Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

3-Prong setting for earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thelostgarden

Rough_Rock
I'm soliciting any comments on 3-prong settings for diamond stud earrings.
I am considering purchase of a matching pair of 1.75 ct round (ideal) diamonds. My wife has tried different mountings at local jewelry stores and likes the 3 prong setting - It does not hang down like a 4-prong, basket setting. We don't think a bezel setting would do justice to a real nice pair of stones. Would anyone like to comment on the pros/cons of the 3-prong setting. I understand that one jeweler (Cliot sp?) originated the design - although many others are beginning to copy. Any comments on security, look, resale value, etc would be appreciated. For what it's worth, she is petite (85 lb/4'-11"), with short hair.

bacon

Rough_Rock
you said it Steve.This is one time I think 3 prongs are good. She will stop traffic in those beauties!!!!You will be so proud!!!!!!Joe

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The 3 prong setting is a great look! In earrings I wouldn't worry about being hard on them. Resale, really doesn't matter as the diamonds are the real value.I like your choice!Steve------------------

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Thelostgarden,Thanks for posting your question. I'm sure the experts here will give you good advice.Pair of 1.75 ct ideals - should be something!

thelostgarden

Rough_Rock
Leonid, SteveL & Bacon:
Thank you for your replies. I look forward to receiving the diamonds and will follow up on my search/find

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.