shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone proportion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

concun

Shiny_Rock
I have an e-stone 0.7 and think about making a 3 stone ring with my earing'' stones 0.46 ea. My ring size is 5.25. I wonder if the side stones this big is going to overpower the center stone which I love very much. If yes, what size of the side stones should be? I want it look like a 3 stone ring, don''t want it too small to look just like a setting for the center stone KWIM...

Thanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you know what the diameter ratio would be (just calculate it) you can use this chart to see what it might look like.

3stones.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I like the 84% ratio. sorry to sound completely daft, but how EXACTLY would you calculate such a ratio? (don''t mind me, I was a humanities major!!) I''m guessing... measure the diam in mm, and find the smaller diam as a percentage of the larger?
It''s embarrassing putting my ignorance on international display!
6.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
No...wait...hm, now I think I like the 76%!!
Looks like this is going to be a hard choice!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 4:00:11 AM
Author: LaraOnline
I like the 84% ratio. sorry to sound completely daft, but how EXACTLY would you calculate such a ratio? (don't mind me, I was a humanities major!!) I'm guessing... measure the diam in mm, and find the smaller diam as a percentage of the larger?
It's embarrassing putting my ignorance on international display!
6.gif
English Major, History Minor. I assumed that someone else would do that. LOL. I think though, that you take the mm of the larger and divide it into the smaller. I like the .62, personally.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m LOVING the 62% ratio... really allows the center stone to POP
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results