shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone ring question

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I am dying to have a RB 3 stone diamond trellis ring . after reading so many good reviews about BGD ,I would like to try them . within my budget I can get a ( 0.40,0.75,0.40 ) H ,SI2 their signature stones .
at the same time I am really longing for colorless D/E/F stones since the highest I have is a G ( AGS ,WF studs ) .
so I can get (0.30,0.60,0.30 ) E/F ,VS BGD signature stones .

but I am afraid the ring will be too small for my 7.5 finger (I plan to wear it as RHR ).

another option is that I go with another vendor like IDJ and search for D/E/F diamonds and ask for Idealscope or Aset images .

any opinions ?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think it's worth checking out IDJ and then you can make a more informed decision about the tradeoffs. The price difference may not be worth the extra size...or may?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you thought about trading in your WF studs so you can get credit in order to purchase larger BGD signature stones that meet your color/clarity requirements? BGD will allow for trade in of certain ACA's from WF during Brian's tenure there. You can always go w/ a lower color/clarity on studs later on.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I wish that was possible ! but I bought my WF studs earlier this year .

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3 stone trellis almost exactly the same size (.78ct center and .41/.42 on the sides). Mine have a pretty large color difference though- center is E and the sides are H.

The one thing I should mention is that you should be sure you like that ratio, where the sides are very similar to the middle. Many people (most, it seems) prefer smaller sides so the center stone stands out.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1313692204|2993546 said:
I have a 3 stone trellis almost exactly the same size (.78ct center and .41/.42 on the sides). Mine have a pretty large color difference though- center is E and the sides are H.

The one thing I should mention is that you should be sure you like that ratio, where the sides are very similar to the middle. Many people (most, it seems) prefer smaller sides so the center stone stands out.

I agree with this. many people actually think that smaller side stones make the bigger center stone stand-out more and look bigger. Maybe you can decrease the side stone size and up the color??

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your replies .
logan sapphire can you post pics of your ring and what is your ring size ? Thanks .

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
wow your ring is very pretty ! and it spans your finger perfectly .that's what I want ,but my finger is double yours at 7.5 .

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
logan sappire sorry to bother you again ,but do you see any color difference between the center E diamond and the H sides ?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I do see a slight color difference btwn the stones from the side, but not from the top. And I only see the difference if I stick my eye up to it and stare.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results