shape
carat
color
clarity

3 down, 2 to go - finding matching OECs

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
About a year ago, I purchased a set of two small OECs with the idea of eventually making a graduated 5-stone ring. I haven't been able to find another pair but have just bought another stone, mainly because it seemed like a great match and was a good deal. The stone is set in a ring and I don't know the exact measurements. I have calipers but I don't really trust myself with the measurements as they seem a little off each time but it's around 4.5-4.6mm. So how would you go about finding a matching stone? Should I have it taken out of the setting, measured and appraised and then try to find one with those exact parameters? I sort of feel like I'd be looking for a needle in a haystack and wonder if it's even realistic to find an exact match on Ebay. I'm not in a hurry and have plenty of time, I just don't know if I want to spend a lot of it on shipping stones back and forth.

My other question is about the 5th stone. If the smallest ones are 4mm and the middle about 4.5, should I be looking for approximately a 5mm stone for the center? Here are the 3 I have so far.

_6751.jpg

040.jpg

060.jpg

_6752.jpg

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks audball! That stone would've been perfect if only it were higher in color. Mine are about H, do I'd need something closer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results