shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone Van Craeynest

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Hello folks. Here are some pics of an ('til now) apparently mythical VC 3-stone ring. Center is 3ct heated Sri Lankan blue (native cut and deep), sides are half carat each of F/G VS AGS0s. I'm not accustomed to wearing more hefty rings but, eh, let's just say I'm learning to tolerate it. :razz: The style no. is 968-3.

VC 3-stone Sapph 7.jpg

VC 3-stone Sapph 2.jpg

VC 3-stone Sapph 12.jpg

VC 3-stone Sapph 9.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes! love the details, and your sapphire is beautiful!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wow, love the details... it's so gorgeous!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sapphire is stunning. Can I ask where you got it?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous! I especially love how the little leafy details sweep up to the prongs.

Beautiful.

Sigh. I love Van Craeynest, and your sapphire is lovely.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that is a beautiful 3 stone and a gorgeous sapphire :love:

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! My wedding set is glowering jealously in its box now -- never thought I'd see the day hehe.

Gypsy, you can indeed. The sapphire was found at Gamini Gems in Colombo, Sri Lanka. AFAIK they're willing to handle enquiry by 'phone but their tech savv-iness is a bit hard to judge from the website, anyway. :razz: My DH says their pricing strategies are set in anything but stone, so it might be worth a long-distance look overall!

Aoife, your spectacular pink-sapphire ring inspired an effort to fit this sapph into the same style, but the oval shape is out (I was willing to live with some distortion, Larry wasn't! :) ) It's interesting that you'd note the leaf-sweep details -- these were executed as free-hand sculpture (the die shape is for a simpler affair).

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Be still my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I love the detail.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG! It IS breathtaking! More pics please! Congrats on your new heirloom! :love: :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's stunning! I love the way the stones look set in yellow gold!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
purplesilk|1316763004|3023660 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth!!! love love love!!! This has to be one of my new favorite sapphire rings! :love: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will agree that Opulent is a fantastic descriptor. This ring is absolutely magnificent!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That ring is a work of art! Absolutely beautiful :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing that comes out of VC disappoints and your ring is no exception. Simply stunning, definitely a work of Art!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG....that is stunning!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Opulent indeed! It's stunning!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. Just WOW. I love VC and that is stunning!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I love the gold coloring with the blue and white stones, I'm in the process of working on my three stone oval blue sapphire as well with round side stones and am having difficultyn with metal color since I'm really a yellow gold lover,,, anyways seeing your ring, has made me more positive to go with Yellow gold! :love: :love: :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning and Classic! Lovely details! Enjoy!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful ring - wow!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1316783935|3023764 said:
Nothing that comes out of VC disappoints and your ring is no exception. Simply stunning, definitely a work of Art!!

What she said!

cheers--Sharon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! Every time I see a VC piece, I'm struck by their commitment to quality and design. It's one of the only contemporary companies I can think of that William Morris would approve of ....

Sparklee

Rough_Rock
I'm swooning........

swoon.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Aeolianarpa|1316751071|3023603 said:
Thank you ladies! My wedding set is glowering jealously in its box now -- never thought I'd see the day hehe.

Gypsy, you can indeed. The sapphire was found at Gamini Gems in Colombo, Sri Lanka. AFAIK they're willing to handle enquiry by 'phone but their tech savv-iness is a bit hard to judge from the website, anyway. :razz: My DH says their pricing strategies are set in anything but stone, so it might be worth a long-distance look overall!

Aoife, your spectacular pink-sapphire ring inspired an effort to fit this sapph into the same style, but the oval shape is out (I was willing to live with some distortion, Larry wasn't! :) ) It's interesting that you'd note the leaf-sweep details -- these were executed as free-hand sculpture (the die shape is for a simpler affair).

That's such a sweet compliment, Aeolianarpa. All of us who adore VC seem to be in the business of enabling one another! This beautiful ring of yours makes me want to do another Van Craeynest project, too.

That's fascinating about the free-hand execution of the leafy details. Were you able to look at all of the 3-stone dies before you made your choice? I'd love to hear details of your process.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring with exceptional detail! I love it! It's a big 'ol WOW!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sparklee|1316797325|3023926 said:
I'm swooning........

Me too! You have some of the most beautiful rings Aeolianarpa! Your photos are stunning too. Enjoy your new lovely!

Aven

Rough_Rock
WOW! that is one stunning piece of jewelry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results