shape
carat
color
clarity

3 ctw round eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOOWWWW!!! Beautiful!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE it with your Ering, too!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful, LoveDeco! I think it looks fantastic with your e-ring, but it also looks amazing as a standalone ring. It looks wonderfully sparkly!

What is the ct weight of each stone, if you don''t mind me asking? The size looks so nice and substantial on you.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
That is seriously one gorgeous band. I also love the way it looks with your e-ring.

I''m with ya Kcoursolle. First thing I thought after I stopped drooling was wishing mine was an enternity.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I LOVE IT!!! Looks amazing on your hand. We need more close up/side shots though!! lol

Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ps- are the stones prong set?
2.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Seeker- thanks!! my ring size is a 6. It''s a hair loose but I think that''s good so I can grow into it over time. I may have beads put on the inside if it still feels loose in the summer time when I actually get to wear it!

Miss Fortune- thank you! I adooore your gorgeous pieces! It''s fun to wear the ering on the right, I think, too. Something about the asscher, it just looks best alone. The beauty is what you see IN it, so when you put a whole bunch with it it looses it''s personality and individuality. Or, maybe I''m just used to wearing it alone and that''s how I''m accustomed to seeing it?
28.gif

Here is a link to my original ering threads, hope it works. I had the prongs polished down and reshaped after my fiance proposed, that''s why there are two threads.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-71-asscher-loooots-of-pictures.86696/

Kcourselle- thank you! yours is a stunner!

Sharon- definitely stop by Stein Diamonds when you are in LA. You''ll be happy with the prices!

Coati- Thank you!

luvmyhalo- Thanks! haha. You''re hilarious! Maybe I will get used to the look. Then I could get something else eventually for my right hand.
31.gif

SanDiegoLady- Thank you! I looove your taste!

LuckyTexan- thank you! I''ll try to take some side shots today, as well as some sun shots.

Honey- thanks! I agree, I''m going to wait definitely to wear it. I think I was just SO excited at first!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunningly beautiful!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
DandiAndi- Thank you!

Kittybean- Thanks! I think I counted 20 stones so they are .15 ct each? could that be about right?

ElleChris- Thank you! I feel very lucky! I''m going to try for some sun shots today!

Dani- Thanks! yes, they are shared prong.

Thanks everyone! I never could have made this decision without all of you at PS! You helped me find what is out there and what I truly love! Thanks!
30.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mrssalvo, your pup is stunning too! If I had one of those, then I''d really feel like I have it all- a wonderful fiance, diamonds and a dog. perfect!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
I should add, for those of you looking to buy and are using my ring size and ctw as a guide, I have crazy long fingers! I never will have good coverage, unless I get about 10 rings to stack! I''m somewhat tall, so that''s probably why. Size 6 on regular fingers would look even bigger!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love them alone and I love them together as well!! Absolutely beautiful! I''m sure the appt. with the appraiser will go very well--CONGRATS!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Looks absolutely amazing, both in combination and each one separate. I love it. Congratulations!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you NE Lady and mscushion!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2009 10:38:47 PM
Author: LoveDeco
Thank you so much Sharon! I did a decent amount of research before buying. I obviously checked all the PS vendors and looked into the facets collection. The problem was that I wanted a 3ctw band and we really could only afford a 2ctw band. My fiance was willing to stretch because he agreed that the 3 ctw really held its own my hand and could be worn alone, as I intend to do. He didn''t want me to buy a smaller band that I''d later want to replace. Still, the 3 ctw was out of our price range everywhere we looked locally and online.

I had stumbled upon Stein Diamonds way back and checked their site again. Because they are a B&M jewelry store, not solely an online retailer, we thought there''d maybe be some give in the price, especially considering the current economy. We called and asked a lot of questions regarding return policy, quality of diamonds...etc and they were so nice to deal with! One thing that concerned me was that the return policy for eternity bands is not very long. We explained to them that we were concerned about buying site unseen and had them send an immediate written email documentation that we could extend the return policy to two weeks if the appraisal came out different than what they claimed. They assured us it had never been a problem so they were happy to give us extra time. We negotiated the price, not very hard, truthfully, and offered to buy my fiance''s plain platinum 5mm wedding band at the same time for even further discount. We ended up getting both of them for a phenomenal price!!!!!

The box arrived four or five days later and we were very pleased!!! The boxes are high quality and the rings are perfect! I am taking the band to get appraised tomorrow so I''ll DEF let you know if it''s anything other than what Stein Diamonds claimed (G SI1 3ctw platinum).

Also, I''m pretty picky about quality of diamonds and I can definitely tell that the stones are gorgeous! Some bands I looked at that ran less than WF, bluenile, etc looked just blah, not sparkly, etc. This one''s a sparkler!

Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!
Congrats on your new eternity. It''s really gorgeous!!

I noticed Stein diamonds on the web about two years ago, but I was hesitant to buy anything from them because no one ever talked about them before. I''m very anxious to know what the appraiser says tomorrow because Stein has had some lovely pieces in the past and I would love to try them. Good luck with your appraisal and enjoy your new ring. It''s a stunner!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Well.... you get what you pay for! I took the band to three different jewelers in the Boston Diamond Bldgs and all three said the same thing. Consensus: very well made band, excellent stones (F-G VS), 2.4 ctw. So... I thought I was getting G SI1 3 ctw. The good news is that the ring is gorgeous and I''m glad to hear it''s well made. Also, they all suggested a price that was higher than what we paid, not by much, but $500. So we did not overpay, in fact we still got a good deal on the ring. The obvious bad news is that it''s nowhere NEAR 3ctw. I told the jewelers who were appraising that it was not for insurance purposes, I explained to them exactly why I wanted the appraisal so I think they were being pretty honest.

My fiance is going to call Stein tonight and I''ll keep everyone posted. It''s fully returnable, so I can definitely do that. I think we''d probably return it because we can get one locally that can be custom made for us for a similar price. That way we can always go back to the jeweler if stones are loose or something happens to it.

On the other hand, I do love it and I''m happy with the size. I don''t feel like I need it to be any bigger. I just feel badly about it that it''s not what they say it is.

Last picture...

zc45.jpg

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh, do you have any hand shots of your 3ctw eternity so I can get a sense of the difference? What''s your ring size? I''m a 6.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 9:05:05 AM
Diamond Seeker- thanks!! my ring size is a 6. It's a hair loose but I think that's good so I can grow into it over time. I may have beads put on the inside if it still feels loose in the summer time when I actually get to wear it!

Miss Fortune- thank you! I adooore your gorgeous pieces! It's fun to wear the ering on the right, I think, too. Something about the asscher, it just looks best alone. The beauty is what you see IN it, so when you put a whole bunch with it it looses it's personality and individuality. Or, maybe I'm just used to wearing it alone and that's how I'm accustomed to seeing it?
28.gif

Here is a link to my original ering threads, hope it works. I had the prongs polished down and reshaped after my fiance proposed, that's why there are two threads.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-71-asscher-loooots-of-pictures.86696/

Kcourselle- thank you! yours is a stunner!

Sharon- definitely stop by Stein Diamonds when you are in LA. You'll be happy with the prices!

Coati- Thank you!

luvmyhalo- Thanks! haha. You're hilarious! Maybe I will get used to the look. Then I could get something else eventually for my right hand.
31.gif

SanDiegoLady- Thank you! I looove your taste!

LuckyTexan- thank you! I'll try to take some side shots today, as well as some sun shots.

Honey- thanks! I agree, I'm going to wait definitely to wear it. I think I was just SO excited at first!

2.71 asscher!! Whoa! G/VS2
30.gif
Wow! that's my next project! upgrading my asscher ER in the next few years! I would love to have a 2.71!! perfect size! because our ER's are 3 stone, I think it's easier to wear as a RHR - solitaire's not so much. Your new band looks great alone OR with your ER!!
18.gif

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 2:24:11 PM
Well.... you get what you pay for! I took the band to three different jewelers in the Boston Diamond Bldgs and all three said the same thing. Consensus: very well made band, excellent stones (F-G VS), 2.4 ctw. So... I thought I was getting G SI1 3 ctw. The good news is that the ring is gorgeous and I''m glad to hear it''s well made. Also, they all suggested a price that was higher than what we paid, not by much, but $500. So we did not overpay, in fact we still got a good deal on the ring. The obvious bad news is that it''s nowhere NEAR 3ctw. I told the jewelers who were appraising that it was not for insurance purposes, I explained to them exactly why I wanted the appraisal so I think they were being pretty honest.

My fiance is going to call Stein tonight and I''ll keep everyone posted. It''s fully returnable, so I can definitely do that. I think we''d probably return it because we can get one locally that can be custom made for us for a similar price. That way we can always go back to the jeweler if stones are loose or something happens to it.

On the other hand, I do love it and I''m happy with the size. I don''t feel like I need it to be any bigger. I just feel badly about it that it''s not what they say it is.

Last picture...

2.4 ct and 3ct is a big difference! I hope you get it figured out.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Me too! Also, Miss Fortune, initially I thought my ering was G/VS2 (as it says in the original post) because that''s what we looked at when we looked together. He ultimately picked the stone and did it all as a surprise and since our engagement, I have found out it''s actually H VS2. He ended up going a little larger and dropped to the H color. He was all worried to tell me, poor thing thought I''d be upset! It''s beautiful and I could not be happier! And I definitely like the extra size! Your upgrade project will be very fun!! I love your collection!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
yum!
18.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING
30.gif
30.gif
Looks great on your hand too!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful band!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Sorry the band was not the carat weight you thought. I''d call Stein and see what''s up. It might have been an honest mistake. But the band sure is lovely!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Bia, Amber, Musey and MMMD. I''m probably going to use the "honest mistake" concept as my approach when we call. Try to let them fix it before we get upset.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I cant wait for you to get tp the bottom of this!!!!!!

To be honest I was confused at how the total carat weight of 3 carats is known, especially as fingers will vary in size. In your case are the jewellers saying that each stone is 12 pointers instead of 15 pointers? And does the width of the band tend to support the fact that the stones are 15 pointers or 12 pointers? To me this last question is the most important...ie. what size diamonds have been used.

My husband is a jeweller and he says that it is extreemly difficult to estimate the weight of these small set diamonds. Once set, they are hard to measure with certainty.

But having said that, it would be easy to see a difference between 12 pointers and 15 pointers!!!!

Good luck with your investigations.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a STUNNER!!!!! I think both your rings look fabulous together! I would wear it that way every day!!!! There is no such thing as too much sparkle in my book. Your e-ring is amazing as well. I wouldnt wear it before the wedding either but it would have to be hidden really good so I could not find it. I have found
my husbands hiding places for the last two rings he bought me and wore them everyday he was at work! Dont tell him though he never knew! Your rings are
definitely a WOW!!!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness is that ever magnificent! I hope everything sorts itself out but boy would I have a hard time giving that back. It''s glorious on you.
30.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read your last posts-I am so sorry that it was not what it said. I have had that problem with a ring I bought from signed pieces. I kept it though. The ring
is perfect with your set- so I hope you can get it worked out to get exactly what you want. Dont be discouraged, it will all work out in the end.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your support! I''ll keep you posted!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very nice!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results