I think after a week or so, I would adjust to it and be fine.
I bought this for FI for Christmas...it works REALLY well. The only thing is, you need to make sure you''re moldings are solid, because otherwise it might crack your frame. My brother got it too and his cracked the door frame because it is a new bulding and the walls aren''t as sturdy.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add that I started the 30-day shred after one of the BWW (muffindowd...?) recommended it. It was fun, and was definitely a good morning workout before school. But a couple weeks into it I started feeling like I needed more. It''s still a nice little pick-me-up for when I''m feeling down and don''t want to schlep to the gym!

I did not lose 20 pounds in 30 days as the DVD case might suggest -- I actually don''t think I lost any weight, but then again it wasn''t a goal of mine to do so.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
ok, i''m getting this one now after all of your recommendations!

is there alot of jumping in it? or anything that my thumping around might wake up my downstairs neighbor if i did this at 5:30am before work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results