shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Carat Full Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
My husband is planning on purchasing a 3-carat full eternity band for me and we''re trying to learn more about them. Locally the largest I am finding is 2-carat. I plan to wear this alone on my right hand so we were thinking a little more substantial. If you own one, is it comfortable and what size is yours? Are you glad you went with full instead of 3/4 or half and where did you purchase it? Any help would be appreciated.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
What style of ring (claw-set, shared prong, channel-set) and shape of diamonds are you considering. Eternity rings with large diamonds are usually custommade and not always stocked in retail shops as they tend to stock the models/sizes that are easy to sell/most affordable. Also what size diamonds are best for you depends on whether the ring will be stand-alone or worn with other rings.

The total number of carats is less useful than knowing the average carat of an individual diamond in the ring. For example, for one client who wanted a large princess cut diamond eternity ring, we used individual 0.275 carat diamonds which resulted in a 5+ carat ring. The total number of diamonds required and resulting total carat weight depends on the recipient''s finger size so for the same size diamonds someone with small fingers might get a ring with total 2+ carats whilst someone with larger fingers could get 3+ carats.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
The size is 5.5, average diamond .16 to .20.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Pretty much same size/number stones/points per stone as Shelley. 3ctw
Mine is extremely comfortable. I wear it every day. I love the fact that it goes all the way around and get compliments all the time from strangers. I got mine from Shane co.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
Got my wife a full eternity and she loves playing with it and spinning it and not worrying about which side is up. However, I think a 3/4 accomplishes just about the same thing. We had ours made by Quest out of Washington DC. We are in Chicago. They were great. Talk to Pete if interested. Good luck.

Two row eternity

Dave

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Justjulia. It''s good to hear you find it so comfortable. Can you tell me how wide (or high) the ring is?

Oh my gosh, Dave. That ring is amazing!!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Small world!!!! Just the other day I spent the better part of a day trying on 3 carat eternity rings!!!! I kid you not.

Some advice.....dont bother with the Cartier one
9.gif
honestly, their eternity band was the most uncomfortable, prickly pronged ring I tried on the whole day. Its like wearing barbed wire!!!!
2.gif

And now that you saved spending at least 3 times the cost of any other 3 carat eternity band, I can say that for me it was a comfortable size.

The comfort will depend on the details of the setting, if it is bulky, if the prongs stick out etc. I found that shared prong was more comfortable than most 4 prong settings.

For me 3 carats ended up being 15 pointers. It is surpising that the setting itself can make the ring look heavier or more delicate even with the same size stones.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Yes, Sharon101, we are in the same spot! I want a setting that is delicate looking but with good size stones. I don''t want a lot of metal and I don''t want poked. It makes me nervous to order online without seeing it because of that. No jewelers around me have a ring with .15 to .20 stones for me to try on. I tried Tiffany''s with .10 stones and it was very comfortable and low (2.8 mm).

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I personally think its too risky to buy sight unseen due to the different comfort levels. And it doesnt take much to make it uncomfortable. I dont think you can really even tell from a photo tbh.

I found that whatever size I tried on I liked, from the 10 pointers to the 15 pointers. So Im really easy to please I guess.
33.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the referral. I would definitely feel more comfortable if I bought from somewhere that would allow a return.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results