shape
carat
color
clarity

3.24 tsavorite garnet w/ cool inclusions from Tan

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
So I have been in love with Dana's demantoid w/ the awesome cool inclusions: http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5539 Since it's not for sale, all i can do is drool... constantly. (pic 1)

Then two nights ago, i saw this! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270643593998&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT (pic 2)

Since I've never seen one like this before, i wasn't sure if it was a good price... so I emailed Dana and asked for his opinion. He said it's pretty uncommon and he would definitely recommend buying it, so I bought it!

Now we play the waiting game. :bigsmile:

3.24 tsav.jpg

dana dem.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That's pretty neat looking. Did he say what the inclusions are in the tsav?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Zowie! I've been hankering after Dana'z demantoid too! Great find your tsav. :lickout:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is really neat!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!! I can't wait to see it in person. love crazy looking gems because it gives them so much personality.

Dana didn't say what the inclusions are, only that they are not the same kind. I should ask him!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really neat.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome! Can't wait to see your pictures!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh cool! Can a stone w/inclusions like that be set or is it less stable? What a neat looking stone!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool! I cant wait for pictures.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

hmm i have no idea if it can be set. I have a loose 1.60ct tsav for a halo ring and a few smaller loose ones for a pendant... need a few more still. These are my inspirations http://www.michaelcfina.com/fine-je...-18kt-tsavorite--diamond-earrings-E427WT.html and http://www.michaelcfina.com/fine-je...n-18kt-tsavorite--diamond-pendant-P133WT.html

I'm hoping it can be used as the big on on the bottom, but if this can't be set, i'll just leave it in the box and stare at it every day.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What an interesting stone! I'd love to see pictures of it in real life when it comes in. And I'm particularly to see the earrings and/or pendant whenever they get made too! That will be one heck of a set.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, i'm trying to combine elements of both into one pendant! I dont wear earrings often so it's kind of wasted, although I do have a pair of matching tsavs in 6x4mm so they might make good dangling charms if i can't use them in the pendant.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo what a great pendant idea! :appl:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a cool-looking stone! It certainly does have lots of personality!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting inclusions, are those rutile?

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love that demantoid too! And what a cool "wanna be"...congrats! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Laura

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I really appreciate it!! My friends think i'm nuts. "how many gems do you NEED?" (hello, i dont need any. i just want them!)

TL, i have no idea what the inclusions are. I will email Dana after I get it. Maybe he can check it out for me! :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty said:
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I really appreciate it!! My friends think i'm nuts. "how many gems do you NEED?" (hello, i dont need any. i just want them!)

TL, i have no idea what the inclusions are. I will email Dana after I get it. Maybe he can check it out for me! :)

He has another tsavorite trillion with needles in it and it's described in the listing as rutilated, so it could be. Well very good, and that's a great way to get a huge stone for very little $$$. Well done! :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Got it today. the color is unFREAKINbelievable!! I'll have to take some daylight shots this weekend.

The inclusions aren't as prominent as I had hoped, but the color is so amazing that it is no longer going into a pendant. This will be a ring. I want to see it!! Woulda loved the inclusions to stand out more, but i'm very very happy with it!!

eta: the inclusions look like tiny little comets going thru the sky. there are a couple tiny splotches that look like fireworks. I love them!!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty said:
Got it today. the color is unFREAKINbelievable!! I'll have to take some daylight shots this weekend.

The inclusions aren't as prominent as I had hoped, but the color is so amazing that it is no longer going into a pendant. This will be a ring. I want to see it!! Woulda loved the inclusions to stand out more, but i'm very very happy with it!!

Do post some picts real soon! Can't wait to see:razz:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty said:

eta: the inclusions look like tiny little comets going thru the sky. there are a couple tiny splotches that look like fireworks. I love them!!

After THAT description, we need photos.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Repeat after me: This post is worthless without pictures. :tongue:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
hehe sorry but compared to both of your collections, i'm afraid it might still be lacking. It's just a lot better than I expected.

I get out of work at 6pm and by the time i get home it's dark. Tried taking some pics last night but man it's hard to take indoor shots w/ energy saving bulbs... it looks great then i take the pic and it's a brown blob. wth. Dont work fridays so i PROMISE i will post pictures tomorrow!!

There are a couple of the facet corners that look a tiiiny bit abraded... but i can only see it thru the loupe. Otherwise the stone is in great condition. No windowing either. The inclusions look even cooler from underneath. Wonder if i can make a setting that allows it to flip around.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
some bad shots... and a box of goodies :)

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty said:
some bad shots... and a box of goodies :)

Oooooh, very pretty, and you have a marvelous collection, especially that oval spessartite. What are some of the other stones?? More photos!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i'm so frustrated. taking pictures of gems is so much harder than diamonds. The tsav is very green w/ a tinge of blue in real life.. not lifeless and blah at all!!

My box of goodies contains:

(in its own box)
4.75ct Dana spess... my crown jewel
3.97ct 8.9mm rubellite asscher cut
2.15ct 8.8mx7.5mm mint tourmaline BB
3.13ct 10x8.8mm amethyst BB
2ct 8.4x7.4mm bright pink tourmaline from tan (AIGS no treatment)

Not photographed- 4.16ct 9.5mm peridot from Dana.. so pretty!!

(in shared boxes)
7 spinels in varying pinks and a tiny 4mm magenta ruby
1 sleepy glowy orange-pink and 1 reddish pink spinel and 1 bright green tsav (too lazy to look up size unless it's on the box, hehe)
1 7mm BB aqua princessish cut w/ 1 pear tanz from tan
1 7.3mm BB red garnet, 1 7mm pretty saturated cushion tanz from tan
1 7.5mm BB pink-red tourmaline, 1 6mm cz
1 7.2mm BB orange red spess garnet, 1 6.8mm BB umb garnet
1 sunstone and 1 sphene
1 7mm round DS aqua, 1 tan chryso, 1 weblorn garnet 9.75*6.96mm

I think i have a problem... my gem collection started in June...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty said:
So I have been in love with Dana's demantoid w/ the awesome cool inclusions: http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5539 Since it's not for sale, all i can do is drool... constantly. (pic 1)

Then two nights ago, i saw this! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270643593998&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT (pic 2)

Since I've never seen one like this before, i wasn't sure if it was a good price... so I emailed Dana and asked for his opinion. He said it's pretty uncommon and he would definitely recommend buying it, so I bought it!

Now we play the waiting game. :bigsmile:

That is really cool looking!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice color!

Laura

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results