shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone OEC CADs from David Klass.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I have CADs! The first picture is what they sent me. I asked that they modify it for round stones, and turn the middle to 6 prongs. In doing so, the angular petals seemed to have rounded off. I'm going to ask that they make it more angular like the original. Might also have the center raised just a tad bit.

Is there anything else I might have missed? Not so good at reading CADS.

Thanks!

_36212.jpg

dk_3_stone_profile_2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Think I'm also going to have them widen the shank by .75mm all over. Right now the bottom is 1.6mm. The base of the basket is too skinny and the ring is too top heavy so it'll probably spin a lot. That will widen the basket and make it look more like the original. I feel like the petals in the current version looks too skinny.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no CAD expert either but I'm thinking if they do raise the center stone a bit they would have to tuck the end stones under a little which may give you back the angle you are looking for. At any rate, can't wait to see it - love the six prongs on the center stone and there are very few three stone mountings that can do that and look good - you might be on to something fabulous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Congrats! So excited for you. I have no idea about CADs, but can't wait to see the finished product.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I think it can be raised a bit. Very exciting project! Can't wait to see it completed! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results