shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone ring setting

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up my ring from fed ex this morning.

I have been over analyzing this setting. It seems to me that my setting has the side stones fanned out more, still tilted though. In comparison to the profile BGD emailed me in the photo above. I don't see just some of the side diamonds but the entire diameter. IDK. Maybe im seeing things. Could be an illusion.

Attaching photos of the profile and head on.

3-d.jpg

_37359.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree with you. The side stones are set higher than the original picture. Not a bad thing but if you want it to look more like the picture, contact them and send it back. Is it possible that your side stones are larger than those pictured? Really shouldn't make a difference unless they thought the angle of the stones wouldn't look right.

Your new ring looks beautiful on your hand though - aside from the difference, how are you feeling about it face on?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful proportions of the diamonds! I need to go back and find your diamond sizes now!

Okay, center is 6.3mm and what size are the sides? I really love the size of the sides and the finger coverage! But I agree with MGR that if you think it is higher than the original, I would talk to them. I think your side stones are larger and that is part of the difference.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1464454189|4037376 said:
Yes, I agree with you. The side stones are set higher than the original picture. Not a bad thing but if you want it to look more like the picture, contact them and send it back. Is it possible that your side stones are larger than those pictured? Really shouldn't make a difference unless they thought the angle of the stones wouldn't look right.

Your new ring looks beautiful on your hand though - aside from the difference, how are you feeling about it face on?

Honestly, MGR, I was blown away when I opened the box and speechless.

I have .65ctw side diamonds which are a little larger than the BGD photo so maybe right about angle being slightly altered to accommodate the larger side stones. I am actually ecstatic that the side stone turned out this way. Its like I have the best of both worlds because I loved the trellis setting and loved the flow of this setting. The diamonds are set higher than I am used to. Im coming from uprong bands with low set 26point /40point stones.

Thank you!!! I thinks it looks awesome on my hand too!! I love that it looks like a ring and not a band.

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts, input, and opinions. This is 3 stone is a home run!!! :dance:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1464455004|4037379 said:
Wow, beautiful proportions of the diamonds! I need to go back and find your diamond sizes now!

Okay, center is 6.3mm and what size are the sides? I really love the size of the sides and the finger coverage! But I agree with MGR that if you think it is higher than the original, I would talk to them. I think your side stones are larger and that is part of the difference.

Thank you DS!!!

The sides are .65ctw, about 4.4mm each

Seems like the center could be lowered about 1-2mm. But actually at the height they mounted the center i can see the girdle, i like that. This setting is so different than what im used to but exactly what I wanted at the same time. Im gonna love it just the way it is!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
side

3-f.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1464455263|4037385 said:
MissGotRocks|1464454189|4037376 said:

Honestly, MGR, I was blown away when I opened the box and speechless.

I have .65ctw side diamonds which are a little larger than the BGD photo so maybe right about angle being slightly altered to accommodate the larger side stones. I am actually ecstatic that the side stone turned out this way. Its like I have the best of both worlds because I loved the trellis setting and loved the flow of this setting. The diamonds are set higher than I am used to. Im coming from uprong bands with low set 26point /40point stones.

Thank you!!! I thinks it looks awesome on my hand too!! I love that it looks like a ring and not a band.

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts, input, and opinions. This is 3 stone is a home run!!! :dance:

So glad to hear you say that - I was afraid that you didn't like the new ring because it didn't 100% mirror the sample image.

It is beautiful and I am so happy for you that you are so thrilled and excited! Enjoy it - a show stopper for sure!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not lower the center stone. I believe the height of the center to the sides is perfect!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it is beautiful!!! Love the proportions, it looks gorgeous on you!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling, I *love* your new 3-stone! The proportions are dynamite, with great finger coverage (read: bling) while still being a graceful ring -- home run indeed!

And, not sure if I missed it in this thread, but what is the ring size of this beauty?

eta: Okay, I just read your SMTB thread and found the answer - ring size 7 - thanks again for sharing your new BGD Diana ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results