shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone Van Craeynest

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, what a show-stoppingly gorgeous ring! beautiful beyond words! enjoy!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! :love: VC

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is crazy stunning!

I can't tell you how much I covet that ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I love all of the detail. It is a work of art.

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful I just LOVE yellow gold, so rich with that beautiful blue :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW.

What a work of art :love: :love: :love: :love:

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this ring is truly stunning! :love: I really love the swirls and leafy details -- they're divine. Enjoy!!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! The blue sapphire is truly dreamy. And the setting is just magnificent!
The stone and setting work together so well, you are so lucky to have such a masterpiece!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! Congrats!! :appl:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Wow beautiful from every angle! I love the way the head and prongs cradle your stones, that is the only thing I dislike with some of the VC settings but yours is perfect!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Wow ladies, thank you all for the lovely comments, and sorry for the tardy reply! My DH is chuffed to bits with the responses, as he came across the sapphire after an epic struggle against huge windows, extinction and poor saturation (or so he un-dramatically tells me ;-) ).

LOL, 'opulent' does do the trick with this -- feeling a bit self-conscious with it for now, at least. Unforeseen consequences for the lose! :razz:

Yenny
! Thank you, I thought this might help fill in the time 'til the SS masterpiece lands. :Up_to_something: Will attach a couple of new pics at the end here.

D&T, I have no doubts your ring will be cracking with yellow gold -- though from this experiment I think white gold could do better if the sapph has any grey undertones to it? Looking forward to seeing the end result in any case! :)

Circe, heheh, Morris could be a patron saint of the VC endeavor! Am absolutely gagging to see your new acquisition up close. I suspect it has illegally strong dream-inducing properties!

Aoife, we certainly are in the business of inspiring :naughty: each other, and I'm very grateful for that! Could never have fulfilled my adornment-ideals without the VC enthusiasts of PS. To nail the 3-stone design, Larry did up a few sketches from the old dies and sent them for us to look at. From there he proposed some changes (to the area with the free-hand work -- which was empty, and the area underneath that, for extra embellishment) which we agreed to and off he went. Because we trust their artistic judgment and skill the effort was painless (I think this is the greatest luxury of all the apparent luxuries of VC pieces!).

Coati, thank you -- that's some compliment, coming from yourself! (Though the photography is mostly the camera's achievement, believe me! :razz:)

Boom, thank you. I am indeed lucky to have this. It definitely fits into the 'beyond the wildest dream' category for me!

Natascha, thank you! I get what you're saying, the 4-prong heads can look a bit perfunctory -- these were die-struck together for all stones and are the smallest prongs I've seen so far. BTW, have seen your sapphire-replacement idea and it looks like it's going to be a-mazing -- good luck with the project!

Couple more pics:

VC 3-stone Sapph 3of4.jpg

VC 3-stone Sapph Side.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, stunning!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, just where WAS I on Sept. 27th?? :o ? I must have been in a coma or something!

That belongs in a museum. Looks like a princess ring. Incredible, as usual!! :love: And that sapphire, just wow!

I am hoping I'll be getting a much simpler VC in the near future. I feel like one day it will be a lost art.

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on a stunning ring. What an elegant vintage look - wear it in good health! And thanks for posting the photos - they are definitely inspiring! :- )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results