shape
carat
color
clarity

3 ctw round eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
your band...your e-ring...they''re so lovely! i''m so jealous! really, how do you get anything done with so much sparkling off your finger?? ^_~ i wear my eternity band on my wedding finger and i''m not even engaged yet. i''ve heard about the superstition about wearing your wedding band early and even though i can be superstitious, i love the ring too much. i do like the idea of just wearing it around the house and then saving it''s "coming out" on the big day. in any case, wear it in good health!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you snlee, Canuk, and Vip!

We spoke to Stein last night and they were nice. Someone higher up is calling my fiance back today.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful band, I hope all turns out well with the difference in caratage!

It looks lovely with your ER, I love Asschers!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2009 9:01:03 AM
Author: LoveDeco
Thank you snlee, Canuk, and Vip!

We spoke to Stein last night and they were nice. Someone higher up is calling my fiance back today.
I personally hope they will volunteer to send you the three carat eternity that you ordered and paid for. That''s the only way they can redeem themselves I think. If they want the "sale" to remain a sale, they''ll do just that or else that beautiful ring will wind up a "return".

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Im guessing that the ring is closer to 3 carats than the other estimates. Obviously an eternity band cannot be the same caratage for every finger size (in the one size of diamonds). Im guessing that this ring would be 3 carats for a size 8 but less for a size 5.

The 3 carat ring on their site is 3.7 mm wide and that means that the diamonds really should be 15 pointers or more each. Thus, the ring at 20 stones should be close or equal to 3 carats.

Obviously I am as curious as everyone for the correct answer here.....and wishing the poster luck with the outcome.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that''s a wedding band!!!!!

I love the set together!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you StepCut, tlh, gemgirl, laurenthepartier!

I am so anxious for my fiance to come home. I know he was in meetings alllll afternoon and at a dinner tonight for something, so I''m dying to hear if he even had time to talk to the retailer.

will keep you posted!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Sharon- you are exactly right. I think the stones should be at LEAST 15 pointers, and I think the ones in my band are more like 12 or 13 according to the jewelers who took a look. The thing is, I LOVE the band! It''s GORGEOUS! And I was happy to hear that the jewelers all said it was well made and well set and that the diamonds were very high quality. We''ll see....

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I love it!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Porridge!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if this will help, but here is a picture of my 3ctw eternity. I think it's great alone, or with my wb and er--the wedding band acts as a buffer so the stones don't chew each other
1.gif
I'm a size 6.

ringsideps.jpg

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Love Deco, did the jewellers actually measure the diamonds with a didgital (or extreemly sensitive measuring tool).

The reason I ask is that without doing this, it is notoriously difficulte to measure with the eyes!!!!!

The side diamonds in my er setting actually graduate down in size....something that only came to my notice when I used a really precise measuring tool from my husband.
29.gif
And they are not meant to vary down like this!!!!

FWIW, other shops have told me that my side stones are less than 5 pointers, but I know they are 7 pointers because I measured them acurately to be 2.7 mm....(and the end ones are 2.6 mm).

So going by my experience, some settings can make a 5 pointer band look bigger than a 7 pointer band....and play tricks with your eyes. I wonder if the jewellers were mistaken if they were just guessing, or if they measured acurately.

I guess all will be revealed soon!!!

And btw, it is really comforting to know that the quality is great because that is a whole other worry hey? The band looks amazing on you!!!

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful eternity band and the engagement ring is absolutely stunnung!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers! I''d rock those babies on seperate hands because you''ve got enough bling for both! That band is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
classic and gorgeous!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you lil, kelli, kricket and violet!

Soooo.... good news everyone!! We finally were able to talk to the appropriate person at Stein and they are sending us a UPS label to return it and they are mailing us a new band. They claim it was a mistake, they mailed out three bands that day and think mine got mixed up. It''s hard to return it b/c it''s so pretty but the new one should be just as gorgeous!

yay! feel so relieved!!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
That is fantastic news.
36.gif
and I cant wait to see the next one that is even bigger!!!!!!

And Im trying to imagine the surprise of the person who recieved your band instead of the smaller one.
23.gif

I bet you are glad that you actually had the ring appraised. That was one expence that has certainly paid itself off!!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love it, so I can''t wait to see the bigger version!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that is good news! Can''t wait to see the new one!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 9:45:49 PM
Author: LoveDeco
Thank you lil, kelli, kricket and violet!

Soooo.... good news everyone!! We finally were able to talk to the appropriate person at Stein and they are sending us a UPS label to return it and they are mailing us a new band. They claim it was a mistake, they mailed out three bands that day and think mine got mixed up. It''s hard to return it b/c it''s so pretty but the new one should be just as gorgeous!

yay! feel so relieved!!
It''s really very nice to hear that they''re doing the right thing. Now they''re back in the running as another good source to buy from.

LD, let us know when you get your new ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results