shape
carat
color
clarity

3 colored diamonds in 3 stone rose gold ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay or Nay - honest opinions please. BTW, the middle diamond isn''t that dark, it''s the camera shadow on there.

Excuse the hair on the stone. This has got to be the most difficult thing I ever photographed in my life. I had to hold my breath taking the pictures.

TL_3diamond.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
More pictures?? But not if I have to give you CPR...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my finger - gosh that middle stone looks black, but it''s a very bright and sparkley stone - it''s just the camera shadow.

TL3diamond5.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK honest opinion for what mine is worth ha. I don''t care for yellow diamonds in rose gold, now that is just me.

They are beautiful diamonds though.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love it. I love the rose gold with the stones. But I''m love rose gold and haven''t seen too many colored stones that does look good in rose gold.
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . hairy stone. Thanks again for honest opinions. I might just do the three stone with a half carat yellow diamond I have in the middle and reserve the pink for it's own solitaire setting.

TL3diamond4.JPG

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly? Okay, I will say nay. Maybe it is just me, but I feel they are competing with each other, and the rose gold too.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, which do you like best???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not crazy about it to tell you the truth, but I just wanted to hear it from you guys as well. I think part of the problem is the setting itself, it''s cheap and it looks cheap.
14.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
TL, I hate to be negative but on this occasion it doesn''t float my boat hon. Is that setting 18K? I think you are creative enough to come up with a better combo. I''m guessing a green gold setting would have to be a custom job and then you''d be stuck with it, but I think the gold needs to recede more than this rose gold version does.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:03:48 AM
Author: Linda W
OK honest opinion for what mine is worth ha. I don''t care for yellow diamonds in rose gold, now that is just me.

They are beautiful diamonds though.
Ditto Linda. Where is the setting from?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto re everything competing....too busy.

mz

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:53:10 AM
Author: Gailey
TL, I hate to be negative but on this occasion it doesn''t float my boat hon. Is that setting 18K? I think you are creative enough to come up with a better combo. I''m guessing a green gold setting would have to be a custom job and then you''d be stuck with it, but I think the gold needs to recede more than this rose gold version does.
Soft, soft.

I don''t particularly like it either. Pink and yellow don''t do it for me, be it stone and stone or stone and metal.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I have to say nay too. Those diamonds deserve something better, and if you''d like to use all three in the same piece, I think going custom is probably your only option. In order to achieve balance and symmetry in a piece that holds three different stones, you can do something like:

- "stack" them on one another (like THIS), with the darkest being on the bottom, and the lightest being on top, with the medium one being in the middle off course
- set each of them in a different color of gold - example, the brown one in the middle in rose gold, bright yellow in yellow gold on one side, light yellow in white gold on the other, with either a rose gold or a three tone shank (maybe even mokume-gane)
- set them in a crossover ring (like THIS), with colors graduating from lightest to darkest.

Those are some of my ideas.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 4:15:57 AM
Author: ma re
I have to say nay too. Those diamonds deserve something better, and if you''d like to use all three in the same piece, I think going custom is probably your only option. In order to achieve balance and symmetry in a piece that holds three different stones, you can do something like:

- ''stack'' them on one another (like THIS), with the darkest being on the bottom, and the lightest being on top, with the medium one being in the middle off course
- set each of them in a different color of gold - example, the brown one in the middle in rose gold, bright yellow in yellow gold on one side, light yellow in white gold on the other, with either a rose gold or a three tone shank (maybe even mokume-gane)
- set them in a crossover ring (like THIS), with colors graduating from lightest to darkest.

Those are some of my ideas.
Ma Rae,
I loved that top stacking art deco inspired ring, but I couldn''t find one like the one you pictured (I did look before I bought this ring). I can''t do custom at the current moment either, so that''s out of the question. I also don''t care at all for stacking bands - just not my thing.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I don''t love it, the yellow diamonds are taking on a greenish cast. Did you try 18k yellow gold?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
TL-normally I love color, but for some reason I don't think that the RG is making anyone of the stones POP. Which is funny because I actually love RG and yellow diamonds together. I'm leaning that way for my FDY RB.

What a fun project, can't wait to see how you set your lovelies :)

FDY RB in RG halo.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 9:06:01 AM
Author: stepcutnut
TL-normally I love color, but for some reason I don''t think that the RG is making anyone of the stones POP. Which is funny because I actually love RG and yellow diamonds together. I''m leaning that way for my FDY RB.

What a fun project, can''t wait to see how you set your lovelies :)
SCN,
I just think the rose gold on this ring is dull and lifeless as well and the polish isn''t very good. I''m going to return it, but I just wanted to see how the diamonds would do in rose gold, so it was like an experiment. It''s like comparing a yugo to a mercedes after you just posted your gorgeous setting. BTW, I had thought you were going to use another setting for your fluorescent FGY diamond. Well, in any case, this one is gorgeous as well.
31.gif

I just went weak at the knees looking at yours.
30.gif
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nay.

cheers--Sharon

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCN,
I also noticed that your rose gold is more pink/purple, and mine is more coppery. That also has a lot to do with it I''m sure.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 8:54:32 AM
Author: mercoledi
I don''t love it, the yellow diamonds are taking on a greenish cast. Did you try 18k yellow gold?
I should note that the yellow diamonds are green as well. They''re greenish yellow diamonds, and not strictly yellow.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
What are the colors of the diamonds? I have often seen pink diamonds in rose gold, yellow in yellow gold. The few green diamonds I have seen, the one I have, one in harvey nichols London, one in Rome were set in platinum. Blue diamonds are also mostly set in white. It''s amazing what the right combo will do to punch the color up a notch!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:47:14 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 3/17/2009 9:06:01 AM

TL-normally I love color, but for some reason I don't think that the RG is making anyone of the stones POP. Which is funny because I actually love RG and yellow diamonds together. I'm leaning that way for my FDY RB.

What a fun project, can't wait to see how you set your lovelies :)

SCN,

I just think the rose gold on this ring is dull and lifeless as well and the polish isn't very good. I'm going to return it, but I just wanted to see how the diamonds would do in rose gold, so it was like an experiment. It's like comparing a yugo to a mercedes after you just posted your gorgeous setting. BTW, I had thought you were going to use another setting for your fluorescent FGY diamond. Well, in any case, this one is gorgeous as well.
31.gif

I just went weak at the knees looking at yours.
30.gif
3.gif
It is fun to experiment!

I am glad that you were able to give the RG a try and if it doesn't float your boat, than it is good you can return it.

I love the idea of the tri-colored diamonds though-are you open to gold colors? Do you want the setting to fade away or be a part of the design more? I will keep my eyes peeled for you, if you'd like :)

I still have the other setting sitting empty, I love it-but kept thinking that my FDY RB needed something a little more special and found this one. The only issue is that I was told that the prongs would have to stay Plat and I was really hoping for YG-so who knows!-Nix that, just found out that the prongs can be changed!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 10:03:19 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
SCN,

I also noticed that your rose gold is more pink/purple, and mine is more coppery. That also has a lot to do with it I''m sure.

Maybe you''d like your diamond combo in a more pink RG???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where do you get more pink RG though in an already made setting?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
You can have the setting plated/dipped in a different RG alloy. I had that done with one of my other rings and it turned out a really lovely shade of pinkish RG(it was an 18kt RG alloy-but I know that they are all a little different, so you might ask to see what that specific jewelers RG looks like first).

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I vote yes. I love colored diamonds and the rose gold will add to the whole multi colored effect.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 10:39:38 AM
You can have the setting plated/dipped in a different RG alloy. I had that done with one of my other rings and it turned out a really lovely shade of pinkish RG(it was an 18kt RG alloy-but I know that they are all a little different, so you might ask to see what that specific jewelers RG looks like first).
I worry about the plating gettng removed though. I love your ring, do you mind sharing where you got the setting from?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 10:16:40 AM
Author: shaunrice
What are the colors of the diamonds? I have often seen pink diamonds in rose gold, yellow in yellow gold. The few green diamonds I have seen, the one I have, one in harvey nichols London, one in Rome were set in platinum. Blue diamonds are also mostly set in white. It''s amazing what the right combo will do to punch the color up a notch!

The diamonds are greenish yellow and light pink (although the pink looks really dark due to the camera shadow). My camera is horrid as well. I wish I could get the true color to appear on the screen. I admit I also took the pics in a dim room in non-direct lighting (which doesn''t help to bring out the best in them).

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Not loving the yellow diamonds in the rose gold. I could totally change my mind if I saw it IRL though. Hard to tell on a computer screen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results