shape
carat
color
clarity

3 colored diamonds in 3 stone rose gold ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I cn see why people are saying it''s too much color but I do like the idea. I saw colored diamond ring with lots and lots of colors ( almost everything under the usual colored diamond rainbow) this weekend all clustered together and I thought it looked really cool. Maybe it''s because colored diamonds tend to be pastels.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like it very much! Yellow seems like it would be too much, and WG seems like it would wash the stones out - I like how the RG looks with this setting.
1.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Can you do a rose gold set for the pink, yellow for the yellow in white gold? I''ve noticed that my pink diamonds make green POP really well. So maybe the pink is pulling the green out of the yellow, which is kind of cool!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 12:41:54 PM
Author: shaunrice
Can you do a rose gold set for the pink, yellow for the yellow in white gold? I''ve noticed that my pink diamonds make green POP really well. So maybe the pink is pulling the green out of the yellow, which is kind of cool!
That''s why I like the combo of pink and green stones. It''s just finding the right metal color that''s the problem.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor for the ring is Leibcor. They will not refund rings that were resized. Guess I didn't read the fine print. I can exchange it for another ring though. Anyone have any suggestions on their ebay webstore?

The diamonds are 4 mm for the smaller ones and 4.7mm for the pink one.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I really like the contrast against the rose gold, but think it is just a bit too much going on. A little too busy?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 11:10:22 AM
Author: innerkitten
I cn see why people are saying it''s too much color but I do like the idea. I saw colored diamond ring with lots and lots of colors ( almost everything under the usual colored diamond rainbow) this weekend all clustered together and I thought it looked really cool. Maybe it''s because colored diamonds tend to be pastels.
Ditto...I actually thought it didn''t look bad at first glance, but you have to love it!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That''s nice that they''ll let you exchange it. I don''t have any bright ideas on a new setting.
7.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Not the style your after. But an interesting site with lots of color mixing. This woman was Jewelry artist magazine.

While most of the stuff is too modern for me ( I tend towards simple classics) I really love some of the earrings.

http://www.isabelleposillico.com/portshow.asp?nxt=13&sid=09B18C5F-9B1F-47B8-A02F-36939D6D02EB&portfolioid=

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 4:15:33 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 3/17/2009 11:10:22 AM
Author: innerkitten
Ditto...I actually thought it didn''t look bad at first glance, but you have to love it!
No, it''s not horrible looking, but I don''t think the diamonds are utilized to their best advantage. I like the spring like colors, but the setting is just
14.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL, do you still have your two round yellowish diamonds? I think they will work better with your lavender center stone. The rose gold can still work with the lavender/greenish diamond combination, but I think some things just need to be adjusted.

This is what my eyes are picking up with the three stones:

1) The center stone''s size is not that much larger than the side stones. It''s not standing out in size.

2) There''s no contrast in the color intensity between the center and side stones. They seem to share the same intensity in color.

3) The sidestones are not identical in color or hue. So the sidestones alone are competing with each other, as well as the center stone. Instead of working together to enhance the lavender stone, they are are fighting for attention in their own way.

Possible changes:

1) Graduate the stones if you love them and must incorporate all of them. But enhance the contrasting color (yellow). A yellow gold will head will achieve this and balance the whole look. Then the lavender can stand out among the contrasting colors. The greenish diamonds have a yellow hue in the pics, but I know you mentioned that they look more green in real life.

Example: Yellow-Green, Green, Lavender.

Lavender, Yellow-Green, Green

2) Get sidestones with a paler shade of yellow. But the sidestones must be identical in color and size. Your two yellowish diamond pair came to mind. The lavender will stand out, the symmetry of the yellows will balance the whole look. You can do a full Rose Gold Head, Yellow Gold Head or YG-RG-YG.

3) Halo the lavender with white diamonds and white metal, but the prongs are rose gold. Or you can do a yellow gold Halo with yellow gold prongs (yellow and purple are complementary colors). The lavender will definitely POP!

Hope this helps!
5.gif
Whatever you do, don''t give up on your gorgeous lavender diamond.

I''d love see your ring come to fruition.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR,
Thanks for all the great ideas. To tell you the truth, I''m putting this project on the backburner for now. I love these diamonds, and I just want to make sure I have the budget to do something more deserving of them. You are so thoughtful to come up with all these wonderful ideas. I will keep them in mind when I get around to setting my stones.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:28:03 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
PR,
Thanks for all the great ideas. To tell you the truth, I''m putting this project on the backburner for now. I love these diamonds, and I just want to make sure I have the budget to do something more deserving of them. You are so thoughtful to come up with all these wonderful ideas. I will keep them in mind when I get around to setting my stones.

You''re very welcome, my dear! I agree, your three diamonds deserve a nice setting that will showcase them nicely. It will be worth the wait.

Besides, your oval Malaya should keep you plenty distracted!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results