shape
carat
color
clarity

3 diamonds. Two days to pick one. PLEASE HELP!!

Amyzee

Rough_Rock
Hi
I have three diamonds to choose from and 48 hours to decide.
I was only able to collect HCA score on one of them and then ran out of credits. Please help me pick! Thank you!

1.3 H VVS1(0.3 HCA)
A88A88C4-D09C-48B4-B002-353D5500D2E1.jpeg

1.42 I VS1

89F96AA4-88F7-4F16-80F7-3FA74918403B.jpeg

1.44 I VVS2

DE22C287-474B-4A6A-8864-C0A8BF887CED.jpeg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I would recommend doing a search for PS recommend specs and see which falls closest to them. I'd also look at an ASET if one is available and photos.

I wouldn't feel pressured to make a decision, there are so many diamonds out there, you want to feel comfortable with the one you buy.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA of the other two are 2.4 and 2.3. I’d pass on both of those but the H might be worth considering. Why the urgency? This is a big purchase for anyone.

If you like, tell us your budget and we can help you out x

PS just so you know, a quick search on the Resources tab above revealed 44 stones with good HCA scores, all within the specs you are considering. They range from about $8-12K in price.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Based on numbers alone, diamond 1 is the best of the three. But pics, videos and ideally advanced images (IS, ASET, Hearts & Arrows) are needed to make a better judgement.

Amyzee

Rough_Rock
HCA of the other two are 2.4 and 2.3. I’d pass on both of those but the H might be worth considering. Why the urgency? This is a big purchase for anyone.

If you like, tell us your budget and we can help you out x

PS just so you know, a quick search on the Resources tab above revealed 44 stones with good HCA scores, all within the specs you are considering. They range from about $8-12K in price.

Thank you so much. My budget is under 9k. My original purchase from BN (1.5ct,H, VS2) had a hazy/milky appearance therefore I had to send it back. I have been researching every single day for weeks now while waiting for the return/inspection process to complete. I finally picked the first one (1.3 H VVS1) as a replacement but due to bad experience the first time I don’t want to make the same mistake again. The reason I need to make a quick decision is because they will soon be getting ready to send me my new purchase. Exchanges are a pain and a hassle. I am so grateful I found this page.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much. My budget is under 9k. My original purchase from BN (1.5ct,H, VS2) had a hazy/milky appearance therefore I had to send it back. I have been researching every single day for weeks now while waiting for the return/inspection process to complete. I finally picked the first one (1.3 H VVS1) as a replacement but due to bad experience the first time I don’t want to make the same mistake again. The reason I need to make a quick decision is because they will soon be getting ready to send me my new purchase. Exchanges are a pain and a hassle. I am so grateful I found this page.

Can you just get a refund and go with a different vendor?

Amyzee

Rough_Rock
Based on numbers alone, diamond 1 is the best of the three. But pics, videos and ideally advanced images (IS, ASET, Hearts & Arrows) are needed to make a better judgement.

Here are the links for each For pictures. BN does not have ASET images or at least that’s what they told me. I did pick the first one as well after the vendor confirmed no BGM and clean to eye but since I have limited time to make my decision, I wanted to make the best decision. My purchase needs to be from Blue Nile because I’m exchanging my original 1.5ct stone due to milky hazy reasons. Thank you so much for your help.

Amyzee

Rough_Rock

After months of searching, I found BN customer service to be the nicest and most helpful both during purchase and exchange process. I haven’t been able to find a site that has so many filter options and easy access GIA reports. JA was another option but I hated that I had to request a GIA report to be emailed every time I found a new stone.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are the links for each For pictures. BN does not have ASET images or at least that’s what they told me. I did pick the first one as well after the vendor confirmed no BGM and clean to eye but since I have limited time to make my decision, I wanted to make the best decision. My purchase needs to be from Blue Nile because I’m exchanging my original 1.5ct stone due to milky hazy reasons. Thank you so much for your help.

Of the 3, diamond 1 has the best potential. I am not familiar with BN's return policy, but it seems if they sold you a milky, hazy stone you should be entitled to a refund rather than just an exchange, which based on your comments is within a limited time-frame. Seems like a very poor policy. If you are not happy with BN's selection, that's what I would push for. GL

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.3 looks lovely but do you really need VVS1? Maybe you could go bigger if you go down to VS1. Mine is a gorgeous SI 1.

Amyzee

Rough_Rock
Of the 3, diamond 1 has the best potential. I am not familiar with BN's return policy, but it seems if they sold you a milky, hazy stone you should be entitled to a refund rather than just an exchange, which based on your comments is within a limited time-frame. Seems like a very poor policy. If you are not happy with BN's selection, that's what I would push for. GL

Thank you. Yes they would refund me if I wanted but I am also super excited to get a new ring. The GIA report did mention “clarity based on clouds” which I didn’t realize meant the stone would most likely have a hazy appearance. The picture itself showed a film on the stone which I failed to recognize as well as it was my first online purchase. After a lot of research, I think I know what to avoid.
I mainly looked into buying from BN or James Allen so far based on recommendations. I just researched on PS under resources (didn’t realize there was an option) but after applying all the filters, nothing popped up in my budget. I really appreciate your advice. Thank you so much. If there are any other sites you suggest, please share. I can look into it.

Amyzee

Rough_Rock
The 1.3 looks lovely but do you really need VVS1? Maybe you could go bigger if you go down to VS1. Mine is a gorgeous SI 1.

yes I totally agree but I was not able to finda good one. Personally I wouldn’t mind a 1.5ct in SI1 but was not able to find one. :(

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could consider a superideal cut e.g.

or this might be worth a look,

both of these companies have excellent upgrade policies so you would be able to move up in size in the future if you wanted.

jasper

Shiny_Rock
My guess is that stone #1 and stone #2 have optimal crown angles and table ratios for their pavillion angles and girdle thicknesses. Both give up some fire for extra brilliance; stone #2 does this more than stone #1. Stone #3 is a bit on the steep-deep side, so I won't discuss it further.

If compared side-by-side, stone #2 would be visibly larger than stone #1. Stone #2 might also be visibly yellower than stone #1.

Based on your concern about "milkiness" in another stone (which is a clarity problem that causes a perceived loss of fire and/or scintillation), my guess is that you would be more likely to be happy with stone #1 than stone #2. Stone #1 has a better clarity grade, and its cut is designed to be a bit more fiery than stone #2.

L

lydial

I like the H 1.3. That would be my pick.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
of the 3 to choose from, i favor the h color vvs 1.3ct diamond

Amyzee

Rough_Rock
My guess is that stone #1 and stone #2 have optimal crown angles and table ratios for their pavillion angles and girdle thicknesses. Both give up some fire for extra brilliance; stone #2 does this more than stone #1. Stone #3 is a bit on the steep-deep side, so I won't discuss it further.

If compared side-by-side, stone #2 would be visibly larger than stone #1. Stone #2 might also be visibly yellower than stone #1.

Based on your concern about "milkiness" in another stone (which is a clarity problem that causes a perceived loss of fire and/or scintillation), my guess is that you would be more likely to be happy with stone #1 than stone #2. Stone #1 has a better clarity grade, and its cut is designed to be a bit more fiery than stone #2.

Thank you so much!!! ! I decided to go with stone number one.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should be beautiful , congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results