shape
carat
color
clarity

3-Prong setting for earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thelostgarden

Rough_Rock
I'm soliciting any comments on 3-prong settings for diamond stud earrings.
I am considering purchase of a matching pair of 1.75 ct round (ideal) diamonds. My wife has tried different mountings at local jewelry stores and likes the 3 prong setting - It does not hang down like a 4-prong, basket setting. We don't think a bezel setting would do justice to a real nice pair of stones. Would anyone like to comment on the pros/cons of the 3-prong setting. I understand that one jeweler (Cliot sp?) originated the design - although many others are beginning to copy. Any comments on security, look, resale value, etc would be appreciated. For what it's worth, she is petite (85 lb/4'-11"), with short hair.

bacon

Rough_Rock
you said it Steve.This is one time I think 3 prongs are good. She will stop traffic in those beauties!!!!You will be so proud!!!!!!Joe

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The 3 prong setting is a great look! In earrings I wouldn't worry about being hard on them. Resale, really doesn't matter as the diamonds are the real value.I like your choice!Steve------------------

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Thelostgarden,Thanks for posting your question. I'm sure the experts here will give you good advice.Pair of 1.75 ct ideals - should be something!
lickout.gif

thelostgarden

Rough_Rock
Leonid, SteveL & Bacon:
Thank you for your replies. I look forward to receiving the diamonds and will follow up on my search/find

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Go for it! They look great and are as safe as 4 prongs.
dimonbob

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results